Pic Request? Para 2 and Native 5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
prisoner6

Pic Request? Para 2 and Native 5

Post by prisoner6 »

I have narrowed down my choice to one of these models for my next knife. I only get a new one every year or so, so I try to make it count.

I would like to get an idea of the difference in size of these two both lengthwise and width. I know the Para will be larger, but how much?

Ilike the Native, but it seems like my Caly 3 is pretty similar in size and application, though it has seen a good long life as an EDC.

So do I replace it with a similar knife in the Native 5, or go for something different and supplement?

Any help with any comparison pictures would be appreciated. I searched ad found many pictures of them individually, but not together. ANd almost none to give me an idea on width.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Here are a few quick pics of them side by side, and showing width.

:bug-red-white
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Nice pictures.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
prisoner6

Post by prisoner6 »

Thank you for the pictures!

Based on this I think I am very much leaning toward the Para 2. I am sure that the Native5 is an excellent knife, but seems to be at least somewhat similar to my Caly3 in application. I don't have anything the size of the Para, while I have the Caly3 and the G-10 UKPK.

Now I just have to stop changing my mind each day.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

You won't be disappointed with the Para 2. It's a joy to EDC and to use. I've been carrying one as my EDC for almost 2 years solid, and can't find anything to complain about yet.
:bug-red-white