Sheath for Native 5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
peregrine

Sheath for Native 5

Post by peregrine »

I have recently purchased a NATIVE 5 . I would like to get a leather sheath for such - but Spyderco does not carry such . I have 2 photos attached of a brown sheath and a black sheath . I want to get the black sheath - with the Manix2 in it .
Do any readers know where and how I can get the black sheath ?
Thank you from peregrine ......michaeltrott77@[ATTACH]20728[/ATTACH]yahoo.ca
Attachments
Sheath Manix2.jpg
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Welcome Peregrine :) Enjoy the forum :)

Can't help with the sheath for a folder, but having had a Manix2 and Sage2 I would prefer the Sage. They're both fine knives, the sage is more gentlemanly useful while the Manix2 with all of the choil and jimping is a bit more aggressive. Enjoy whatever you decide :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Welcome to the forum!
I've never seen leather sheaths for Spydercos. You'll probably have to get one custom made. Even better, try to make one yourself. There are knife forums that have a section on leather work. Good luck!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

dbcad wrote:Welcome Peregrine :) Enjoy the forum :)

Can't help with the sheath for a folder, but having had a Manix2 and Sage2 I would prefer the Sage. They're both fine knives, the sage is more gentlemanly useful while the Manix2 with all of the choil and jimping is a bit more aggressive. Enjoy whatever you decide :)
He has a Native 5, not a Sage or Manix. Perhaps you got your threads confused and meant to click on and post to this thread?: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -or-Manix2 ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

By the way, welcome to the forums peregrine! I don't know where that sheath came from, but it's certainly beautiful.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

I have seen those formed sheaths for Spyderco's on ebay.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I know of a few forum members whom do beautiful custom leatherwork for reasonable rates. A few searches will yield you some results. As Sithus1966 said, those formed leather belt sheaths for folders can be found on the bay. Welcome to the forum!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
FarmerSteve

Post by FarmerSteve »

http://www.ianatkinson.net/leather/ It may mean sending your beautiful new Native to the UK, but this guy does beautiful work. Check out some of his videos on utube. http://www.youtube.com/user/satansbarber. As to making your own... uh... well... The tools are expensive. The leather is expensive. And it'll take about a year before you'll be happy with the end result of any project you undertake. I started leatherwork about 2 years ago, and I still don't feel comfortable taking commissions yet. There are a bunch of Americans that could help you as well, but I just love this guy's work. Also, you may put some feelers out on leatherworker.net. Hope this helps.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

I've recently started making leather sheaths for folders and such and I'd gladly make one but making such a sheath requires access to the knife in question as the leather is custom fitted to the knife. I don't have a Native5, and shipping it back and forth from Canada to Europe would be very expensive. (By your email address I presume you're in Canada ;) )

This guy however http://www.vessleatherworks.com/ seems to be located in Ontario, Canada. You might still have to send your knife to him but it will be within your contrys borders. :) (My own work pales in comparison to his.)
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

Creepo wrote:I've recently started making leather sheaths for folders and such and I'd gladly make one but making such a sheath requires access to the knife in question as the leather is custom fitted to the knife. I don't have a Native5, and shipping it back and forth from Canada to Europe would be very expensive. (By your email address I presume you're in Canada ;) )
This guy however http://www.vessleatherworks.com/ seems to be located in Ontario, Canada. You might still have to send your knife to him but it will be within your contrys borders. :)
I'd also suggest trying Vess Leather. Check his web ste. He has pix of the sheaths he's done and a list of the knives that he has on hand. It may be that he has an N5 and you won't have to send yours along to him. He has some sheaths ready to go from his ebay store. Anything else he does as a custom job.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
FarmerSteve

Post by FarmerSteve »

Your work is beautiful. You just started working w/ leather? I'm really impressed.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

FarmerSteve wrote:Your work is beautiful. You just started working w/ leather? I'm really impressed.
Oh no, don't get confused now, read my post again. :p
Ian Atkinson

Post by Ian Atkinson »

peregrine wrote:I have recently purchased a NATIVE 5 . I would like to get a leather sheath for such - but Spyderco does not carry such . I have 2 photos attached of a brown sheath and a black sheath . I want to get the black sheath - with the Manix2 in it .
Do any readers know where and how I can get the black sheath ?
Thank you from peregrine ......michaeltrott77@[ATTACH]20728[/ATTACH]yahoo.ca
The black sheath pictured is by me (and it's my photo). *EDITED*

Ian