CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Oooops, <Double Post>
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Cheddarnut, ManixFan,

I have my orders from the US shipped to a depot in Washington state 2 mins from the border. They charge me $3.00 for each package I pickup no matter the size. Sorry, should have mentioned that. Luckily for me I live close enough to the border that this is a viable option for me. I picked up my Kahr delica there today, and a few weeks back my Elmax PM2. With decent border lines the round trip can take less than an hour.

Edit: Sometimes I take the wife and kids and we make a day of it, go to Seattle or something. I'm always sure to fill up the tank before heading home so I get those nice US gas prices :D
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Cheddarnut, ManixFan,

I have my orders from the US shipped to a depot in Washington state 2 mins from the border. I'm always sure to fill up the tank before heading home so I get those nice US gas prices :D
Must be nice! Very, very nice! :rolleyes: :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I got my order through at 8:05 AM, but since it was for a M2-XL, I can't exactly claim I'm among the first, since they've been out since about November. But since there were only 50 of them, the thrill of getting another chance to be in the hunt for one was probably more keen than with the CF Yo2.

This excitement with sprints and exclusives was probably what got me addicted to Spydies. I was late getting my first, the dark green PM2 but found a CC and paid ~ $50 extra for it. Then the Forum Native and K-390 mule came along and I was in bed with the flu and about 103 or 104 degrees F fever and could barely move, but I dragged myself up enough to log in and buy them the minute SFO started taking orders :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Donut

Post by Donut »

DougC-3 wrote: Edit: You beat me to the punch, Donut, by not mincing words :D
You went into much better detail. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Cheddarnut, ManixFan,

I have my orders from the US shipped to a depot in Washington state 2 mins from the border. They charge me $3.00 for each package I pickup no matter the size. Sorry, should have mentioned that. Luckily for me I live close enough to the border that this is a viable option for me. I picked up my Kahr delica there today, and a few weeks back my Elmax PM2. With decent border lines the round trip can take less than an hour.

Edit: Sometimes I take the wife and kids and we make a day of it, go to Seattle or something. I'm always sure to fill up the tank before heading home so I get those nice US gas prices :D
Ah, gotcha :)
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mine, M2-XL that is, shipped today and went from Columbia, LA, to Shreveport, LA, to arrive here Friday :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

DougC-3 wrote:Mine, M2-XL that is, shipped today and went from Columbia, LA, to Shreveport, LA, to arrive here Friday :D
Awesome! Your gonna love it. Had mine out today. Fantastic Spydie.
shadowram

Post by shadowram »

First off, thanks to all for the knowledge provided on this forum. Also the enthusiasm for this run of knives is catching. I called back today to check on a couple of things. The Yojimbo 2 will ship in August, and the charge to the CC is only temporary and should "fall off" in a couple of days, as stated in previous posts.The card won't be charged until the knife is actually shipped and notification with tracking number will be made through email.

I've gone from thinking that Spydercos where down right ugly, to per-ordering a carbon fiber, super steel, exclusive edition niche knife,whew! :D :spyder:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shadowram wrote:First off, thanks to all for the knowledge provided on this forum. Also the enthusiasm for this run of knives is catching. I called back today to check on a couple of things. The Yojimbo 2 will ship in August, and the charge to the CC is only temporary and should "fall off" in a couple of days, as stated in previous posts.The card won't be charged until the knife is actually shipped and notification with tracking number will be made through email.

I've gone from thinking that Spydercos where down right ugly, to per-ordering a carbon fiber, super steel, exclusive edition niche knife,whew! :D :spyder:
Nice. Yeah, Spyderco knives are not only beautiful, but an American Icon imo. You see that round hole, and you know........
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Welcome to the forum Shadowram and congrats on your first purchase. If you are bored I suggest you have a look at this thread :D

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -gray-G-10
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
shadowram

Post by shadowram »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Welcome to the forum Shadowram and congrats on your first purchase. If you are bored I suggest you have a look at this thread :D

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -gray-G-10
Thanks for the welcome, but I'm on to your little game. You offer welcome on one hand and send me to a link that you know will start a downward spiral into bankruptcy on the other. While you go out and get yourself a second job. Very interesting. :D

What are your feelings on the Kahr Delica? Mine comes tomorrow.

Thanks to you too MacLaren, icon sums it up pretty well.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

shadowram wrote:Thanks for the welcome, but I'm on to your little game. You offer welcome on one hand and send me to a link that you know will start a downward spiral into bankruptcy on the other. While you go out and get yourself a second job. Very interesting. :D

What are your feelings on the Kahr Delica? Mine comes tomorrow.

Thanks to you too MacLaren, icon sums it up pretty well.
What can I say, we're a bunch of enablers :)

I really like my Kahr Delica, I love the attention to detail on it. I grinded an endura down in an attempt to recreate my own "Jandura" and it worked ok, but it isn't very pretty. The work was done for me on the Kahr which I prefer. Unfortunately I am not the biggest FRN fan. I'm totally aware how awesome it is and how beneficial it can be but the knife is so light. Usually that's a good thing but I like a little more heft.

2014 is turning out to be the year of the paramilitary 2 for me and nothing seems to be able to kick it from my pocket. The Manix 2 Cruwear might, we will see.

@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've got most of my bases covered with this purchase. I'm even gonna pass on the Cruwear Manix 2. The last thing on my list, unless there are surprises in the works, is the Kiwi 4.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I recieved my Manix xl cf s90v today. Wow, I couldn't be happier.

Can't wait to get my Yojimbo2 cf s90v.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Gunslinger wrote:I recieved my Manix xl cf s90v today. Wow, I couldn't be happier.

Can't wait to get my Yojimbo2 cf s90v.
It is a "purty" knife isn't it? I'm surprised that the original listing by KW didn't sell out quicker than it did.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

ManixFan wrote:It is a "purty" knife isn't it? I'm surprised that the original listing by KW didn't sell out quicker than it did.
I know, right. I'm just glad I snagged one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I have to say that I'm pretty shocked that the Yo2 is still available.

@liquid_cobra
Ned

Post by Ned »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I have to say that I'm pretty shocked that the Yo2 is still available.
Me too, I think that the combination of being a sort of niche knife and the 230.00 price tag has slowed sales. If this offering was at 180.00 or so perhaps they would all be sold. We would be seeing them on E-bay for 230.00 or more.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

At $180.00 I would have got one by now but at $230.00 I am on the fence.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?