CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Post by Evil D »

Man I tell ya what, I'm getting really sick of dealing with banks. Why do I pay people to handle my money if they can't get it right? My order was processed on the 12th but was declined because there's some kind of block on this bank's debit card in their state because of "fraudulent activity". This was the same BS I went through the morning the preorder went live. I called and talked to the bank and they said they can lift the hold for an hour to allow me to get the order in, but it still got declined. I had to go through Paypal to finally get my order confirmed. Thank goodness they didn't sell out or I'd be SOL. In the future I'm gonna order something small from any company I haven't ordered from BEFORE a preorder goes live just to avoid this headache if for some reason I can't order from them. I would be absolutely livid if I missed out on these because of this.

Anyway, she said it would ship out today.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I talked to Knifeworks this morning. They prepared all the shipping labels on Friday so that when the shipment came in from Spyderco they could just drop the knives in the packaging and have everything out the door today. Otherwise they would have been doing all of it today and we would have to wait longer. Pretty awesome of them. This is going to be a long week.

I'm glad it all worked out Evil D. You've waited so long and wanted one so bad, if you had missed out I'm sure I or someone here would have helped you out :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

They're finally shipping them today! I got my tracking#.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Just got an email, status is now "shipped", allow 24 hours for tracking to take effect. Being Tuesday, I would hope to get them by Saturday.
Invective

Post by Invective »

Tracking Status has been upgraded from "Info Not Available" to "Picked up By Request"! Can't wait to get these guys in a few days!
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Will be Thursday for me............YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW :D :D
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Yep, just checked, tracking shows a Thursday delivery! Yippee
JohnAPA

Post by JohnAPA »

No black clip, I am devastated...................... :(
hickster

Post by hickster »

Well, well, the first S90V specimen that is NOT full flat ground!
Interesting. Can't wait to get mine. :)
hickster
Ned

Post by Ned »

I probably won't see mine until Friday...Oh well I've waited this long....
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

It will be Thursday or Friday for me. The tracking still shows delivery estimated to be yesterday...?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

hickster wrote:Well, well, the first S90V specimen that is NOT full flat ground!
Interesting. Can't wait to get mine. :)
hickster

Yet ;)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Got my shipped notice as well, most of you will get yours a day or two before me though, almost always 5 days usps priority to AK :(

This will be my first YO2 and am very excited, do you guys think the FFG blade is better (on this model) or is it better with the saber grind. Personally I prefer the flat grind but I am intrigued by the saber grind.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Actually it's not a saber grind, its a high hollow grind and it is awesome!!! I love it..
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

JohnAPA wrote:No black clip, I am devastated...................... :(
Order a black Para-Military 2 clip to swap.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Evil D wrote:Man I tell ya what, I'm getting really sick of dealing with banks. Why do I pay people to handle my money if they can't get it right? My order was processed on the 12th but was declined because there's some kind of block on this bank's debit card in their state because of "fraudulent activity". This was the same BS I went through the morning the preorder went live. I called and talked to the bank and they said they can lift the hold for an hour to allow me to get the order in, but it still got declined. I had to go through Paypal to finally get my order confirmed. Thank goodness they didn't sell out or I'd be SOL. In the future I'm gonna order something small from any company I haven't ordered from BEFORE a preorder goes live just to avoid this headache if for some reason I can't order from them. I would be absolutely livid if I missed out on these because of this.

My bank is headquartered in Kentucky and uses a 3-letter acronym with a P in it... I'm just curious if it's the same bank you use. I've never had any knife purchases refused when using it, and I'm pretty sure I used it when I bought my M2-XL CF from Kniveworks, because they said (and strangely still say) that they don't use PayPal :confused:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DougC-3 wrote:
Evil D wrote:Man I tell ya what, I'm getting really sick of dealing with banks. Why do I pay people to handle my money if they can't get it right? My order was processed on the 12th but was declined because there's some kind of block on this bank's debit card in their state because of "fraudulent activity". This was the same BS I went through the morning the preorder went live. I called and talked to the bank and they said they can lift the hold for an hour to allow me to get the order in, but it still got declined. I had to go through Paypal to finally get my order confirmed. Thank goodness they didn't sell out or I'd be SOL. In the future I'm gonna order something small from any company I haven't ordered from BEFORE a preorder goes live just to avoid this headache if for some reason I can't order from them. I would be absolutely livid if I missed out on these because of this.

My bank is headquartered in Kentucky and uses a 3-letter acronym with a P in it... I'm just curious if it's the same bank you use. I've never had any knife purchases refused when using it, and I'm pretty sure I used it when I bought my M2-XL CF from Kniveworks, because they said (and strangely still say) that they don't use PayPal :confused:
Nope, different bank, this one is much much smaller than that one. I'm not sure if their standard policy is to use Paypal anymore, or if they just made an exception for me since I was spending a decent amount of money and had struggled so much getting the order through.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Evil D wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:
Nope, different bank, this one is much much smaller than that one. I'm not sure if their standard policy is to use Paypal anymore, or if they just made an exception for me since I was spending a decent amount of money and had struggled so much getting the order through.
Thanks, I just wanted to know because I'd be totally bummed out if I missed out on a knife because of that. Banks seem to be very creative in new ways to screw up sometimes. I notice that KW still has the PayPal logo on their front page. I thought they might be making an exception, or maybe the whole thing (of not allowing PP purchases) was just to try to show PayPal how much they're missing out on by being so picky.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Even though KW doesn't like to accept PayPal, they *do* accept American Express (which CS and KC don't) and I've been very happy that they do.

The only times I can remember having credit card issues for knife purchases is when I pre-ordered a long time prior, and the credit info had expired so I had to make sure they had updated credit card info for the new card.

It might make a difference since yours was a debit card though. I've had issues with debit cards when used with hotels or car rentals, since they place a large dollar amount on "preauthorization" when you first sign out the car or sign into the room, and there is then a hold on that money that can keep your final authorization from going through. But it sounds like your bank particularly had singled out purchases from LA as potential fraud...
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

Ned wrote:Actually it's not a saber grind, its a high hollow grind and it is awesome!!! I love it..
I think I would almost call this a LOW hollow grind. The hollow doesn't go up very far on the blade.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!