Sprint Run in Spyderedge? Your Choice(s)?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Sprint Run in Spyderedge? Your Choice(s)?

Post by JD Spydo »

With all the great Sprint runs we've been blessed with in the past 14 to 18 months have just been overwhelming in a great way. I just recently changed my main EDC to the C-60, G-10 handled Ayoob model and it's truly the EDC of my dreams. But I still feel a terrible void and feel that model also needs to be brought back in Spyderedge. I know I"m not alone on that one because I know of many guys who are fans of the C-60 in Spyderedge that don't normally even like serrated blades.

I know that many of you like the new Para 2 and the newer Military models in the supersteels who have also requested them to be available in Spyderedge.

My 2 most highly wanted Spyders at this time that I want in Spyderedge Sprint runs would be the G-10 handled C-60 and the Catcherman. So which Sprint run Spyders would you all like to see in Spyderedge??
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Para2, plain jane model is fine. Combo edge would be even better.

FFG Delica's would be fantastic.

Good call on this thread, would love to see more SE and CE. Just my personal preference.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Spyderhawk.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am PE guy, but I can be interested in two SE. I would love to see Worker SE almite for my collection and Spyderhawk (either H1 or VG10 will be fine) dark handle for my yard.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Spyderhawk.
Hey Chuck we just had the Spyderhawk in the main lineup in Spyderedge and plain edge both for quite some time in H-1 steel>> are you referring to the older/original model in VG-10 maybe? Or were you wanting a fully serrated Spyderhawk in a new steel or maybe even a new handle materail as well?

I think there are a few dealers that still have full SE H-1 Spyderhawks still in stock. I know that Grande Prarie had a couple still left as recent as 2 weeks ago.
Whichever it is I'm with you brother because a Hawkbill is not at it's full potential unless it's fully serrated IMO. I still griev over the fact that they never offered the Superhawk in full SE>> that one still has me scratching my head in confusion. And I still will not shut up until we get another run of the G-10 Harpy in full SE.
JD Spydo

Are you sure you don't mean SUPERHAWK????

Post by JD Spydo »

bh49 wrote:I am PE guy, but I can be interested in two SE. I would love to see Worker SE almite for my collection and Spyderhawk (either H1 or VG10 will be fine) dark handle for my yard.
Roman you and Chuck have me confused :confused: Are you sure you guys aren't referring to the SUPERHAWK??? Because the H-1 Spyderhawk had been on the main line up for the past 2 years available in both SE & PE and they are still obtainable through at least 2 to 3 dealers I'm aware of.

I'm thinking both of you are really talking about the Superhawk>> you know the model I got from you a while back with the CF handle? If that's the case I couldn't agree with you more. I could never figure out why they didn't offer up the Superhawk in full SE :confused:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

ATR or Lil Temp :)
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Hey JD, i understand your love of spydie teeth but wouldn't the catcherman be good in a combo edge like the sprint run that was out recently? i am not a fisherman but i though in a filet knife you would want it to have a portion of the blade to have a plain edge. :confused:
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JD Spydo wrote:Roman you and Chuck have me confused :confused: Are you sure you guys aren't referring to the SUPERHAWK??? Because the H-1 Spyderhawk had been on the main line up for the past 2 years available in both SE & PE and they are still obtainable through at least 2 to 3 dealers I'm aware of.
Joe,
I am talking about Spyderhawk. The one, which was discontinued had yellow handle. I just prefer dark handles for yard work. BTW, I didn't see SE for a while, only PE. Probably will get Tasman salt with black handle.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

Military! :D
JD Spydo

Fully Serrated Catcherman: A food cutting beast

Post by JD Spydo »

tonydahose wrote:Hey JD, i understand your love of spydie teeth but wouldn't the catcherman be good in a combo edge like the sprint run that was out recently? i am not a fisherman but i though in a filet knife you would want it to have a portion of the blade to have a plain edge. :confused:
I have one of the original AUS-8 Catcherman models from the mid 90s that has the fully serrated edge and let me tell you that it is a meat cutting beast beyond belief. and it fillet's fish like a dream especially rough fish like Carp and big catfish. I do indeed love the combo edged Catcherman models and I wouldn't give up any of mine for any reason. It is unbelievable how great of a food processing knife the fully serrated Catcherman is.

Oh by the way there is one other Spyder I would pay very dearly for in a fully serrated edge ( the inner arch part that is) and that being the C-111 Captain model. And the Superhawk as well.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Coulro wrote:Military! :D
One of the most regretful trades I ever made was when I traded my 440V fully Serrated Military model. a full Spyderedged Military model is truly like a crocidile of a knife. If I ever get my hands on anothe fully serrated Spyderco Military I won't ever let it go. I truly do wish they would do one in either S90V or XHP
Holland

Post by Holland »

would love a para2 se sprint
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

JD Spydo wrote:Hey Chuck we just had the Spyderhawk in the main lineup in Spyderedge and plain edge both for quite some time in H-1 steel>> are you referring to the older/original model in VG-10 maybe? Or were you wanting a fully serrated Spyderhawk in a new steel or maybe even a new handle materail as well?

I think there are a few dealers that still have full SE H-1 Spyderhawks still in stock. I know that Grande Prarie had a couple still left as recent as 2 weeks ago.
Whichever it is I'm with you brother because a Hawkbill is not at it's full potential unless it's fully serrated IMO. I still griev over the fact that they never offered the Superhawk in full SE>> that one still has me scratching my head in confusion. And I still will not shut up until we get another run of the G-10 Harpy in full SE.
Yeh, the original in VG-10 would be awesome. :D
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Para 2 or Military in SE would be nice.
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

Manix 2 XL & para 2 would be GREAT ..o
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Paramilitary 2 for me please!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Something fixed blade..
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Paramilitary 2!!!
JD Spydo

Fixed blade possibilities

Post by JD Spydo »

.357 mag wrote:Something fixed blade..
Very interesting there "357" >> because there are many good past Spyderco fixed blades that I've thought would be great Sprint runs. One that keeps coming to my mind would be the original FB05 first Temperance model. I would love to see that one re-introduced with either H-1 steel or one of the supersteels. I think that would be a camper's dream knife in H-1.

I've also thought about the first Perrin model brought back in one of the supersteels. And wouldn't it be nice to see the Ronin come back as a Sprint Run?

I've often wondered just how great those models would have been in Spyderedge>> I know that there were a few of the FB-05 in Spyderedge but finding one of them is like finding an honest politician>>> there ain't that many of them around in other words.

The original, first run Perrin fixed blade model would truly be a mega-beast in Spyderedge.