I'm Back With Some New Spydies in the Collection!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
raven

I'm Back With Some New Spydies in the Collection!!!

Post by raven »

Hi All, It's been quite some time since I've posted or been here on the forums. Since the move here to South Carolina from good ole Colorado... I haven't had much to post over here or anything to really add of interest ... or felt like I didn't have anything interesting to say :rolleyes: . The Spyderco Family hasn't left my heart and I've lurked when time has permitted. I've dabbled in some other forums and been experimenting with other knives, but I always manage to compare them to Spyderco... Spyderco is still TOP NOTCH and Always Will Be ;) .

As of late I've added the Paramilitary 2. The Paramilitary is one of those models I just wasn't interesting in getting at the time. Little by little it started to grow on me and decided to pull the trigger on one and now I know and understand why it's so HUGE in the Spyderco community. It's a model that's about as versatile as it gets!!! This is one of those models that you want to kick yourself for not getting one in the first place... Duh :rolleyes: !!!

The other model that really struck my interest was the little Techno model. WOW... What A Little Beast of a knife. It's on it'w way in, but I've done the research and have seen the videos and reviews. This thing is built (can't wait to get mine :cool :) . Hopefully.... I do mean "Hopefully" I can stay in touch here and get to know everyone allover again :) ... Like they say "There Is No Place Like Home"!!! Take Good Care All and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

glad all is well in your new home Gil. take care.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
raven

Post by raven »

tonydahose wrote:glad all is well in your new home Gil. take care.
Hey Tony, Long time no hear Brother ;) . All is well here at home, but work is another story. The plan is to be out of here in the next 2 years after my wife's contract is up.... Heading Back Home To Colorado where I belong :) . It's not all it was cracked up to be... at least for me :rolleyes: . It's great for my wife, because she has a great group of people she works with and they help her and support her a ton, which is something she's needed for a while. Me and the crew I work with... not much to look forward to there... It's actually down right scary in an Officer Safety Sense :eek: :eek:!!!

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Great hearing from ya, Gil!

And, you're not the only one... when I finally go the Spyderco Para-Military, I wondered why it took me so long. Then came the Spyderco Para-Military2, and it's amazing what the little extra bit of length to the blade does for that knife.

You take care as well!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
raven

Post by raven »

Hey WB, Nice to hear from you as well Brother. This Para 2 is Amazing in hand. I never handled the original Para model, but the Para 2 with the improvements that I've read were done to the design is like an extension of your hand when using it. Looking forward to putting in through some heavy duty use :D . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-

Donut

Post by Donut »

Welcome back. It's nice to have you around.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Good to hear from you. I was not a PM fan until the PM2 came out and now its in my top 5 favorite Spydercos. I even have the Orange Cutlery Shoppe exclusive and I almost never get two of the same knife. Bummer about work...hope they at least respect the Spyderco blades you carry!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Welcome back Raven!! I hope you can manage to stay in touch. All the best!
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Gil,

It is great to see you back and well.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Welcome back Raven, good to see you posting again!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Tank

Post by Tank »

Welcom back Gil, good to see you again. I have become more of a lurker as of late as well. Hope you can make the best of the rest of your stay in SC. Hang in there.
-John
raven

Post by raven »

Thank You All for the "Welcome Back". I going to do my best to try and post more and stay in contact ;) .

It was mentioned in a previous post by Pneumothorax about respecting the Spydie I carry.... If I can partially quote the E-Trade Baby... "Apparently It's Frowned Upon to Carry A Knife In This Establishment" :mad: :mad:.... Don't Ask :rolleyes: !!! Anyway, I carry one regardless what they believe. I think I've been doing this long enough and know enough weapons retention to protect my sidearm and knife. Besides, it's called a "Lethal Force Encounter"!!! You grab my pistol, you get sliced, you grab my knife, you get shot!!! I'm not going to be a statistic, because of someone's stupidity!!! Sorry, Rant Over ;) :) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-

Donut

Post by Donut »

Gotta respect that 21 foot rule, as absurd as it may sound. :D
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

Hey Raven,

good to hear from you.

As you may know, the Kabar TDI has been declared a "weapon" in Germany and may not be sold or carried anymore. Don't know if LEOs may still carry one, I'm not a LEO.

I'm becoming very disenchanted with all these regulations.

Cheers,
skatenut