Forum Knife Updates

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

Maybe putting user names on blades?
This might also deter people from buying multiples and selling. Who's going to want a knife with my user name on it?
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
Donut

Post by Donut »

Domanfp wrote:Who's going to want a knife with my user name on it?
Depending on the model, I might want one. :P
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

That would be so cool if they had our personal names on it. Pretty sure it'd raise the price though.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
phaust

Post by phaust »

Minibear453 wrote:That would be so cool if they had our personal names on it. Pretty sure it'd raise the price though.
BM does custom etching, text or logo, for $5 a knife, so it can't be that expensive to do.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

If they do that I will buy one, so long as it isn't ridiculously pricey :rolleyes:
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

The collector #s knives aren't any more expensive and spyderco has the processes to do it in house. Just an idea of something they have never done
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

phaust wrote:BM does custom etching, text or logo, for $5 a knife, so it can't be that expensive to do.
I don't think it is that expensive once you have the unit set up or have a contractor willing to do it in large batches. I agree though - having your username etched on a forum knife would be nice.
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

In that case, I'm going to change my forum name to my actual name :D I'd feel a bit silly to have Minibear engraved on my knife. It's my nickname, but I don't think I would want to have that on a knife when I'm older.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Donut wrote:Depending on the model, I might want one. :P
Lol, agreed, I'd gladly take a Donut knife, depending on the model. I'd gladly take most any donut though, dunt care too much about the model there. ;)
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Forum knife with user name on the blade-a breathtaking vision, especially if it were an EDC-friendly gents model.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

D1omedes wrote: I agree though - having your username etched on a forum knife would be nice.
+1
I love the idea of user name on the blade.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

User names on the blade might not even be what their new idea is, but maybe they'll do it now ;)
Slash

Post by Slash »

Glad I picked Slash and not Donut. :p

But, I suspect it will not come into play and it's something even more special and secretive than usernames...let the speculation begin.
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

minibear... on a knife.... I wonder if it's not too late to change username. :P But it's something they've never done before... what if it's a customize your own knife? Like we all have a common model with the same engravings on the blade, but we can choose our own scale colors, mix and match, half and half, and maybe even blade steel, and the type of edge, and the finish on the blade. Pretty sure that's a run on sentence, but it'd be amazing if that happened.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

That idea almost blew my mind...
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

Maybe if I am right I get a prize!!!
-Frank

-Michael Cook
26.2Madness

Post by 26.2Madness »

I hope (pray) for a Para 2 with titanium frame-compression lock and 110v. I do not think this has ever been done before.
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

26.2Madness wrote:I hope (pray) for a Para 2 with titanium frame-compression lock and 110v. I do not think this has ever been done before.
lol, and probably wont be... we are forumites not oil tycoons... think less total re working of a model, more what scale color for the g10...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Forum name on the blade would be pretty cool. But I doubt they were considering that. Maybe some new exotic steel? Or maybe a new handle texturing process similar to the Chaparral 2? We'll see...
:bug-red-white
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Sal & his crew know what they're doing... I hope they suprise us all like never before ;)