Waved Endura in M4 with Alluminum Handle

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Niles

Waved Endura in M4 with Alluminum Handle

Post by Niles »

I believe I've come to a turning point and picked M4 as my all time favorite steel. And if I had a (or several) waved endura in M4 with an alluminum handle, I don't think it would ever leave my pocket. I've been using a citadel at work, but the auto is still no match for a waved blade. But, I like the robustness of the citadel over the endura for hard use. Combine a bit of both and change the steel to M4 and I believe I would have my ideal knife.

Now I know that both M4 and the wave are not exactly gems of mass appeal, but I think it would be **** cool.

Anyone else agree?
Do no harm. Do know harm.
maa14

Post by maa14 »

Niles wrote:I believe I've come to a turning point and picked M4 as my all time favorite steel. And if I had a (or several) waved endura in M4 with an alluminum handle, I don't think it would ever leave my pocket. I've been using a citadel at work, but the auto is still no match for a waved blade. But, I like the robustness of the citadel over the endura for hard use. Combine a bit of both and change the steel to M4 and I believe I would have my ideal knife.

Now I know that both M4 and the wave are not exactly gems of mass appeal, but I think it would be **** cool.

Anyone else agree?
Probably not going to happen because the Japanese are particular about their steels and also m4 is an American made steel so the shipping across everywhere would make the price go way up. But, it would be AWESOME if it would happen :D
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Uh, yeah. Totally awesome.
Can't happen, but still awesome.

I'd love to see an aluminum scaled Endura or Delica. That would be super cool. I wonder if, FRN molds could be modified for something like that, or would the aluminum have to be milled?
THG

Post by THG »

See if you can get the stuff machined yourself.
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

It would be sweet. I'm hoping we will get a Para2 sprint with M4 someday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Rwb1500 wrote:Uh, yeah. Totally awesome.
Can't happen, but still awesome.

I'd love to see an aluminum scaled Endura or Delica. That would be super cool. I wonder if, FRN molds could be modified for something like that, or would the aluminum have to be milled?
Can't see much of a market, aluminum has a reputation for being the easiest handle material to ding, dent, scuff, and scratch. I'm guess the only way Spyderco might consider doing it would be for them to mill the handles using the same programming used to mill the handle slabs for the SS versions. FWIW, you can probably still find one of the Titanium Delicas that were made for the Japanese market. It's not waved, and the steel is ATS-34 which is no longer fashionable, but it exists.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!