C22 Walker/Klotzli Genome Project

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Appler

Post by Appler »

Thanks, Senate. Those are indeed the pics. We've all seen a lot of pics of spydies, but those shots in particular are exceptional.

In that thread, Rycen mentions:

#277 -- Klotzli on blade, glossy scales...too bad the pics aren't available anymore, so we don't have any more info than that.
JD Spydo

Klotzli: A quality minded maker of good knives

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I'm not a huge fan of Spyderco''s "MICHAEL WALKER" design. But I am a big fan of Klotzli's fine folders. I've looked at several of Klotzli's fine blades over the years and I truly have a great deal of respect for the company. But most of their models are not something that I gravitate toward.

But quality wise they do good work. I'm sure if you were to get the Great Spyder Factory, Michael Walker and the Klotzli knife company to collaborate I have no doubt that it would be a great product.

I would actually like to see Klotzli and Spyderco do another collaboration in the near future. I also loved the one that they did with Kershaw some time back.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Appler

Post by Appler »

#013 -- Klotzli on blade, glossy scales, plainedge, no spyder on clip, clip engraving upsidedown. Was on Fleabay.
Appler

Post by Appler »

#1620 -- no Klotzli, glossy scales, comboedge, spyder on clip and engraving right side up. Owned by our own forum member endgame.
M.FREEZE

Post by M.FREEZE »

Appler wrote:#013 -- Klotzli on blade, glossy scales, plainedge, no spyder on clip, clip engraving upsidedown. Was on Fleabay.
It's not on eBay anymore... There were no bids and very few views. Within the last 2 days of the auction the seller posted a "make offer" option. #13 is now mine. APPLER described it correctly.
80cj5

Post by 80cj5 »

First let me say hello to all, and thank you for letting me join your site. I recently purchased A Spyderco walker number 1225 with matte scales, no Klotzli on blade. Clip says swiss made, then has patent info and gold bug. I was wondering if I could get information as to a value on this knife. Its new in A black bag, and has never been used. Any info would be appreciated. It is my goal to sell this knife, to fund A project.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

No Klotzli for me, I have wanted one but it just hasn't happened yet. Very cool lil project you have going here though, it will be interesting to see how many of these knives show up in this thread.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I missed the boat on this one too, unfortunately. :o Perhaps someday I'll have the chance to buy one. On a somewhat related note, I did just win a bid on a NIB (new old stock) Walker off of the 'Bay this past weekend. Nothing too fancy; this is the basic FRN (or Zytel) version featuring the combo-edge. I'm still excited, though. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

SpyderNut wrote:I missed the boat on this one too, unfortunately. :o Perhaps someday I'll have the chance to buy one. On a somewhat related note, I did just win a bid on a NIB (new old stock) Walker off of the 'Bay this past weekend. Nothing too fancy; this is the basic FRN (or Zytel) version featuring the combo-edge. I'm still excited, though. :)
nice one. Other than the fact that its a CE that is one of the few older spydies that I'm actively looking for...I've got the CF and the Blue Almite ones...congreats on a cool little knife.
On the hunt for...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:nice one. Other than the fact that its a CE that is one of the few older spydies that I'm actively looking for...I've got the CF and the Blue Almite ones...congreats on a cool little knife.
Thanks, 'Snoo. I actually just received the Walker yesterday in the mail. Haven't opened it yet, though--I'm saving that for Friday night. ;) I'll post some pics here soon.

P.S. I've had my eye peeled for the CF and Almite variations for some time. Darned elusive, aren't they? :cool:
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
M2P

Post by M2P »

Shiny CF scales
Blade is plain edge
Clip has “US PATENT 4347665 FOREIGN PATS PEND” , “SWISSMADE”, and bug (side up)
Blade has oval:
Spyderco
Swiss Made
ATS-34
Walker

This is for mine I bought this year in second hand, perfect condition.
PS : pic later, when I'll understand why, now, I cannot connect my phone to my laptop ...!
EDIT : clip engraved side up
Plain Edge Friendly !
Favorite ones : 1- Native (+ Poliwog) 2- C42 H.Viele 3- J.S.Khalsa & Dragonfly
~~ Looking for Native 5 FRN Brown Operation Inherent Resolve
C41BN5
~~
Appler

Post by Appler »

Hey, 80cj5 and M2P. Thanks for contributing to the project. Can you tell us about the engraving on the clips: when the knife is open with the blade edge down, is the engraving right side up or upside down? Thank you!
80cj5

Post by 80cj5 »

Appler wrote:Hey, 80cj5 and M2P. Thanks for contributing to the project. Can you tell us about the engraving on the clips: when the knife is open with the blade edge down, is the engraving right side up or upside down? Thank you!
Absolutely, with my number 1225 when the blade is open and edge down the engraving on the clip is right side up.
Appler

Post by Appler »

A couple more from recent fleabay auctions:

#1022 -- matte scales, combo edge, no Klotzli on blade, clip engraving right side up with bug
#1438 -- glossy scales, plain edge, no Klotzli, clip engraving right side up with bug
#607 -- matte scales, plain edge, no Klotzli, clip engraving right side up, NO BUG
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

On SpydieWiki on th C22 page are some photos of #936

#936 -- matte scales, combo edge, no Klotzli on blade, clip engraving right side up with bug

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

On this blog I found #863

http://kesportal.hu/2009/03/09/retrospe ... el-walker/

#863 -- matte scales, combo edge, no Klotzli on blade, clip engraving right side up with bug

Appler

Post by Appler »

IG, thanks for the sleuthing and contribution!
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

No problem at all!

Also found these on Fleabay

#780 -- matte scales, plain edge, no Klotzli on blade, clip engraving right side up with bug
#1294 -- matte scales, plain edge, no Klotzli on blade, clip engraving right side up with bug
#1476 -- glossy scales, plain edge, no Klotzli on blade, clip not shown

A friend had one some time ago and this are his recollections

#19 glossy scales, plain edge, Klotzli on blade, no recollection

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Thx to 80cj5! Thx for helping me stike a nice one from my grail list :)

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Found 2 more on Ebay

#214 -- glossy scales, plain edge, Klotzli on blade, No Bug on clip
#809 -- matte scales, plain edge, no Klotzli on blade, clip engraving right side up with bug