Which KNIFE would you choose for EDC?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Which KNIFE would you choose for EDC?

Post by jackknifeh »

I know, old question and one that has been beat to death. I want to add a requirement to the answer if no one minds. The answer is limited to one knife. No "I carry this one when on isle 6 in Wal Mart but whan I'm on isle 10 I carry a different one. Slight exageration but most of use have different knives we carry depending on the days activities. Not to mention that a lot of us carry two or more as standard EDC items.

Of all the Spyderco knives you have used which one would you put in your pocket AS AN EDC KNIFE knowing that every other knife was going to vanish as soon as you put the knife in your pocket (and remove your finger :) ). I'm asking about the EDC knife, not the one you would also need on your tool belt at the construction site or when fighting forest fires.

There are two ways to make this decision. You can make a list of pros and cons, analyze it or just choose the first one that comes to mind. Only one.

Personally, I'm more curious about the knife that comes to your mind first without much thought put into it.

Jack
PatCatMan

Post by PatCatMan »

Sage 1
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

PatCatMan wrote:Sage 1
Great answer. Quick without much thought, gut reaction.

Nice knife too.

Jack
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Paramilitary 2... it's my Goldie Locks approved, just right.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
mley1

Post by mley1 »

Millie, especially the cf ones. They are very light weight, have a large blade that is flat ground and a good slicer, with ergos that fit my hands exceptionally well. I have one in my pocket most days.
Thanks,

Marty
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

GB, although if Sal would make it, I'd switch to a SB Stretch. (of course you get to change when a NEW one comes out! ;) )
jackknifeh wrote:.... and remove your finger
Do I have too? That sounds painful. I'd prefer to just put the knife in my pocket and leave my fingers attached to my hand, if that's okay? ;)

Ken
玉鋼
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Microtech Combat Troodon
kbuzbee wrote:
jackknifeh wrote:...and remove your finger
Do I have too? That sounds painful. I'd prefer to just put the knife in my pocket and leave my fingers attached to my hand, if that's okay? ;)

Ken
+1
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

kbuzbee wrote:GB, although if Sal would make it, I'd switch to a SB Stretch. (of course you get to change when a NEW one comes out! ;) )

Ken
Yep, new knives are the exception. Who knows, the new one may replace the current EDC only choice. :)

Remove finger. I reread that and laughed. :D I think everyone should know I was referring to the rule about a chess move not being final until you remove your finger (FROM THE CHESS PIECE). :)

Jack
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey jack,
For me, hands down, my black on black para 1.
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Tough question, probably Sage 2.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

That's an easy one Chief.

M390 Mille as the primary EDC blade. Been in my pocket ever since I got it. Been a couple of months now.

Dragonfly Salt.
My secondary blade. Small and versatile. Very sheeple friendly.

Till something else pushes these aside, I will stick with them.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

jackknifeh wrote: I think everyone should know I was referring to the rule about a chess move not being final until you remove your finger (FROM THE CHESS PIECE). :)
I knew, it just struck me as funny ;)

Ken
玉鋼
Infinite Zero

Post by Infinite Zero »

Caly 3.5 g10/vg-10
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The Deacon wrote:Microtech Combat Troodon
Really? Not a Stretch? I was kinda surprised by that one, Paul.... Hmmmm

Ken
玉鋼
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If i were in some kind of **** where i was only allowed to own and carry one knife, it would probably be a Para 2 of some variant, even though i haven't carried mine in months. If legality wasn't an issue it might even be a Military. Lately i haven't put down my Vallotton. The ergos on this knife fit my hand better than any other Spyderco i've picked up. It's one of the only knives i've ever handled that feels good in both a saber grip and a full grip without having the ramp behind the front choil poking into one of your fingers somewhere. It's also one of the first knives i've had that i didn't miss the 50/50 choil on. I really wish this knife could be brought out in a more inexpensive version so the masses could enjoy it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

kbuzbee wrote:Really? Not a Stretch? I was kinda surprised by that one, Paul.... Hmmmm

Ken
Ridiculous questions demand absurd answers. ;) :D Plus, I was playing with my CT at the time. Definitely the ultimate second childhood version of a jack-in-the-box. :p
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Its a tough call between the M390 Millie or blue PM2. The Para wins because is more people friendly.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
jackburton9807

Post by jackburton9807 »

SG Delica 4.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Native 5 but it would be a hard decision. Ergos are great, good for most of the tasks I do and you can carry it most places. I would have a hard time giving up my Lum Tanto.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Probably a Stretch FRN. I haven't held one but would probably be keen on something like a Manix2 Lightweight in a snobby steel.