Spyderco 2012 Factory Sale

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Spyderco 2012 Factory Sale

Post by TazKristi »

Spyderco is proud to announce that it will be holding its 2012 Factory Sale on Saturday, November 17th from 8:00-5:00. This eagerly anticipated event is your opportunity to purchase Spyderco factory seconds, closeout items, and selected other products at incredible discounts. “Seconds” are fully functional Spyderco products that have minor blemishes and therefore cannot be sold as first-quality products. They are clearly marked as seconds and are not covered by Spyderco’s standard warranty policy. All Seconds Sales are final.

To ensure that all customers have an equal opportunity to share in the fun, this year’s sale has several new rules:

Customers may purchase a maximum of 25 Factory Second knives at one time. They may then go to the end of the line for subsequent purchases.
Due to the high volume of the sale, the entrance line will be patrolled. Those in line may hold only a space for one adult and/or two children under the age of 18.
There is no purchase limit on Factory Second ceramics or new-in-box products, including Spyderco Factory Outlet inventory, discontinued items, and overstock items.
Purchases may be paid for with cash, check or credit card.

Don’t miss this amazing event!!!

Saturday, November 17th, 8:00-5:00
Spyderco Factory Outlet
820 Spyderco Way
Golden, CO 80403
There is nothing more important than this one day.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Oh how I wish I lived nearby...or even in the same country. A few on my list that I would love to pick up if they were cheaper. Good luck with your purchases to all that make it!
On the hunt for...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wonder if i can save enough money buying stuff to offset the cost of driving/flying 2000 miles to get there. Hmmmm....
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ChaoticLuck

Post by ChaoticLuck »

Don't suppose there could ever be an online sale like this?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Of course, this would occur right in the middle of my biggest project of the year when I can't get away! :rolleyes: Oh well, hope everyone scores some good stuff!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Oh how I wish I lived nearby...or even in the same country. A few on my list that I would love to pick up if they were cheaper. Good luck with your purchases to all that make it!
I wish I was on the same continent... ;)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
DigitalUrbanCamo

Post by DigitalUrbanCamo »

ChaoticLuck wrote:Don't suppose there could ever be an online sale like this?
This^
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Brock O Lee wrote:I wish I was on the same continent... ;)
Would be really great for people like us that aren't within a couple of hours. Maybe if we ask nicely enough....
On the hunt for...
angusW

Post by angusW »

Just checked. Only 1500 miles from my front door. I could leave Thursday night and get in line by early Saturday morning. Enjoy the sale whoever goes :)
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Evil D wrote:I wonder if i can save enough money buying stuff to offset the cost of driving/flying 2000 miles to get there. Hmmmm....
swing by and pick me up well split the cost on gas :D
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:I wonder if i can save enough money buying stuff to offset the cost of driving/flying 2000 miles to get there. Hmmmm....
I smell a roadtrip and I guess since I am the farthest from the factory, I will have to drive. :p
billy blade wrote:swing by and pick me up well split the cost on gas :D
I suppose we can fit a few more. :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I think this has been requested before and denied. It would take a lot of extra work to list everything and I can only imagine the headache of dealing with people who would be dissatisfied because the blemish on the knife wasn't the kind of blemish they were hoping for. At least in person, you can inspect the knife and decide if the blemish is acceptable on a knife to knife basis, which is not feasible via online sales. While I wish I could get in on the deals, I understand the time and manpower constraints that prohibit Spyderco from doing so.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
spydie fanatic

Post by spydie fanatic »

The one year I had a forum member pick me up a few and mail them to me. I would like to go as I live in a nearby state, but unfortunately won't make it.

Any members want to help me out? lol :D
"To Care for Those Who Shall Have Borne the Battle..." Abraham Lincoln

Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex :)
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

The last sale (2 years ago) I was seriously thinking about driving up there from Dallas. Turned out it was probably a good thing I didn't go, as I didn't even think about the temperature difference - the folks who waited in line all night in the parking lot got pretty cold from what I heard :) .

Since there wasn't one last year, I was kinda hoping to make it this year, but I have a schedule conflict for that weekend. Not that I really need to buy any more knives anyway! :D Just ordered a Ti Millie from Howe's sale yesterday, he had a pretty good price!

Everyone who can make it there, good luck, and dress warm if you are going to be waiting in the parking lot all night!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Well I guess we'll see a flood of these seconds on the secondary market as soon as they are sold. But the last time I watched auctions of seconds, some of them came pretty close to dealer/street prices :confused: .

What are the odds of second sprints and exclusives?
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Sorry Spyderco, I can't make it to the sale. Hope that its a success.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

My girlfriend had to talk me out of going to the amsterdam meet.
I'll have to ask her to talk me out of this pilgrimage as well.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Any spyderco employees wanna shop for me. Haha!! Time to call my Colorado friends.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
dennisap

Post by dennisap »

Out of the question for me, but all the best for Spyderco. With any luck some of the forum members will post pics of their finds from this sale. Cheers! :)
Yojimbo 2
dialex

Post by dialex »

Good luck with your shopping guys. Don't forget to post back and brag here with your acquisitions ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.