Finally gave in and ordered some orange

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
modestglock26

Finally gave in and ordered some orange

Post by modestglock26 »

Gave into temptation just now and ordered and orange Delica. It will be my first orange addition to the heard, and my first Delica ever.

I was debating between the Delica and the Endura for a long time. I had an Endura wave that I sold off but I really wanted an orange one with a saber ground blade. Guess it'll have to be a Frankenstein to get that setup.

I went ahead and got the Delica as I've been really wanting one for a while.

I was trying to decide between going the smaller route vs the bigger route and the Delica just won for the time being. I normally carry a PM or a larger Benchmade so the smaller Delica should fill a nice niche.

Hopefully I chose wisely. Will post pics upon arrival.
IceCold

Post by IceCold »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kouGD72sN_g

Allow me to share, I just this week got my first Delica 4 all Black. Smaller then PM 2 better for EDC and $50 bucks (I got a deal) better than $130 on my Paramilitary 2 so I want keep that safe.

Its a great EDC knife in general, I got the All Black matte version combo edge.

Prices are only going up. Stocking up on a new PM 2 also
bh49

Post by bh49 »

modestglock26 wrote:Gave into temptation just now and ordered and orange Delica. It will be my first orange addition to the heard, and my first Delica ever.
Good choice of color. Welcome to the club.
IceCold wrote: Delica 4 Smaller then PM 2 better for EDC
Smaller yes. Better for EDC, I do not think so. $130 for Para2, you overpaid. You can get it for $100. And I will take $100 Para over $50 Delica anytime. Blade bigger and stronger. Stronger lock. Better ergos, choil. I strongly beleive that majority on this forum would not agree with you as well.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

Not to worry, my PM needs are covered for now.

I just was getting this strong craving for some orange and I feel like the Delica and the Endura are both excellent EDC knives, not that the PM isn't. I've been carrying the PM everyday and I love it.

I also love options!

I was tempted to get an orange mini grip but I think the Spyders just look so much better.

My last Endura was a navy blue wave, it was also the one that gave my VG10 to the bone and a few stitches ;)

I felt like the Delica was a good choice to splice in between the PM and the green Tenacious for the time being.

Why did I just recently get this urge for so much orange?!?!?
IceCold

Post by IceCold »

That looks more like a Paramilitary not a Paramilitary 2.

I have the same exact coloring I can tell by the Clip that its not the PM2. And at $130 Yes I think I over paid a little for my PM 2 Black DLC blade version but its worth it in quality. It was literally my first Spyderco ever. And for my EDC purposes. Delica 4 is better. Because the Tip of the Saber grind is wider reinforced, better if you need to pierce heavy guage think material, The PM 2 has an amazing tip but thin (not weak) but it just looks fragile. Would not want to risk it
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

That's why I said it was my PM, not my PM2.

:)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

modestglock26 wrote: Why did I just recently get this urge for so much orange?!?!?
May be this forum
Since Mr. Blonde posted pictures of his Orange UKPK I started to have urges for Orange, so I got:UKPK, Ladybug, Milly, Para2, Dodo. Now waiting for Native. I hope for sprint or dealer exclusive. CS loves Orange.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

That's probably what it is. I've never been big on super bright colors but right now I'm wanting the orange Endura/Delica combo and then a bunch of other colors too.

I'm a sucker for green's and blue's so those will probably be next.

I was tempted to get the light blue BM555 mini grip with the Spyderhole as I can't stand thumb studs much at all.

Guess it's going to be a colorful time coming up. I have my blacks covered for now with my ZT's.
flash900

Post by flash900 »

modestglock26 wrote:...I really wanted an orange one with a saber ground blade.
That's one I would love to see!
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Franken-knife!
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

Orange has arrived! Love it, not only for the fun new color to my rotation, but also for the fact it is a great sized EDC option.

I think I might wait on the Endura for now, but that's mainly because I'm not sure if I want to do another orange one or add another fun color...