New Starmate Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BigBill5953

New Starmate Question

Post by BigBill5953 »

Just read Sal's thread about his deal with Brownshoe (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... -or-friend), and Sal responded to someone's question asking when it would be available (post #8). Sal said when it would be available but, does anyone know what the price of it wil be?
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

A large bag of monkey chips covered in apple soup, tax in.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Over 200 views and nobody knows the price??
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

No clue...my guess. $160.
On the hunt for...
jossta

Post by jossta »

Good guess.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi BigBill,

We won't know the price until we nail down all of the tooling and manufacturing costs. Our prices are based on our costs. This can't be done until we've actually built a batch.

sal
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

I'm hoping for a price under $140.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Now i have to know exactly what this arrangement was all about....so that in the future i can also make similar arrangements with Sal and hopefully get an awesome discontinued knife brought back to life :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Invective

Post by Invective »

Evil D wrote:Now i have to know exactly what this arrangement was all about....so that in the future i can also make similar arrangements with Sal and hopefully get an awesome discontinued knife brought back to life :D

Khukri????
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

sal wrote:Hi BigBill,

We won't know the price until we nail down all of the tooling and manufacturing costs. Our prices are based on our costs. This can't be done until we've actually built a batch.

sal
Ok, thanks Sal
-Billy