Where do you buy spyderco knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
panch0

Where do you buy spyderco knives?

Post by panch0 »

Where and why? Just wondering...

Online Dealer?

Local Shops?

Ebay?

Best Price?
:spyder: Para2 :spyder: LadyBug Hawkbill Salt :spyder: Balance :spyder:
maa14

Post by maa14 »

Online dealers, some of my favorites are, Cutlery Shoppe and Howes Knife Shop! I don't have any local shops and I have only bought 2 knives on eBay. Usually CS has the best prices but it just depends on where you go
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Never was lucky enough to have a local dealer with a decent selection of models. When I was building my collection, about 80% of the older models came from eBay. The rest came mostly from BladeForums, KnifeForums, and a few fellow collectors. A handful came from internet dealers with old stock. Models which were/are in production at the time I acquire them have come almost exclusively from internet dealers, and primarily from New Graham Knives. In fact, I have a Sprint Run Damascus Caly 3 on the way from them right now.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
APS

Post by APS »

Got my first in 1990/1 from a catalog dealer called Cutlery Shoppe whom I purchased from until I started ordering online 12 years ago or so. Most of the rest have been purchased online from dealers already mentioned. Only within the last month or so have I been made aware of an awesome local brick and mortar, The Classic Edge, with close-to-internet prices and a good selection to handle in the store.
Monday I bought a lightweight Manix from him and mentioned I'd like to try a Caly3.5. He got it from his distrib and I picked it up today. He's got an FFG black delica on the way for me in his next order. Gosh I would be totally broke and living in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER if Bob was around a decade ago.
Sharpmaker Mike

Post by Sharpmaker Mike »

cheaperthandirt.com is a good one, too. I buy a lot of gun stuff there, but the price on my Native was lower than anywhere I had seen. Great customer service, too.

Another good one is knifehog.com Low prices there, too.
GSO

Post by GSO »

So far, the bulk of my collection is from the BladeForums Knife Exchange. Second is Ebay.
There's a good feeling giving users a second home.
46Alpha

Post by 46Alpha »

I'd love a local shop to support, sadly I don't know of one in my area. Howes and CS are outstanding for new stuff. Ebay and BF for used and no longer available stuff.
nullity

Post by nullity »

I've used Amazon for all my Spyderco purchases.
BonnieDoon

Post by BonnieDoon »

I am fortunate to live near Warriors and Wonders. I do all my purchases through them, as I can go right in and handle any knife I want before I buy it.
Viva La :spyder:

My :spyder: knives:
Endura 4 PE
Endure 4 SE
Foliage Green Delica 4 CE
Purple Endura 4 FFG
White Delica 4 CE
Aqua Salt SE
Dragonfly Salt PE
BonnieDoon

Post by BonnieDoon »

BonnieDoon wrote:I am fortunate to live near Warriors and Wonders. I do all my purchases through them, as I can go right in and handle any knife I want before I buy it.
To add to that I believe they have the best and broadest selection of Spyderco knives in Canada, and I cannot find anyone else that competes with their prices and their sales.
Viva La :spyder:

My :spyder: knives:
Endura 4 PE
Endure 4 SE
Foliage Green Delica 4 CE
Purple Endura 4 FFG
White Delica 4 CE
Aqua Salt SE
Dragonfly Salt PE
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

I started buying Spydies at Gun Shows (mostly in Tulsa) back in the mid '90's. I got all my knives that way, untill just the last year or two ago. I have had good luck buying new and used knives on the Bay, as well as from a couple of the afore mentioned internet dealers.
Dan.

"Those who beat there swords into plows, will do the plowing for those of us who don't". (Tommas Jefferson)
"I would rather wake up in the middle of no where than in any city on earth" (Steve McQueen)

"There are just two things money cannot buy. One is True Love, and the other is Home Grown Tomatoes"
HighDesertSpyder

Post by HighDesertSpyder »

I live in Spyderco Country and there is NOT a dealer anywhere near me that has a remotely decent selection. I would have to drive to Denver (4 Hours East on a good day) to see the folks at SFO. So, instead of doing business in Colorado, I send my money to Idaho and Michigan (Jeff at CS and Jim at Howes).
We are talking about the heart of recreation country here and hardly a single Spyderco except at a local mall. We are talking Cabellas, Sportsmans Warehouse, REI, Sports Authority, and numerous local well known stores.
Spyderco, please contact me regarding the need for a Dealer Rep on the western slope... seriously!
:spyder:74:spyder:
superspyder

Post by superspyder »

The best thing to do is shop around, there is no one place that I have found that is always cheapest on every knife model. Ebay and Amazon are good places to start, but some of the smaller online knife shops such as Howe's are where you will most likely find the best service. I wish there were store fronts that offered Spyderco at good prices for the sake of instant gratification (I hate waiting for mail), but I have yet to find one.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Ebay for my Military. Paid $116 shipped NIB
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Howes Knife Shop.

Found my older Spyderco knives ob BladeForums and eBay.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

I would say that Blade Forums, Cutlery Shoppe and Howes Knife Shop are my three favorite places to get my knives. I have gotten some really good deals at all three of these!
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Online stores are the best. all my local stores that sell knives only carry 1 or 2 models (Enuduras and Delicas mostly). Bass Pro doesn't carry Spyderco any more, I asked a worker there why and he said that Spyderco just doesn't sell there. WHAT!?
My Cabelas store only carries ss Dragonflys, and black FRN Dragonflys. They both carry a ton of models from all the other brands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Bass Pro probably asks full msrp. I wouldn't pay that either.
copper

Post by copper »

CS, KW & knifecenter, cause they ship internationally :p
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

Cutleryshoppe, Howes, Knifeworks and New Graham