CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

Re: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Post by MacLaren »

tvenuto wrote:
MacLaren wrote:S110V, that's one I'd like to see more of.
At this point the convo derailed a bit and we've started musing over which steel we'd like to see in a manix LW exclusive, were KW to do such an exclusive. Since that's the current steel, people were suggesting others.
Lol, yeah......I owned one....what I meant was more S110V in other knives. We were derailed anyways right?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Guys, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the yo2. The new price is really getting to me...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Do it! It's my favourite knife by far. One day they'll be gone and you'll wish you did.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Do it! It's my favourite knife by far. One day they'll be gone and you'll wish you did.
Man, I know.......you speak the truth.
Boar-gen

Post by Boar-gen »

I have three S90V Yojimbo 2 and one in S30V- and waiting for the 4th S90V Yojimbo 2 to arrive! This knife is so good, that you can never have too many of it!

Boar-gen
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Aaaaaaaaaand....the CF S90V Yojimbo 2 is now sold out.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Aaaaaaaaaand....the CF S90V Yojimbo 2 is now sold out.
Doh!
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

An old thread coming back from the semi-dead...glad i got my s90v yo2! Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttter! Kind of surprised they took this long to sell out..
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
timlara

Post by timlara »

Definitely super surprised they took so long to sell out. Especially after KW reduced the price to within ~$60 or so of the standard Yo2.

One of the best sprint/exclusives of all time IMO.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm completely shocked they took this long to sell out. The morning they were released I was in a panic to put my order in. I'm even a little let down, I fully planned on picking up another one for my son but missed out. Oh well. I hope this doesn't shy them away from future exclusives.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Awesome, i can finally flip mine for double!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I wonder if they would have sold out quickly if they had initially been offered at $199. It seems to me that there is a lot of buildup around the release of these exclusives but if the price seems a bit high then the enthusiasm dies. So even once the price gets lowered the initial buzz has come and gone. Choosing the right entry point for initial pricing seems to be very important when it comes to these exclusives. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not in charge of that and I'm definitely not making any judgements about how retailers should price their offerings. I just have a curious mind when it comes to economics. It is an extremely interesting field of study.

I could imagine a scenario where this same knife had been offered very cheap, (say $159 just for the sake of this example) and sold out in a number of hours. If that had happened, it would not surprise me to see them selling regularly on the exchange for $250. Yup...interesting stuff economics.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Surfingringo wrote:I could imagine a scenario where this same knife had been offered very cheap, (say $159 just for the sake of this example) and sold out in a number of hours. If that had happened, it would not surprise me to see them selling regularly on the exchange for $250. Yup...interesting stuff economics.
I think you are absolutely correct on this. I mean, how could that not be the case given what we've seen in the past? Although, the size of the run is definitely a factor as well and I think recently we've seen mostly 1200 piece runs instead of 600 or 800. With a run of 1200 there are going to be a lot of them available even on the secondary market and that will lower the price. It does seem the orange PM2s go for more than the green ones for this reason, and the brown ones (where there appear to have been multiple runs) go for even less.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

I have been looking at getting one for a couple of months now and feel a little bit of regret for not pulling the trigger. Assumed I would have time, and while I like it the compression lock is not my favorite. It seems like it is borderline stuck when I go to unlock it. Suppose that is intentional and a good thing but just doesn't seem as smooth as the liner locks of my Millies.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm sure that entire thought is also why they haven't been seen for stupid pieces on the secondary market yet. Could be proof that a slight price hike can fend off flippers, at least until they sell out and people have no other option.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Case in point: one just went up on the bay for $340 buy it now. 70% mark-up!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

tvenuto wrote:Case in point: one just went up on the bay for $340 buy it now. 70% mark-up!
Eh, patience is a virtue. I'm gonna hold out for about 5 years and see if I can score $800 like that S90V Para 2 got...or was it $900? ;)
animportant

Post by animportant »

Someone I follow on Instagram was selling a new CF S90v Manix XL for about $175. I passed, stupid. Will regret it down the road even more than I do now.
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

Let's revive this theme with photos of this lovely knife :D