A question for Sal and those who know...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

A question for Sal and those who know...

Post by tikkidaddy »

I have two Spyderco Civilians, w/ what appear to be annodized aluminum handles w/ krayton inlays for grip enhancement.

Were these the first produced? I got them at an antique store in TN, after the current models came out...
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.
rycen

Post by rycen »

I believe the coated versions came out in 96-97.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

If you want detailed information for Civilians, check the following: http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C12_Civilian
:)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

It is off topic, but I'm intrigued - what kind of antique store was it? I wouldn't think that products with obvious modern materials (kraton, aluminum etc...) could be considered 'antique'.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

Mr Blonde wrote:It is off topic, but I'm intrigued - what kind of antique store was it? I wouldn't think that products with obvious modern materials (kraton, aluminum etc...) could be considered 'antique'.
Agreed, Im having trouble imagininng two c12's selling in the same environments as old typewriters and rockingchairs and all that random old crap; i go searching for shave gear in them occasionally. Its getting really rare to find a deal on anything... internet is the way to go on just about anything.
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

Post by tikkidaddy »

Well..they're real Spydercos...I checked that out w/ the collector verification "office" at SMKW.

I dont remember the name of the "antique" store.

They had a seperate knife section for estate collection knives, alot of old CASE products. I do remember sending my son back to SMKW w/ the new model Trailmaster I had bought that day so I could have extra cash for the Civies! I looked at the above links...both my knives are there. First ones made!!

Keepers!
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.