hey guys tell me what you think about this subject

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

kbuzbee wrote:+1. Yeah, like we didn't all think that, eh?

Ken
Hehehe.
Johann

Post by Johann »

cckw wrote:no manufacturer is interested in flyers being randomly handed out in a random city by a random person. It does not matter if the person can spell simple words or not.
Man, just reading the mouse-over text of the OP's original post was enough to make me cringe with fremdschämen and move along.

This is the real world! It doesn't work like that!
dialex

Post by dialex »

Dear Stephen,

I think it's a great thing that you are willing to work so you can get the knife (or knives) you dream of. And the fact that Spyderco declined your offer shouldn't discourage you. I am sure that there are plenty of companies in Louisville who can use your services. You will see that the knife you'll buy with your hard earned money will have a great sentimental value.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I would never have someone market for me that does not know that the plural form of "knife" is "knives" and not "knifes".
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

I think Mike (speaking for Sal) was very dignified in his response to the OP. Despite the OP's claims to the contrary, Spyderco does care a lot about its customers.....and I'm sure its own reputation. Anyone who advertises for Spyderco becomes an embassador for the company. How does Spyderco monitor some guy handing out flyers on a street corner somewhere (assuming he does at all)? I'm sure the people of Louisville, KY have access to the internet and the same great online Spyderco retailers the rest of us do. I live in the People's Republic of Massachusetts so I'm forced to shop online for goodies, but it hasn't hurt my access to the product. I guess everyone wants something for nothing....

On another note: Sal, could I have a FREE Southard Flipper if I tattoo the Spydie emblem on my forehead??? :spyder: :rolleyes:
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Dear OP,

There are many things wrong with the way you have approached things here. Your spelling and attitude being the biggest. I gather from these that you are maybe 14 years old. At that age it can be difficult to get a job and buy the things that you want, especially fairly expensive items like the two knives that you were asking for in your first post. However, it is in working hard and striving for goals that we find the most value and growth as a person. Had the very gracious people at Spyderco taken you up on your "offer", they probably would have required you to work long and hard enough to earn the money that would be required to buy one of the knives that you were asking for. So, perhaps it would be in your best interest as a consumer and as an individual who obviously needs some life experience, to just go out and get a job, any job, that will earn you money. Then you can proudly use that money to buy whatever you like. If that happens to be a Spyderco knife I am sure that they will be more than happy to sell you one, and having actually earned it, you will be even more proud to carry it.

We try to be supportive and open to all people here, and I hope that you will step back, re-read your posts and come to the conclusion that you could have handled things better.

If you come to the conclusion that you handled things fine, and you are getting angry and taking offence to some of the things said in this thread, perhaps it would be best if you take some of the advise given. On the other hand, if you realize that you were acting somewhat like a spoiled 14 year old that can't spell or form proper sentences and want to change our first impressions of you, then please by all means stick around and try to do so.
On the hunt for...
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Sequimite wrote:They were being polite because they could see that you haven't a clue. Drop it.
+1
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

What do I think?

You don't wanna know kid.

Have a good 4th of July.

:)

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Won't jump on the bash wagon, though the thought is tempting :o

IMO the OP would be helped by taming arrogance and informing ignorance. Been there and have done that myself in the past. The experience was very enlightening :o :) Simple respect and consideration can go a long way........
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

What do I think? Well, since you asked, i think you're only trying to "advertise" for them so you can get the free knives you asked for in your original post. I also think if you have some kind of legit business where you could actually advertise for them and do something to increase sales, that your salesmanship skills need some serious improvement along with your grammar and attitude.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David

Post by 1623 »

The polite reply to your previous inquiry was posted by a very well respected member of the knife community and a Spyderco employee. If I were you, I'd be grateful and move on and cease the name calling.

And by the way...

-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
maa14

Post by maa14 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Dear OP,

There are many things wrong with the way you have approached things here. Your spelling and attitude being the biggest. I gather from these that you are maybe 14 years old. At that age it can be difficult to get a job and buy the things that you want, especially fairly expensive items like the two knives that you were asking for in your first post. However, it is in working hard and striving for goals that we find the most value and growth as a person. Had the very gracious people at Spyderco taken you up on your "offer", they probably would have required you to work long and hard enough to earn the money that would be required to buy one of the knives that you were asking for. So, perhaps it would be in your best interest as a consumer and as an individual who obviously needs some life experience, to just go out and get a job, any job, that will earn you money. Then you can proudly use that money to buy whatever you like. If that happens to be a Spyderco knife I am sure that they will be more than happy to sell you one, and having actually earned it, you will be even more proud to carry it.

We try to be supportive and open to all people here, and I hope that you will step back, re-read your posts and come to the conclusion that you could have handled things better.

If you come to the conclusion that you handled things fine, and you are getting angry and taking offence to some of the things said in this thread, perhaps it would be best if you take some of the advise given. On the other hand, if you realize that you were acting somewhat like a spoiled 14 year old that can't spell or form proper sentences and want to change our first impressions of you, then please by all means stick around and try to do so.
Why always 14 year olds??? :D :D
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

maa14 wrote:Why always 14 year olds??? :D :D
Cause most of them act like they know everything. ;)
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

I want free knives too, in exchange for washing Sal's car. I think a fluted Ti native 5 and a sage 4 should cover it.
35:spyder:
DeathBySnooSnoo

maa14 wrote:Why always 14 year olds??? :D :D
Ha, well I remember being a 14 year old, and know that a lot of them are useless d!cks. Not all and I don't mean you at all (although I don't really know you and you could be :p )
On the hunt for...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Ha, well I remember being a 14 year old, and know that a lot of them are useless d!cks. Not all and I don't mean you at all (although I don't really know you and you could be :p )
I don't think I was too bad at 14, but from 16-19, I haven't the faintest idea how anyone tolerated me!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
DeathBySnooSnoo

jabba359 wrote:I don't think I was too bad at 14, but from 16-19, I haven't the faintest idea how anyone tolerated me!
I was bad from 14-17...after that I was still bad, but in less of a I know everything and I want everything I ask for kind of way. lol
On the hunt for...
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

cosmo7809 wrote:Know what I think you should do?

Go to the top of this page, in the upper right hand corner you see "Log out".......Click that.
That.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

lol que?
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Maybe you should ask Frost Cutlery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]