2013 Spyderco Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
brewdiver87

Post by brewdiver87 »

Something about the Rock Lobster draws me to it everytime, the asthetics of this knife to me are simply stunning. I love the shape of the blade and the prefect color G-10 scales... one of my favorites.

Brewdiver87
Rock Lobster C126G

[ATTACH]20374[/ATTACH]
Attachments
_MG_2880small.jpg
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

This is my spyderco Lava, very interesting critter to me. Its my small edc for when I dont want people being scared. I took dozens of pics of it when I got it because I was so excited, and this pic is my personal favorite. I think the orange vibrant flowers mix with the name perfectly

http://sharpthings.net/sites/default/fi ... %20012.jpg

w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

We had a good dumping of snow today, snapped this pic while I was braving the cold chopping wood. Nothing fancy just two quality knives excelling in the conditions, from the ease of deployment with gloves including operating both the locks, to the flow through design which allows for easy thorough cleaning. Two outstanding knives in their own right.

Forum name: w3tnz
Spyderco models: Para 2, Military Ti
image avaliable in 4000x3000 at 300dpi.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Very nice to be able to edit your submission. I replaced mine after some thought with what maybe :confused: a better one.

If anyone needs help with resizing their image for upload feel free to PM. I'm running Photoshop 2003 and it works very well :) The key is retaining the original pic at the highest resolution possible. An 8 yr old 6MP X 480dpi camera left me with plenty of wiggle room to fullfill the resolution requirements ;)

Very enthusiastic about this years contest :D All great submissions so far :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Donut

Post by Donut »

dbcad, I'm not sure if the aspect ratio of your photo will fit on an 8.5 x 11 sheet without cutting a lot of the sides off.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Understand Donut :) I would hope that matching the aspect ratio precisely isn't an overriding concern. If it is I'm sure I'll know about it before August ;) The original file still exists at it's original resolution, so anything is tweakable :)

Thanks for bringing up the point :) The same thought occurred to me. Any width to height ratio (aspect ratio) is doable if needed. Maybe we'll see some clarification from the administrators??

Reread Dapacgos instructions yet again, and think I'm close enough.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I've carried my zdp stretch for six months now, and I couldn't ask for a better companion, whether in the office or out in the backcountry. It just fits. This photo is from a hike in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, May 2012.

kennethsime

Spyderco Stretch Green FRN ZDP-189 ~ C90GRE

Note: image quality reduced to keep filesize down/unable to upload over 100kb.

[ATTACH]20388[/ATTACH]
Attachments
kennethsime02 small.jpg
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
psmith27

Post by psmith27 »

This purple ladybug is my edc knife. I work as a school teacher and used my most common utilization of the knife for inspiration for a photo. Good luck to everyone!

Forums name: psmith27
Knife model: purple ladybug
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Travis....really beautiful picture, amazing composition, I could stare at it for months.......glad you decided to go with that pic, though I like some other pics you took of the Lava, Your entry would have been my first choice.....Sweet!.....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
AKWolf

Post by AKWolf »

PSmith are you cheating in class too ;) very nice work there :D

The power of the Ladybug can not be underestimated.
9 er's.....

Latest :spyder:s...C173G, SC90FPGYE, C81GPGR2...
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Travis....really beautiful picture, amazing composition, I could stare at it for months.......glad you decided to go with that pic, though I like some other pics you took of the Lava, Your entry would have been my first choice.....Sweet!.....Doc :)
+1, this pic is amazing, I set it as my background :) ... My mom saw it and said that she really liked it too!
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

Spyderco Knives in the shape of the blade is often referred to as "crocodiles". I decided to illustrate this similarity.

Forums name: DerRock
Knife model: C10GPFG Endura 4

P.S. From one person, only one photo?
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

DerRock wrote:Spyderco Knives in the shape of the blade is often referred to as "crocodiles". I decided to illustrate this similarity.

Forums name: DerRock
Knife model: C10GPFG Endura 4

P.S. From one person, only one photo?
Hehe, I thought it looked like a croc and that was before I read your description, well done, that would be even more croc like with a dyad :eek: I love that pic.

Thanks CLL and snubdoc for the comments, I have a few beautiful pics but I decided that was te most elegant and clean
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

I think the Spyderco Bug, is a really cool and useful little knife, and can be carried pretty much anywhere. My mom gave me the idea, about using a globe or a map for a background, about how the Bug can be carried anywhere, and I edited it to look antique.

Spyderco Bug~c133
Forum name~C.L.L 97

Thanks for the contest. and about the image size, and the 300dpi, i don't know what that means, or how i do that??
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I can't believe all the great shots! I have no chance this year. I'll just be overjoyed to look at all these on a calendar. I'm glad I'm not a judge.

- best wishes, Jazz.
spyderfly

Post by spyderfly »

Here is my picture, I have choosen for the chinese lum i realy like the desing and blade shape and edc the zdp-189 , in the winter of 2012 on one morning i noticed some dawn frozen spyderwebs that looked realy cool and took some pics.

Spyderfly. With the large pink chinese lum.[ATTACH]20391[/ATTACH]
Attachments
spyderco sneeuw 009.jpg
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

razorsharp wrote:Hehe, I thought it looked like a croc and that was before I read your description, well done, that would be even more croc like with a dyad :eek: I love that pic.
Or an assist? Have had many comments mine looks like a croc haha. Cool pic.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

w3tnz wrote:Or an assist? Have had many comments mine looks like a croc haha. Cool pic.
or that :D , even a jester
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Hope you guys like it
Model: Assist
Forum Name: Cosmo7809

The Assist sitting in the cup holder instantly brought the quote "Always there when you need it" to mind. Did some cheesy editing and I think it came out OK.

Good luck to all!
Come Join Us Click Here
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

hmm, I obviously didnt read properly, I thought grand prize was a Ti millie, now I know its fluted, Icant wait till the end of the contest :D