Sheath for Native 5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
peregrine
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Sheath for Native 5

Postby peregrine » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:23 pm

I have recently purchased a NATIVE 5 . I would like to get a leather sheath for such - but Spyderco does not carry such . I have 2 photos attached of a brown sheath and a black sheath . I want to get the black sheath - with the Manix2 in it .
Do any readers know where and how I can get the black sheath ?
Thank you from peregrine ......michaeltrott77@[ATTACH]20728[/ATTACH]yahoo.ca
Attachments
Sheath Manix2.jpg

User avatar
dbcad
Member
Posts: 3111
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: ga, usa

Postby dbcad » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Welcome Peregrine :) Enjoy the forum :)

Can't help with the sheath for a folder, but having had a Manix2 and Sage2 I would prefer the Sage. They're both fine knives, the sage is more gentlemanly useful while the Manix2 with all of the choil and jimping is a bit more aggressive. Enjoy whatever you decide :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]

User avatar
Pockets
Member
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Iron Islands

Postby Pockets » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Welcome to the forum!
I've never seen leather sheaths for Spydercos. You'll probably have to get one custom made. Even better, try to make one yourself. There are knife forums that have a section on leather work. Good luck!

User avatar
jabba359
Member
Posts: 4851
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA U.S.A. Earth
Contact:

Postby jabba359 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:56 pm

dbcad wrote:Welcome Peregrine :) Enjoy the forum :)

Can't help with the sheath for a folder, but having had a Manix2 and Sage2 I would prefer the Sage. They're both fine knives, the sage is more gentlemanly useful while the Manix2 with all of the choil and jimping is a bit more aggressive. Enjoy whatever you decide :)
He has a Native 5, not a Sage or Manix. Perhaps you got your threads confused and meant to click on and post to this thread?: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -or-Manix2 ;)
-Kyle

:spyder:
Latest arrivals: Opus, Q Ball, GITD Delica 4

http://www.spydiewiki.com

User avatar
jabba359
Member
Posts: 4851
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA U.S.A. Earth
Contact:

Postby jabba359 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm

By the way, welcome to the forums peregrine! I don't know where that sheath came from, but it's certainly beautiful.
-Kyle

:spyder:
Latest arrivals: Opus, Q Ball, GITD Delica 4

http://www.spydiewiki.com

Sithus1966
Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Sithus1966 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I have seen those formed sheaths for Spyderco's on ebay.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8353
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm

I know of a few forum members whom do beautiful custom leatherwork for reasonable rates. A few searches will yield you some results. As Sithus1966 said, those formed leather belt sheaths for folders can be found on the bay. Welcome to the forum!
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
FarmerSteve
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Denton, TX USA

Postby FarmerSteve » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 pm

http://www.ianatkinson.net/leather/ It may mean sending your beautiful new Native to the UK, but this guy does beautiful work. Check out some of his videos on utube. http://www.youtube.com/user/satansbarber. As to making your own... uh... well... The tools are expensive. The leather is expensive. And it'll take about a year before you'll be happy with the end result of any project you undertake. I started leatherwork about 2 years ago, and I still don't feel comfortable taking commissions yet. There are a bunch of Americans that could help you as well, but I just love this guy's work. Also, you may put some feelers out on leatherworker.net. Hope this helps.

User avatar
Creepo
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Finland

Postby Creepo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:37 am

I've recently started making leather sheaths for folders and such and I'd gladly make one but making such a sheath requires access to the knife in question as the leather is custom fitted to the knife. I don't have a Native5, and shipping it back and forth from Canada to Europe would be very expensive. (By your email address I presume you're in Canada ;) )

This guy however http://www.vessleatherworks.com/ seems to be located in Ontario, Canada. You might still have to send your knife to him but it will be within your contrys borders. :) (My own work pales in comparison to his.)

User avatar
dalefuller
Member
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:37 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby dalefuller » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:46 am

Creepo wrote:I've recently started making leather sheaths for folders and such and I'd gladly make one but making such a sheath requires access to the knife in question as the leather is custom fitted to the knife. I don't have a Native5, and shipping it back and forth from Canada to Europe would be very expensive. (By your email address I presume you're in Canada ;) )
This guy however http://www.vessleatherworks.com/ seems to be located in Ontario, Canada. You might still have to send your knife to him but it will be within your contrys borders. :)
I'd also suggest trying Vess Leather. Check his web ste. He has pix of the sheaths he's done and a list of the knives that he has on hand. It may be that he has an N5 and you won't have to send yours along to him. He has some sheaths ready to go from his ebay store. Anything else he does as a custom job.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935

User avatar
FarmerSteve
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Denton, TX USA

Postby FarmerSteve » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Your work is beautiful. You just started working w/ leather? I'm really impressed.

User avatar
Creepo
Member
Posts: 1127
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 am
Location: Finland

Postby Creepo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 pm

FarmerSteve wrote:Your work is beautiful. You just started working w/ leather? I'm really impressed.
Oh no, don't get confused now, read my post again. :p

Ian Atkinson
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 pm
Contact:

Postby Ian Atkinson » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 pm

peregrine wrote:I have recently purchased a NATIVE 5 . I would like to get a leather sheath for such - but Spyderco does not carry such . I have 2 photos attached of a brown sheath and a black sheath . I want to get the black sheath - with the Manix2 in it .
Do any readers know where and how I can get the black sheath ?
Thank you from peregrine ......michaeltrott77@[ATTACH]20728[/ATTACH]yahoo.ca
The black sheath pictured is by me (and it's my photo). *EDITED*

Ian


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearfacedkiller, Bing [Bot], Bloke, Enactive, Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 16 guests