More H1 please.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChaoticLuck

More H1 please.

Post by ChaoticLuck »

I was wondering if there would be any different models in H1 down the pipeline. I for one would love to see a medium sized slipit in H1, perhaps something like a Pingo would be fantastic.

Apologies if there's a thread on this already.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I am digging the H1 right now as well. Just my 2 cents.
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Amen, Brother! More H1!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

ChaoticLuck wrote:I was wondering if there would be any different models in H1 down the pipeline. I for one would love to see a medium sized slipit in H1, perhaps something like a Pingo would be fantastic.

Apologies if there's a thread on this already.
Your apology is accepted. :) There have several threads asking for H1. Many have requested more H1. I don't need it but if I did a lot of fishing, diving, etc. I'd want it. I have used it and it does a good job. Edge retention isn't the best of course but just as I don't need rust proof steel I really don't need the edge retention I seem to demand of the knives I use. Also, H1 is affordable. I read an article the other day about some new (I assume) steel. According to the article it was much much better than what is considered "super-steel" by people like us. I think it was rust proof. I also think a knife made by the maker and author of the article was around $3000. I think I read the article from an email from Blade Magazine or some newsletter in my email. I'll check and see if I still have it.
spambait11

Post by spambait11 »

H1 Pingo that locks would suit me fine. I love my H1 Dragonfly, but it is too pointy. Severe bonus points for toothpick and tweezers which fit in the handle! :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

Re-release all models with a high hollow grind. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Sht

Post by Sht »

I'm waiting on H1 with some G10!

Edit: FRN makes baby Jesus cry.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
sal

Post by sal »

H1 has its challenges. Often high cost. What models would you like to see?

sal
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

My #1 request is still an H1 Dyad. In your recent post I remeber you stating this probably isnt going to happen, but I can hope. My next request would then be the Caly 3/UKPK. Lastly would be something Sage or Native sized.

My Salt I is still my most used knife, despite so many great choices. With all the rain it goes with me everywhere. Thanks Sal!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
ChaoticLuck

Post by ChaoticLuck »

sal wrote:H1 has its challenges. Often high cost. What models would you like to see?

sal
I personally would love to see the, Ukpk, pingo, squeak, and the urban in h1. I also would of loved a dyad jr in h1 but as you mentioned can't be done at this time. I'd like other models as well but due to the cost they're at now I doubt they could be made cost effective. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.
ChaoticLuck

Post by ChaoticLuck »

jackknifeh wrote:Your apology is accepted. :) There have several threads asking for H1. Many have requested more H1. I don't need it but if I did a lot of fishing, diving, etc. I'd want it. I have used it and it does a good job. Edge retention isn't the best of course but just as I don't need rust proof steel I really don't need the edge retention I seem to demand of the knives I use. Also, H1 is affordable. I read an article the other day about some new (I assume) steel. According to the article it was much much better than what is considered "super-steel" by people like us. I think it was rust proof. I also think a knife made by the maker and author of the article was around $3000. I think I read the article from an email from Blade Magazine or some newsletter in my email. I'll check and see if I still have it.
Could it have been been Sm100.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

sal wrote:H1 has its challenges. Often high cost. What models would you like to see?

sal
A pac salt sized folder with a combo edge ! I will refer you to my signature :)
I see, said the blind man.
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

vaisforlovers wrote:My #1 request is still an H1 Dyad. In your recent post I remeber you stating this probably isnt going to happen, but I can hope. My next request would then be the Caly 3/UKPK. Lastly would be something Sage or Native sized.

My Salt I is still my most used knife, despite so many great choices. With all the rain it goes with me everywhere. Thanks Sal!
If you mention a Dyad, JD Spydo will be on that like white on rice on a paper plate with a glass of milk in a snowstorm!

