Howe's + Chaparral Ti = $155

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

I definitely caved late last night and bought one. Apparently there's a negative correlation between my resolution not to spend money and the number of drinks I've had :rolleyes: . It was hard to turn down $155 shipped on a knife that I was planning on buying at some point. I'm not sure if I'm glad that I got one in time before they sold out or sorry I didn't wait until this morning to find them gone. Whatever. That flashlight I wanted will just have to wait, I guess...
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

d.2.the.p wrote:I definitely caved late last night and bought one. Apparently there's a negative correlation between my resolution not to spend money and the number of drinks I've had :rolleyes: . It was hard to turn down $155 shipped on a knife that I was planning on buying at some point. I'm not sure if I'm glad that I got one in time before they sold out or sorry I didn't wait until this morning to find them gone. Whatever. That flashlight I wanted will just have to wait, I guess...
That's exactly how I got my Sage4. Had some cash in my "play with" bucket and was wondering what I was going to get. Sage4 was a definate purchase in the future but the the "hot deal" at Howe's hooked me and reeled me in. :) I admit I didn't put up much of a fight. :) I hope you become as happy with your decision as I have been with mine. Of course I don't know for sure but I bet you have a flashlight (or 10?) that can hold you over for a while. :D
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

My new policy is to just wait for new knives to go on overstock sale at Howes (or CS). The last few knives I bought too early, and could've saved substantial $$ by waiting another week or two. It's not good to see the new knife you just bought go on sale at Howes for $35 less.
:bug-red-white
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I got the email too, but since I already have the Ti Chaparral, I didn't purchase a second one.

I did fall for the Ti Millie at $179 though, got my shipping notice this morning :) . Back when Howe's put the Southfork on sale for a great price I bought one even though I already had one, just couldn't pass it up :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Dang, I wish I would have been able to get one of those Chaparral Ti's. I have been eye balling them since release but didnt want to spend $185 for one, but $155, heck yeah! :)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

sir_mike wrote:Dang, I wish I would have been able to get one of those Chaparral Ti's. I have been eye balling them since release but didnt want to spend $185 for one, but $155, heck yeah! :)
The thing about Howe's is in addition to having as competative prices as there are you gotta watch em. They'll come out with "hot deals" that are so hot they are sold out fast. From my experience it's a good idea to watch the site daily. I've gotten lucky in the past but this time they hit at a time I couldn't take advantage. :( I think you suffered more than me. I'm used to not being able to get things I want because of money. But, missing a bargain I can afford is just terrible. :( :( I'm sorry for your loss. :)
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

jackknifeh wrote:The thing about Howe's is in addition to having as competative prices as there are you gotta watch em. They'll come out with "hot deals" that are so hot they are sold out fast. From my experience it's a good idea to watch the site daily. I've gotten lucky in the past but this time they hit at a time I couldn't take advantage. :( I think you suffered more than me. I'm used to not being able to get things I want because of money. But, missing a bargain I can afford is just terrible. :( :( I'm sorry for your loss. :)
I am glad you feel my pain but its not the case of being able to afford it, it is the case of selling something that I have to purchase the Chaparral Ti... :) Trust me, my paypal and credit accounts are feeling the pain! LOL
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

How did you guys get the Chaparral for $155 as on Howe's site it sells for $169?
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

There was an email from Howe's that went out abut a week ago that had sale prices listed. Not sure if the price was just for the week, or if it was only available if you clicked the link in the email....but it was $155.
On the hunt for...
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

sir_mike wrote:How did you guys get the Chaparral for $155 as on Howe's site it sells for $169?
If you haven't already, sign up for Howe's email notices, sales and things. You need to click the link in the email that takes you to the page with the sale price. If you go straight to the site you'll see the normal prices (which are pretty good). I just learned this because I read the email and went to the site normally and only found the regular price. Someone in this thread clued me into the link within the email message. Another lesson learned from the Spyderco forum folks that might have cost me some money. :D I didn't get one because I don't like nice knives. Or maybe it was because I didn't have the money that day. Guess which. :)
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Indeed Howe had 40 pieces up for $155 which sold all within 24 hours. The next ones that got in where at the price of $169. Which is not bad seen I paid my preorder $191 :( Thats the bad thing about preorders, thats the price you for the garantee that you will have one. Which was not necesary for this model but for the CF Dodo this could be the only way to get one
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
zippy2001

Post by zippy2001 »

I was lucky enough to follow my impulse when I saw the Ti Chapparral for $155 and buy it immediately. I'm weak that way :)
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

zippy2001 wrote:I was lucky enough to follow my impulse when I saw the Ti Chapparral for $155 and buy it immediately. I'm weak that way :)
At $155 for such a sweet knife, made with quality materials and cutting edge tech, you would be mad not to follow your gust!!! Congrats on the wise descission :D until know it has been a sweet Spydie year and the year is not over!!!
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I got the email but for some reason passed on the deal. Might pick one up if Jim has another deal on it. I've just been busy, out of the loop and have other priorities at the moment.
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Howe's has 'em now for $159... really thinking of getting one.
Clip

Post by Clip »

MachSchnell wrote:Howe's has 'em now for $159... really thinking of getting one.
Not near as good as the $155 deal, but I'm still considering. :D
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

They also have the G-10 Native for $99 which ain't too bad either.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Clip wrote:Not near as good as the $155 deal, but I'm still considering. :D
I really want this one too. Why did I spend so much on everyone else this christmas? Jim just sent out my Southard and a few more goodies, I guess I will be happy enough with that. For now! :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*