Sage 2 questions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
troutfisher13111

Sage 2 questions

Post by troutfisher13111 »

I am strongly considering the sage 2 for my next purchase since I really like frame locks. Is the sage 2 considered a hard use folder or more towards mid duty? Also, how low does it sit in the pocket and how is the clip? For some reason I am leery of the wire clip and don't see a aftermarket one available.

Thanks for your time!
ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS »

Just got my Sage 2 today!

I can't comment on the toughness for tasks yet, but I will say it rides low in the pocket.

The clip has little play to it, but my guess is they all do.

It doesnt feel as tough a Delica clip but the clear advantage is the deep carry.

I've only had mine for less than 2hrs buts it's a really nice knife.

I'm sure others will chime in but I say go for it.. Do you own other Sages?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

That depends on how you define those terms. I'd rate it equal in strength to a small Sebenza.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

I have one and love it. It's taken everything I've thrown at it, from boxes, cardboard, to basic opening of packages. I have no question trusting it.

The clip is fine in my opinion and it rides very low in the pocket. I'd say get one!
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

The wire clip is a strong clip , it's actually my favorite pocket clip on any knife I own. As for tasks the sage 2 will handle, it's a cutting tool and it has handled every cutting task I have put to it. Plastic banding at work, cardboard, clamshell packages, food prep, and hundreds of other little things. I've owned the sage 2 for about 2 years and it's always in rotation with the para 2's and PPT. My advice is to give it a shot and I think you will be very happy you did. Good luck with your purchase !
35:spyder:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's pretty confidence inspiring and a Ti RIL is pretty stout by nature.

Not a crowbar but no folder should be. Based on the grind, lock, and overall dimensions it's probably hard use compared to a Delica but not to a Gayle Bradley or Para2.