Return to the wolfpack (warning, Pics Heavy)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Zozo*HC*

Return to the wolfpack (warning, Pics Heavy)

Post by Zozo*HC* »

Hello everyone,

some of you may remember me, some of you may forgot, and some may never ever saw me here in this forum. (I was the guy who won the Poliwog back in 2008: Thanks Kristi ;) ) The reason is simpe, i was cheating on spyderco in the last few years. I registered here more than 5 years ago, and i was an active member for years, spyderco was my favorite brand and i spent a lot of time here in the community.
Evidence:

To make the long story short, the bug was eating me, and i had to try out a lot of different new things(brands) and i slowly get rid of my beloved spiders.
First i try to find the perfect folder:

To be continued...
No sacrifice, No victory!
Zozo*HC*

Post by Zozo*HC* »

Than i realized, that i dont really like folders, and decided to find the right stuff, and tried out different fixed blades for edc:
Zozo*HC*

Post by Zozo*HC* »

After the long journey and lot of search for the grail knife, i finally found something that i can believe in! The ultimate small sized SHTF fixed blade which can fill the bill in every situation, it can handle wood, can handle duty,can handle kitchen, and can handle the streets. The answer was all the time in front of me but i could not see the forest from the tree.

And my newest and most favorite is:

Okay, thanks for watching :) I hope it was not that boring.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Fun journey! Welcome back!

Ken
玉鋼
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

awesome story man! like you, I've been mia a while. my draw has been custom fixed blades and tomahawks though. welcome back and thanks for the awesome pics!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Zozo,

Nice story and nice pics. Thanx.

sal
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The Street Beat is a supurb knife. Great size easy to carry. One day I am going to get a nice leather horizontal sheath for mine...

Congrats on coming back full circle.
On the hunt for...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

The Prodigal Son finally returns! ;) Heh heh! Just kidding, guy. Welcome back! :) P.S. Good choice with the 'Beat. I've been pining after those for some time...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Zozo*HC*

Post by Zozo*HC* »

Thanks for everyone :) its good to be home again :) Special thanks to Sal :) Could you please bring the ronin back :) Sorry i loved that one very much.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Hi Zozo. Hope that all is well in Buda. Nice story. I can relate slightly as I also tried various brands and knives before settling on Spyderco. After that, my first custom will also sport a Spydie hole. Take care.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Great knives and pictures. What is the second fixed blade in your pictures?(cord wrapped handle)
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
Zozo*HC*

Post by Zozo*HC* »

dgulbra wrote:Great knives and pictures. What is the second fixed blade in your pictures?(cord wrapped handle)
Thats a BRKT Bravo 2 necker :) Was a good knife, bit did not tolerated beating tough:s:$
Donut

Post by Donut »

Welcome back. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

That's a cool story in pictures. Whenever I talk to spydieknuts, 9 out of 10 will say that Spyderco was never their first brand. It usually seems to take some time and experience to appreciate those odd designs, myself included.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram