hey guys tell me what you think about this subject

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CrimsonTideShooter

Post by CrimsonTideShooter »

From the "88" in his user name I am inclined to believe that he is my age, which is 24.

For the sake of our generation, I sincerely hope that you are in fact 14, and not 24.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Nothing I think about this is appropriate for the Spyderco forums.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

MJ handled the initial thread in a respectful, professional manner. The initial thread was awkward and embarrassing enough, but this thread makes it so much worse. :(
:bug-red-white
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I think the bashing should ease a bit but I'm a softy ( ;) ). The age is irrelevant to the subject material. Unfortunately that part is more flammable than lighter fluid next to a fireworks stand.

Sorry you didn't find as much consolation as expected.

Note: "a bit" = total understanding.
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

Bashing? How about representing a consistent image of how the world works. Sweet and kind to children is often a disservice.

OP: If you have a business proposal to make to the Spyderco company, this is not the appropriate place to do it. Would also suggest you whine elsewhere. Do what everyone else has to do: get a job and earn money if you want knives. If you're a child and you find your allowance doesn't cover it, tough. Grow up and face your first economics lesson.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Well I didn't notice an age being given. If you feel so inclined to carbon date and parent him (or her) have a blast.

My point is there are enough issues with the post and logic without going into age. Bringing the backhand-bias isn't necessary, IMHO but I'm only 13 :p .
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

FIFY ;)
Blerv wrote: but I'm only 113 :p .
Ken
玉鋼
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I would start by presenting myself well and communicating politely and respectfully.
stephenhines88 wrote:now this i what spyderco sed when i ask them to pass out fliers for them in the Louisville area :( "Thank you for your offer, but we are already well represented in the Louisville, KY area. To find a Spyderco dealer near you, please visit our web site and click on the "Catalog" drop-down menu, then on the "Dealer Locator" link. It will take you to a screen that allows you to input a specific city and state to find dealers in your area." which i think is a bunch of bull cause the closest place to get spyderco knifes from which i didn't even know it existed was a place called heimerdingers cutlery and that it was almost 2 hrs from us and and the other please SHOOTERS SUPPLY & LAW ENFORCEMENT EQUIPMENT and that on the opposite side of town and that's like 3hrs away and there's no kind of central location but it goes to show that they just dnt care what there customers think so yeah so what are yall's thoughts on the subject and how would y'all go about getting the attention of these self centered people.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Op- my closest spyderco retailer is 2.5 hours away- they sell above MSRP and have all of about 6 different models. next closest retailer is 8-9 hours away , they sell at MSRP too with a larger selection- but its still 8-9 hours away

I HAVE to use the internet and HAVE to buy my knives from 10000 kilometers away
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

Blerv wrote:Well I didn't notice an age being given. If you feel so inclined to carbon date and parent him (or her) have a blast.

My point is there are enough issues with the post and logic without going into age. Bringing the backhand-bias isn't necessary, IMHO but I'm only 13 :p .
Attributing immature behavior to youth is not a bias. Youth isn't like race, gender, or other demographics. I think it's pretty broadly accepted that youth is tightly coupled to growing up. Actually the worst case is that this is a confused adult.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

kbuzbee wrote:FIFY ;)

Ken
That's how old I feel :p . Ovaltine and brandy...yum :)

Spook410 wrote:Attributing immature behavior to youth is not a bias. Youth isn't like race, gender, or other demographics. I think it's pretty broadly accepted that youth is tightly coupled to growing up. Actually the worst case is that this is a confused adult.
Ok point taken. Age still isn't listed and frankly it doesn't matter anyways. The anonymity of the Internet is beautiful for that as it cuts through assumptions.

The op assumed we would clammor to sympathize. It clearly didn't go so well. Age had nothing to do with it and it was the first thing people asked. Just interesting, not trying to call you out. Like 5 people jumped on it.
stephenhines88

Post by stephenhines88 »

actually i was going to put 89 my birth year but it was already taken
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

He finally replies, and with a complete irrelevancy too. :p
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Stephen...

You have a rocky start here, and maybe if you moderate your attitude, perhaps you could fit in here quite comfortably?

Life is too short to be antagonistic to every person that you meet...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

zackerty wrote:Stephen...

You have a rocky start here, and maybe if you moderate your attitude, perhaps you could fit in here quite comfortably?

Life is too short to be antagonistic to every person that you meet...
Great post.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

This thread is a train wreck I can't stop watching
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum. Sorry we weren't able to accomodate you. But you must like Spyderco or you woouldn't be interested in our company or products. As mentioned, our distribution channel is very complex and we must adhere to our system. Your kind understanding and patience is appreciated.

sal
stephenhines88

Post by stephenhines88 »

look i was just trying to help im sorry if i seem different but my asperhergers syndrome just makes it hard u no i will behave for u mr. sal i respect u enough to do that im happy that spyderco has u as a leader
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

sal wrote:Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum. Sorry we weren't able to accomodate you. But you must like Spyderco or you woouldn't be interested in our company or products. As mentioned, our distribution channel is very complex and we must adhere to our system. Your kind understanding and patience is appreciated.

sal

^^ The reason I work overtime to spend more on knives bought only with the knowledge of reviews from others and the understanding that Spyderco simply makes good knives. If other companies were half as friendly I'd be twice as broke. :D
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Blerv wrote:That's how old I feel :p . Ovaltine and brandy...yum :
Yep. You and me, brother. I'm right there with you. (and you, kid! GET OFF MY LAWN! ;) )

Ken
玉鋼