(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Spyderco Senior))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eidah

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Spyderco Senior))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Post by eidah »

Hi
I cant say enough good things about the Spyderco junior. Its amazing. I have used it in the kitchen and the outdoors and you need to try it to believe it. I have the military, the stretch . the endura, the salt, the g10 police, the lady bug, the man bug, para2 and others. Nothing comes close to the Spyderco junior. It packs an amazing blade in a small package.

The only thing I would change is a :
1- beefier compression lock.
2-One could also hope for a longer blade with the same thinness
3- the compression lock doesn't allow you to swing the blade open like the para2 because there is no depression in the g10.

So was there any suggestion of a bigger Spyderco senior?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Is the subject title really necessary? Super annoying and it looks like SPAM.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

1. Beefier as in "stronger"? I believe it's still rated at 200+ lbs/inch of blade so in this case over 600 lbs of static force.
2. It wouldn't necessarily get wider due to length if the Caly or Persian series have any relation to the logic.
3. I think it was designed that way.

I believe they are looking at the platform for other iterations. At least last I recall reading. A larger one wouldn't be surprising given the larger Lum Chinese Folder.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

I would love to see a larger version of the Junior, with maybe a 4" clip point blade and a deep pocket clip. CF would also be great. One of my favorite knives to carry. Just make sure that the thin, lightweight design stays intact.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I'd be more than happy if they just made it about half to three quarters on an inch bigger in both blade and handle.
On the hunt for...
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Cool topic and I couldn't agree with you more! I have wanted to see a bigger version of this awesome knife from the first second I held it. I would definetly buy one, ****, maybe even two if I save my pennies.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Eidah,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

Let's get a few miles on the Junior. Then we'll decide where to go from there.

sal
eidah

Post by eidah »

David Lowry wrote:Is the subject title really necessary? Super annoying and it looks like SPAM.
Sorry to annoy you David Lowry. I thought I'd decorate my title a little for some attention.
eidah

Post by eidah »

Hi Blerv
Thanks for the reply and informative points. I thought thicker liner like that on the para2 would make it stronger without much compromise on weight.
eidah

Post by eidah »

Onionman wrote:I would love to see a larger version of the Junior, with maybe a 4" clip point blade and a deep pocket clip. CF would also be great. One of my favorite knives to carry. Just make sure that the thin, lightweight design stays intact.
Those are exactly my points. I don't want a heavy knife . The best points about the jonior is the light wight. I am sure they can make a slightly bigger and stronger version and be still between 3.5 to 4 oz of weight.
eidah

Post by eidah »

Azwaiian wrote:Cool topic and I couldn't agree with you more! I have wanted to see a bigger version of this awesome knife from the first second I held it. I would definetly buy one, ****, maybe even two if I save my pennies.
Thanks for the support Azwaiian :D
eidah

Post by eidah »

sal wrote:Hi Eidah,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

Let's get a few miles on the Junior. Then we'll decide where to go from there.

sal
Hi Sal
Honored to have you reply. Wish you all the success and thanks for the good knives.
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

Do us all a favor, and never post a title like that one again...
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

DCDesigns wrote:Do us all a favor, and never post a title like that one again...
Take it easy, he already apologized.
Come Join Us Click Here
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome to the forums eidah :)

No worries about the title. Last time I checked you weren't completing an annotated bibliography for a book; the publisher won't reject the post. ;)
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

cosmo7809 wrote:Take it easy, he already apologized.
*Edited*
eidah

Post by eidah »

DCDesigns wrote:*Edited*
I apologize to you and David Lowry if the title annoyed you. English is not my first language . I am a bit of an attention seeker though :o .

I tried to edit the title after David Lowry noted its annoying but wa too late.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

eidah wrote:I apologize to you and David Lowry if the title annoyed you. English is not my first language . I am a bit of an attention seeker though :o .

I tried to edit the title after David Lowry noted its annoying but wa too late.
eidah,
Welcome to the Spyderco Forum. Just so you are aware, you have nothing to apologize for. There are only a couple of people with whom you need to worry about in regards to being proper or improper on this forum. I'm one of them and I see nothing wrong with your post. I see a lot of enthusiasm, I didn't see any intent to annoy. If I had, I would have addressed it. :)

Make it a good day.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

He did apologize (unnecessarily I might add). You can tell by the appropriate use of the word "sorry".

I'm so glad that we were able to make this civil discussion into a pedantic squabble. :)
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

censoring a non-aggressive, non threatening comment that broke NO rules because you didnt like my tone is what is unnecessary. If you are going to start censoring us because you think we are speaking "gruffly" you are really going to start earning your paycheck... Have you SEEN some of the other posts! Anyways, I dont appreciate it. I was merely trying to explain my first comment.