Stretch VG-10 or Endura 4??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Stretch VG-10 or Endura 4 FFG

Stretch VG-10
71%
Endura VG-10
29%

Total votes: 48

PARATOM

Stretch VG-10 or Endura 4??

Post by PARATOM »

Im wanting to get a bigger FRN spydie but i cant make up my mind. I owned an Endura 4 Wave but sold it and now im kinda wanting a larger FRN knife again. I cant decide on getting the Stretch or Endura. I love the look of the Stretch and its different than any other of my spydies, but the Endura is a little less expensive and i loved the weight and handle feel.

Both knifes will be used in a normal EDC role.

Thanks for the input guys! :spyder: Life
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The Stretch is the way that I would go. It is just a great knife.
On the hunt for...
Holland

Post by Holland »

the stretch is leagues ahead of the endura
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I will go against the flow here. I would go Endura since I like the blade shape better. If im going to be usingit everyday, I also want the design of the knife to appeal to my eye. Dont get me wrong, I like the Stretch, but prefer the blade of the Endura. Functonally, I gotta admit the Stretch handle is nicer, but I still vote for Endura.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

You can't go wrong either way. I prefer a structured handle, and a 50'50 choil, so the Stretch gets my vote. I've carried one version of another over 80% of the time since the original SS/Kraton inlaid version came out a bit less than eight years ago. However, if you have really large hands, the FFG version of the Endura 4 may better serve your needs.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Stretch is my recommendation.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Wdr65

Post by Wdr65 »

I voted for the Endura. I admit that I am biased towards the Endura as it was the knife that got me into Spydercos. I do own a Stretch though and while I like its handle ergonomics the Endura works better for EDC for me. Its slimmer shape feels better in my pocket and the longer handle allows me several different grip options if I need them.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I voted Stretch because for me the ergonomics are lightyears better than the Endura, and it has a 50/50 coil.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

Both great, stretch better :D
angusW

Post by angusW »

The Endura is a really nice knife. I had the G-10 version in my pocket for over a year for working around the house and in my shop but for edc the Stretch's blade is very well designed especially if you're making intricate cuts.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

For the first while, the blade of the Stretch looks funny.

Then one day you look at it and no longer looks funny.

The Stretch is quickly becoming a favorite.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I had a ps stretch and Sold it. I'm a Endura Fan I own 3 I hope to own 30 more :D
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
iyn

Post by iyn »

I have both knives. The stretch looks "strange" in terms of the endura, but it feels good in hand and opens fast and smooth. I carry the stretch more than the endura.
TBob

Post by TBob »

I have both and like them both. The Endura 4 was my EDC for well over a year. That ended the day I got my Stretch. Although both are great blades, the Stretch ergos are so much better and feels so natural in my hand.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

it looks like the comments here are about what i expected. im a choil fan so i think im leaning toward the stretch. also if a spydie i get is a little different than the ones i already have, it helps me mentally justify! :)

thanks for the comments guys, keep em commin
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
00max00

Post by 00max00 »

The stretch is the better knife, and the price reflects that as well.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Another vote for the Stretch, and I'm not even a big choil fan. Love the handle ergos of the Stretch and the blade shape is very practical.
MisterJeff

Post by MisterJeff »

If it were me, I'd say I've already had an Endura, I'd like to try something a little different. Plus, I love the choil on that Stretch.
Sage 1 Manix2 XL, Endura4, Pacific Salt, Tenacious, Dragonfly2 Salt, Ladybug