CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

MacLaren wrote:I didn't realize the Manix 2XL CF S90v has been out since at least '09. My bad fellas, I think what I saw was a standard Manix 2.
It was released in November of 2013.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C95_Manix
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

MacLaren wrote:I didn't realize the Manix 2XL CF S90v has been out since at least '09. My bad fellas, I think what I saw was a standard Manix 2.
The thread that first announced the manix xl s90v (that's this thread that you just posted this in) was started in July of 2012 so you might want to run those numbers again. ;)
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Your ship is sailing in the wrong direction :)

The CF/S90V Manix 2XL was first released November 2013 with 400 sent to KW's and the remaining 400 sent to them a month or so later and they sold all 800 of them by the end of February 2014.

The 50 CF/S90V Manix 2XL's that KW's just sold were ones that Spyderco kept for their employees...but Spyderco decided that they didn't want them so they sent them to KW's...
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Your ship is sailing in the wrong direction :)

The CF/S90V Manix 2XL was first released November 2013 with 400 sent to KW's and the remaining 400 sent to them a month or so later and they sold all 800 of them by the end of February 2014.

The 50 CF/S90V Manix 2XL's that KW's just sold were ones that Spyderco kept for their employees...but Spyderco decided that they didn't want them so they sent them to KW's...
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

sir_mike wrote:I didnt knowmthat either. Didnt they just get 50 more in to complete their order a short time ago? I am confused! How many total were produced?
See above..850 total made..
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Philo Beddoe wrote:See above..850 total made..
So do they ha e an option for 400 more like some other sprints?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

sir_mike wrote:So do they have an option for 400 more like some other exclusives?
I fixed your question for you and to answer, YES I suppose they could order another batch should they so choose.

Sprints are dreamt up in the Golden think tank and the size of the run is what Sal decides it is.

Exclusives are the product of a dealer coming up with the concept and funding it so that Spyderco can produce the configuration. This dealer could in theory continue to order and order.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Makes me wonder though since it was said that the Yo2 is 800 "with an option for another 400". To me that sounds limited. It has to be at some point or there would be companies who just leech of Spyderco constantly with one exclusive after another. You could practically start an exclusive knife company like that.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Surfingringo wrote:The thread that first announced the manix xl s90v (that's this thread that you just posted this in) was started in July of 2012 so you might want to run those numbers again. ;)
Well, I did. That's what I meant by the original Manix 2.
Wasn't there a regular Manix 2 (non XL) S90v that came out in '09?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Your ship is sailing in the wrong direction :)

Again, in my post I corrected myself.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

MacLaren wrote:Well, I did. That's what I meant by the original Manix 2.
Yes, there was a 2009 sprint run S90V Manix 2 with 400 made, according to Spydiewiki. They're pretty rare on the markets these days and command a high price. Country Knives still have them listed in stock for $400, which is actually a pretty decent price for it compared to the bay, don't know what they go for on the exchange these days. Here's one, third Manix in from left (old pic, these things multiply like wet Gremlins in my hands!). Hope that help, Radioactive :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Yes, there was a 2009 sprint run S90V Manix 2 with 400 made, according to Spydiewiki. They're pretty rare on the markets these days and command a high price. Country Knives still have them listed in stock for $400, which is actually a pretty decent price for it compared to the bay, don't know what they go for on the exchange these days. Here's one, third Manix in from left (old pic, these things multiply like wet Gremlins in my hands!). Hope that help, Radioactive :)

Bingo. Good man. And, that pic is mighty impressive! :)
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Gotcha. Thought you were talking about the xl model which didn't come out until last year. And to be perfectly honest, I wasn't even aware of the regular s90v manix 2 sprint until I read this. Everybody learned something today!! Yay! :D
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

MacLaren wrote:Bingo. Good man. And, that pic is mighty impressive! :)
Thanks, they are certainly beautiful specimens in both size offerings! Have a great day everyone! Cheers, Radioactive :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I believe the Manix2 XL S90V was actually envisioned beginning about 3 years ago, and it took a long time to come to fruition. It seems like they were on the KW website for a year before they actually took orders for them.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Surfingringo wrote:Gotcha. Thought you were talking about the xl model which didn't come out until last year. And to be perfectly honest, I wasn't even aware of the regular s90v manix 2 sprint until I read this. Everybody learned something today!! Yay! :D
No worries! Big bubbles, no troubles :)
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

xceptnl wrote:I fixed your question for you and to answer, YES I suppose they could order another batch should they so choose.

Sprints are dreamt up in the Golden think tank and the size of the run is what Sal decides it is.

Exclusives are the product of a dealer coming up with the concept and funding it so that Spyderco can produce the configuration. This dealer could in theory continue to order and order.
Hey, thanks for fixing it. :)

The worst part of the option for 400 more is that it will bring the value down if someone buys it for a collection piece. Kinda what happen to the pm2 204p. This could stop someone from buying one.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The S90V Manix 2 is one I regret missing out on, which is part of what drives me to buy 2 this time around and probably on every future sprint if I'm able.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

sir_mike wrote:Hey, thanks for fixing it. :)

The worst part of the option for 400 more is that it will bring the value down if someone buys it for a collection piece. Kinda what happen to the pm2 204p. This could stop someone from buying one.
Roger has disclosed the +400 possibility right up front on the page. Anyone who buys this knife for profit and doesn't take that into consideration needs a white cane and a dog... ;)
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

JNewell wrote:Roger has disclosed the +400 possibility right up front on the page. Anyone who buys this knife for profit and doesn't take that into consideration needs a white cane and a dog... ;)
Would I be able to type this if I were blind! Lol I am not a collector nor do I have a bunch of money to buy knives and wait for the value to go and the sell them! Just thinking out loud. :)