CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

It's the price tag for me. Sorry but s90v/CF doesn't warrant over 100 extra from the standard price. Great knife but as people say it's a niche product. Great looks but I have to pass

I also say that if it was 180 or under it would have sold out
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I have to agree fellas- even though I have one ordered, Im kinda having second thoughts. I really thought it would come in at $180 max $200
But, then again, its a peel ply S90v yo2. I would think a man could move it if he needed too....
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I have no doubt that sometime in the not too distant future the people will speak with wonder about the time a carbon fiber S90V Yojimbo 2 was made available. The young will roll they're eyes with amusement as those that were there to see it speak about the fair price and ease at which they were able to order them.

These are great times we are living in gents! Haha
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

That's what I needed to hear. :)
Invective

Post by Invective »

Well I've been on vacation for the past week or so but managed to get an order in for one Yo2 when they were put up last Tuesday, and emailed KW Thursday to see if they could modify my order to be 2 and I received an email from Roger the next morning that my request was noted! Very excellent customer service and one of the reasons I love ordering from them so much. Can't wait to receive them, I've been carrying my Yo2 recently and forgot how amazing a knife it is. Once you get used to opening it so the comp lock doesn't pinch your fingers it is a real thing of beauty and utility.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I have no doubt that sometime in the not too distant future the people will speak with wonder about the time a carbon fiber S90V Yojimbo 2 was made available. The young will roll they're eyes with amusement as those that were there to see it speak about the fair price and ease at which they were able to order them.

These are great times we are living in gents! Haha
I'm bookmarking this post, because that's the truth right there. The same is said pretty much any time the S90V Para 2 is mentioned, though I doubt the Yo 2 will ever have that kind of a demand since the model isn't as popular.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

The carbon fiber doesn't add any real value to me besides being flashy and driving up the price, but that's Knifeworks' thing.

As far as I know, the Dark Green Para was the fastest sellout ever (other than the mules and Forum Knives) and that was like 8 days. I have the product page as my home page so I can see when it sells out. It should be interesting.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Evil D wrote:I'm bookmarking this post, because that's the truth right there. The same is said pretty much any time the S90V Para 2 is mentioned, though I doubt the Yo 2 will ever have that kind of a demand since the model isn't as popular.
+1 on this, for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see one go for $400 in the not so distant future.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

tvenuto wrote:+1 on this, for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see one go for $400 in the not so distant future.
Not if KW's opts too have the additional 400 made they want..at least not any time soon.

If 1200 of these get made then that will definitely have a affect on prices.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Been waiting for this cf YO 2 a while, and of course it "drops" before I get my first paycheck of fire season. Got my fingers crossed on this one for sure!
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Not if KW's opts too have the additional 400 made they want..at least not any time soon.

If 1200 of these get made then that will definitely have a affect on prices.
A year ago or so I would have been skeptical about this because I would have assumed that demand was strong enough to keep the price up. However, if you look at what the second group of 204P Para2 exclusives did to prices of this knife, and especially if you consider that the Para2 is a much hotter knife than the Yo2, it seems that you're very likely right.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

JNewell wrote:A year ago or so I would have been skeptical about this because I would have assumed that demand was strong enough to keep the price up. However, if you look at what the second group of 204P Para2 exclusives did to prices of this knife, and especially if you consider that the Para2 is a much hotter knife than the Yo2, it seems that you're very likely right.
Hmm...I still see the 204P going for upwards of $300.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Hmm...I still see the 204P going for upwards of $300.
I've seen them sold on eBay in the past six months for around $200, but even $300 is a lot lower than they were selling for before the second tranche was released.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Any yo2 it seems anyways, is gone w/in 5 minutes or less of posting.....They are hot.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Donut wrote:As far as I know, the Dark Green Para was the fastest sellout ever (other than the mules and Forum Knives) and that was like 8 days.
There is demand for the Para2 unlike any other knife. It was a long time ago that the green Para2 went for preorder. Put a similar one up for preorder today and it would sell out just as fast as the website could process the orders- not 8 days, probably not even 8 hours. There is less demand for the Manix 2 XL and the Yo, and pricing for these models is relatively hgih, which is why it took some time for the Manix 2 XL to sell out.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

Well, you are talking about big price differences too so I am sure these will go slower than the PM2 cts204p did. :)

Yo2 at $229,
manix 2 xl at $219,
green PM2 cts204p at $149.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

First batch of dark green para2 from KW was offered for $139
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
MCM

Post by MCM »

2013 / 2014 & the 2nd batch had " Free" shipping. :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ah who cares anyway. Am I the only one who didn't buy these for investment? When I get mine I'm gonna pick the one with the nicest overall F&F and set it aside for future use, then ship the other off for a regrind before it ever gets used. Then I'm gonna swap my G10 scales on it and grind down the tang to match the handle. Warranties and resale value are for the birds :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

David, you are the epitome of a user and I salute you.
Evil D wrote:Ah who cares anyway. Am I the only one who didn't buy these for investment? When I get mine I'm gonna pick the one with the nicest overall F&F and set it aside for future use, then ship the other off for a regrind before it ever gets used. Then I'm gonna swap my G10 scales on it and grind down the tang to match the handle. Warranties and resale value are for the birds :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*