Spyderco Air Suspense Building! Any Updates?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WalzAaronFFG

Spyderco Air Suspense Building! Any Updates?

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Hey all,

I am really excited for the Bradley Air. I really want to see that twill CF close up, and the blade size and steel are perfect for me.

I feel like i've been waiting for much longer than I had expected.

What's the hold up? Any predictions on when we will see them in stock? I see stock photos on certain websites that generally post them within a few months of their release. That pic has been there for what seems like an eternity at this point.

Anyone hear anything? I have been away from the Spydie forum since I had to (sadly) sell off a large portion of my collection. I tried a search, but found little to nothing about the AIR

Thanks,

Aaron
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

As the Air is one of 2 spydies that I am hoping to get this year, I am very excited for it as well! I wish that there was more news on it...I just hope that the delay isn't them deciding to add a clip...that would just plain old suck.
On the hunt for...
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Its one of a few I want badly too. Come on! :D
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I just hope that the delay isn't them deciding to add a clip...that would just plain old suck.
Agree to disagree. IMO a wire clip would perfect this knife. But then I CAN'T carry a knife in my pocket. I've tried and it just isn't my thing.

But I think you're safe, brother. Your vision, not mine is what we'll get. My guess is they are working on a pouch.

Ken
玉鋼
DeathBySnooSnoo

kbuzbee wrote:Agree to disagree. IMO a wire clip would perfect this knife. But then I CAN'T carry a knife in my pocket. I've tried and it just isn't my thing.

But I think you're safe, brother. Your vision, not mine is what we'll get. My guess is they are working on a pouch.

Ken
Well if they are not adding one now, Sal has said that they are at least looking at it for the future, so we will hopefully both end up happy. :D

I've been a pocket carry guy for a long time, even since I was in Scouts and had my old Barlow. I am ok with a clip on most knives, but this one I think is far better without. Just the style and design of the knife IMO makes it a pocket or pouch rather than clip carry knife.
On the hunt for...
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Hope that you are able to get one soon. :)
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Nederspyder

Post by Nederspyder »

kbuzbee wrote:My guess is they are working on a pouch.

Ken
I hope you're right!!
gdw

Post by gdw »

I too have carried in a pocket for years - before clips but lost a lot of knives that way. They often would fall out of loose front pockets when I sat down or was active. I wish my old Swiss Army had a clip just so I would not have to worry about it falling out. When I wear jeans pocket carry is normally not a problem but so often any more I am wearing cargo style pants or shorts.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Well if they are not adding one now, Sal has said that they are at least looking at it for the future, so we will hopefully both end up happy. :D
I remember Gayle saying it would have one then Sal saying it was a problem and they didn't want to delay the knife for it, and yes, possibly in a future run/model.

I guess we'll see but I really doubt it, at least on the initial run.

Ken
玉鋼
heathen

Post by heathen »

Count me in as one of the guys who is impatiently awaiting the release of the Air. I could go either way on the clip issue with this knife. On one hand I think it would ruin the clean lines of the knife but on the other hand I love a good clip on a knife just for the handiness factor.
God Bless
Heath
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Really like this compared to the original, count me in!

Post by 1623 »

heathen wrote:Count me in as one of the guys who is impatiently awaiting the release of the Air. I could go either way on the clip issue with this knife. On one hand I think it would ruin the clean lines of the knife but on the other hand I love a good clip on a knife just for the handiness factor.
Right there with you Heath.

I'm in either way but can easily picture a nice Dragonfly sized, deep carry, polished wire clip on this little beauty.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
maa14

Post by maa14 »

w3tnz wrote:Really like this compared to the original, count me in!

What do you mean by the original? Are you talking about the regular Gayle Bradley?
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley
Stew

Post by Stew »

That is definitely on my Spydie wants list!
Cheers,
Stew.

[CENTER]www.StewartJLight-Knives.com[/CENTER]
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

Anyone know if there are plans to put a lanyard hole?
I'm Hooked like a hawkbilll!!!:D
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Spygineer wrote:Anyone know if there are plans to put a lanyard hole?
I woud like to see a lanyard hole too, but I think they want to keep this as a modern gentalman's folder. No clip, no lanyard, just classy and sharp.

Why did you guys have to post that picture!??!! Now i'm drooling even more.

The small, high-end blades that Spyderco makes are always my favorite. I don't generally use blades larger than 3" for EDC. I use larger blades for camping or doing heavy tasks in the yard. The Caly, The G10 Dragonfly, etc. are my favorites, and this one falls in line with those in terms of size and quality. Clip or no clip, I don't even care. I just really want a wharnie in my collection :)

Anyway, I am waiting with great anticipation so please hurry it up Spyderco.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

I'm looking forward to this one as well. I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm hoping they stick with no clip, I'd just end up taking it off anyway.
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

I'm also eagerly awaiting the Air. And here's another vote for keeping it clip-less (just for aesthetics). But has anyone who has a Kiwi handled the Air at knife shows? Concept-wise, they seem pretty similar, although I realize they're very different given steel, handle scales, locks, and the Kiwi's choils. But I'm wondering how they feel in hand compared to each other.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Don't worry I'm right there with you on the no clip for this knife. But I am excited for the pouch...though I think that a black version of what they did for the Kiwi would be just fine.
On the hunt for...
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm with the clipless crowd as well. I carry smaller blades deep in my pocket and don't want a clip, or "unnecessary" holes in my knife! :D

TedP