PM1 in my near future

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
modestglock26

PM1 in my near future

Post by modestglock26 »

So I'm making a trade on a camo PM1 that should be here in a few days and I have a few questions.

How hard is it to take apart?

I would like to dye the camo and make it either a purple/blue or go red. How hard is this to do?

Also, where is the best place to get custom scales for it? Also is there anyway to make it a tip up carry?

Thanks in advance. I'll post pics when I get it. Can't wait. Been wantin to try a PM for some time now.
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

PM1?? Those are hard to come by especially for custom makers. Tuffthumbz though. John Grimsmo makes fantastic alu scales for the pm2, he may be able to the pm1
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

Yeah it's a pm1 in the box with factory edge and looks pretty spotless. Would the dye job be a bad idea for such a beast? It looks like it an only clip tip down and I might just leave it be.

Says C81GPCM0 on the box and just 'paramilitary'.
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

I am not sure about dying, never done it so I never had any experience with it. Tell me the results if you decide to go through with it.
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

I've seen a lot the camo scales being dyed to make them red camo. It looks stunning on the pm series.

I might try it I just don't want to take the pm apart and not be able to get it back together.
nightburn

Post by nightburn »

I have a pm1 and I have disassembled it twice since '06. It's really straight forward to disassemble and reassemble. It might take a couple minutes of finagling with the stop pin and pivot screws to get your blade centered again though.
:spyder: Kiwi 4, Jester, Ladybug, Southard, Junior, Southfork, Chaparral, SpyderSaw, CF S90V PM2, Dfly G-10, PM1 :spyder:
webmaster | sharpthings.net
modestglock26

Post by modestglock26 »

I don't want to mess it up but I can't stop wanting to dye the g10 to make it red. I've just seen a few red camp dye jobs that have come out looking so good it's not fair.