**I think a liner-lock H1 with pillar construction would be cool. In case there is any thing thats stuck in the handle it could be washed out easily. Ive been meaning to get a Salt 1 but it always slips my mind until after Ive ordered a new knife.
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

sal
Para 2 and Military versions in H1 please.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
thelock

Post by thelock »

sal
Native, Matriarch... :D
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Bob Lum Tanto Sprint
:spyder: Anso Zulu
:spyder: Szabo Folder
:spyder: Delica ZDP-189
:spyder: SS Kiwi
:spyder: SS Bug set
JD Spydo

The TEMP 1 in H-1

Post by JD Spydo »

Sht wrote:I'm waiting on H1 with some G10!
Hey Brother I can give a huge AMEN!! to that one ;) I've been beating the proverbial drum for quite some time now about the possibility of bringing back the Temperance 1 model with H-1 blade steel and a Yellow G-10 handle.

This generation of Spyder-heads for the most part missed out on a lot of the great models from the Golden Era Of Spyders. The TEmp 1 was just one year after the 1998-2003 era ended but it's so close I'm gonna include that model myself.

The original Temp 1 with VG-10 blade steel is not only an outdoorsman's affordable fixed blade it can be used in the kitchen as well.

OK you want more H-1 :cool: I can't think of a better suggestion than to bring back the TEmp 1 with H-1 blade steel and possibly a G-10 handle. Now I could live with the original FRN handle if need be but a G-10 handle would truly be a nice way to go.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
JD Spydo

The TEMP 1 would be affordable

Post by JD Spydo »

BigBill5953 wrote:If you mention a Dyad, JD Spydo will be on that like white on rice on a paper plate with a glass of milk in a snowstorm!

**I think a liner-lock H1 with pillar construction would be cool. In case there is any thing thats stuck in the handle it could be washed out easily. Ive been meaning to get a Salt 1 but it always slips my mind until after Ive ordered a new knife.
How well put BROTHER :D But the General himself said that the H-1 Dyad was a "NO GO" because of higher than anticipated manufacturing costs. Yeah it broke my heart in one sense but then it opened the door for my next in line request for another H-1 blade which is an original Temperance 1 fixed blade model in H-1 blade steel.

Just think about it for one second before you say there are already enough fixed blades on the market. Well in one sense that's true but have you all looked at how much these great new fixed blades cost :eek: The Southfork has a MSRP of $399 or thereabout and the TEMP 2 is not a dime store item either :rolleyes:

But just think for a moment>> what a tackle box dream a Temp 1 with H-1 steel would be like for the average JOE outdoorsman. It would be an affordable way to have a premium Spyderco Fixed blade at a price that wouldn't cause divorces and bankruptcies :eek:

MOst of the newcomers here at Spyderville have never had the pleasure of checking out just how cool and nice the Temp 1 model is and how great of an all purpose fixed blade it is for the average sportsman. OH there is one hitch :rolleyes: Yes I want it available in plain edge and Spyderedge just like the original Temp 1 model was.

OK just one of you tell me why that wouldn't be a great idea for MORE H-1??
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
FrankH

Post by FrankH »

sal
Mr. Glesser,

Any chance of the Dragonfly 2 Salt coming out with a black FRN handle? More options for Florida.

Frank
** Endura 1 SE G2, Delica 1 CE G2, Co-Pilot SE Almite G2, Bob Terzuola Jr CE ATS-34, Rescue Jr SE ATS-55, Caly 3 PE VG-10 G10, Lady Bug II SE AUS-6, Delica 4 PE VG-10, Endura 4 CE Vg-10, Lady Bug 3 PE VG-10, Cricket SE VG-10, Salt 1 PE H1, Dragonfly 2 PE VG-10, UK Penknife PE CTS BD1 **
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

A Goodard/Jr or Jess Horn Lightweight would be fun and classy.
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

I've long been asking for a Slipit in H1- anything with a sub 3" blade and the option of serrations.

There have already been H1 options in a variety of sizes of locking folder and several fixed blades but never a Slipit.

Pretty please?
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior