quick easy painless

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

quick easy painless

Post by tikkidaddy »

after using sharpmaker on spyderedge pacific salt should i go w/ dmt green serrated edge sharpener?

What is best field option 4 h1 spyderedge variants, considering wagging around a sharpmaker can be a little troublesome. Triangles are fairly easily damaged, chipped, etc
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

A decently affordable combo would be the discontinued 701 Profile Set and the Byrd Duckfoot. Both easily available still and should cost about $60 total if you shop around.

The 701 comes with a medium and fine grit ceramic stick and are done free-hand. They hit the scallops/valleys well. The Duckfood is pretty utilitarian but is covered with diamonds and good for reprofiling/fixing teeth.

I bought both when they went disco for serrated knives alone. Both would fit well in a small bag or large coat pocket.
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

Blerv wrote:A decently affordable combo would be the discontinued 701 Profile Set and the Byrd Duckfoot. Both easily available still and should cost about $60 total if you shop around.

The 701 comes with a medium and fine grit ceramic stick and are done free-hand. They hit the scallops/valleys well. The Duckfood is pretty utilitarian but is covered with diamonds and good for reprofiling/fixing teeth.

I bought both when they went disco for serrated knives alone. Both would fit well in a small bag or large coat pocket.
As Blerv said, the 701 set would probably be about perfect for that. I have a set and the sharper corners could easily handle serrations. They are also very easy to pack and very secure in their suede pouch.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

Post by tikkidaddy »

with h1 being so easy to sharpen in my aquasalt pe, i had assumed the case might be the same 4 the pacific se, but rockwell is greater on serrated spyderedges. Its why i was looking at dmt's red and green pick variant. i wish id gotten one or two of those dmt cerramic picks...just the ticket u guys know anybody who makes a ceramic ice pick style like the dmt old ones now
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.