PARA-MILITARY 3 (wish list)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

razorsharp wrote:Hmm, move the finger swell back a tad, and make the handle a bit longer, for larger hands- a lot of people are pretty much forced into the choil. Even mod the ergos to make it a TAD longer behind the choil while minimally making the handle longer. Keep the blade as is, its supposed to be smaller than the millie. Its hard to improve perfection
That was the big complaint many of us had about the Para 1 and why I sold the three I had. You must have really big hands. I wear an XL or XXL glove and the Para 2 is perfect for me.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Since we're just talking, I'd like to see deep carry wire pocket clip, thinner blade, thicker G-10, and lighter liners.

But really, I just want the wire pocket clip.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I'd like to see a variant with a deep carry wire clip too. My job is such that all I can carry is a UKPK or Caly 3.5...
dsmegst wrote:Since we're just talking, I'd like to see deep carry wire pocket clip, thinner blade, thicker G-10, and lighter liners.

But really, I just want the wire pocket clip.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
jossta

Post by jossta »

I'm good.
connor

Post by connor »

I guess we all agree that the para 2 is a most excellent example of knife design. To improve this all further changes have to be "top notch".
- matte Titanium wire clip (deep carry)
- Titanium scales
- even better screws
- perhaps a more expensive steel?
- polished blade?
- my personal wish: knife tip a hint thicker
'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Know what I want? Laser rockets. That would be totally bad-***. The big kids wouldn't bother me then!

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

tr4022 wrote:Know what I want? Laser rockets. That would be totally bad-***. The big kids wouldn't bother me then!

Tod
Did you get enough sleep? You seem to be in a snarky mood. As per your post in the other thread also indicates.
BAL

Post by BAL »

The only thing that I would change about the Para 2 is
changing their location. From on the shelf to in my pocket.
I have only one.... for now.
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Did you get enough sleep? You seem to be in a snarky mood. As per your post in the other thread also indicates.
Entirely possible, Chuck. See my response on the Tuff not so Tuff thread, if you care to. Olive branches all around.

Tod

P.S. Now you know why the big kids wanna pick on me.... I can be a world-class pain in the butt! :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

What do I want? I want a change of production site. I don't want to read "Golden, Colorado, Earth" on the PM3. I want this moved to another factory. I want a knife that's....out of this world. :spyder:
IceCold

Post by IceCold »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQcRUhuxvcY

I'd wish for a production run of the modifications this guy made maybe even a Damascus steel version or the Acid etched he did on some ZDP steel.

He also rounded some of the G-10 and rounded the steel right behind the spyderhole.

Also on another note is something going On, for example I have cash but no website period has the Paramilitary 2 In Stock (in particular the All Black Model)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Maybe laser-guided rockets but "laser rockets" aren't even real. Let's keep this productive people; don't just make stuff up and ask them to integrate it.
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Blerv wrote:Maybe laser-guided rockets but "laser rockets" aren't even real. Let's keep this productive people; don't just make stuff up and ask them to integrate it.
Heh, heh, heh [snort], oh, they are real my friend; in my mind, they are very, very real. And they are deployed on the backs of flying unicorns!

T
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

tr4022 wrote:Know what I want? Laser rockets. That would be totally bad-***. The big kids wouldn't bother me then!

Tod
Sorry . . . Sal has that planned for the Para 4. ;)
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

OutOfTheBlue wrote:I'd love to see a PM with blade length of 2.99" and below, but that's really just a selfish request on my part due to local knife laws.
This.
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." — Kingsley Amis
STWesterner

Post by STWesterner »

Same handle size and more edge/blade length, it needs a better ratio
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

STWesterner wrote:Same handle size and more edge/blade length, it needs a better ratio
How do you propose Spyderco do that?
EF82

Post by EF82 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:How do you propose Spyderco do that?
I dont think it wouldn't be to difficult to slightly change the shape of the blade and still not interfere with the lanyard hole. Change the angel of blade spine slightly to get a longer blade with the same scales.
But I am no knife maker or expert.
Holland

Post by Holland »

there is nothing i would improve that would keep it the same knife. I would however, love to see a <3 inch version, but that will mostlikely never happen
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

If we can't get them on the 2 then I would love to have some teeth on the 3.