I GOT PROMOTED! What's gonna be my reward knife??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

if you can find a evrina you can get it scrimshawed as well.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congrats on the promo, Evil!

I'd treat yourself to either the Tuff or Native 5. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

kbuzbee wrote:Surely a SB or ZDP 3.5 would be a great addition but Sal has been entertaining the idea of a SB Stretch. Something to consider, perhaps?

For something more office friendly, there's the upcoming Air!

Congrats and enjoy whatever you choose.

Ken
Can you shed anymore light regarding Sal considering doing a super blue stretch, this is the first I have heard and would be all over one if they decide to do a run.

As for the topic at hand, I think a titanium chaparral would make an excellent choice or the Air.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:How would you guys compare SB to ZDP?
In my experience with the two of them, SB tend to roll more easily and ZDP shows more of a tendency to chip out. Personally I think SB is my favorite but I will not be 100% certain either way until I get a Stretch in SB to directly test against the ZDP.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Slash

Post by Slash »

Preorder a steatlh chaparral.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Kudos bud!

I love the Sage2. Have you considered a Massad Ayoob? My recent acquisitions are not brag-worthy but I do have that one and adore it.
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

Congratulations! Is there a classic grail for you to hunt?
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Congrats for sure! I think that you should look at something not standard production...find something old or new that is a sprint, that maybe you have wanted but haven't been able to afford or justify, but that you would really like to have.

With ebay pretty much everything is available except the really rare stuff...
On the hunt for...
BAL

Post by BAL »

Congrats Evil.
If it were me, I'd get something that is not on pre-order, so you don't
have to wait. You deserve to get something in your pocket fast. You
can always pre-order something too.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

It seems like others are as happy with your promotion as you are. That's cool. Not trying to get too personal but is there a $ amount you are thinking of for the "promotion celebration" knife? Will you be able to get it with your first higher payday or will you need to save some from 2 or more paydays?

I know this is none of my business but any promotion is exciting, even someone else's.

Jack
bh49

Post by bh49 »

jackknifeh wrote:It seems like others are as happy with your promotion as you are. That's cool.
Jack
+1
Also everybody love oprtunity to spend his money on knives :)
tonydahose wrote:first off, congrats!!! i say you should get some boost for the stang but that is just me :D . if you aren't going to do that here are my list of knife recommendations for the office:
des horn
CF dodo
any kopa
original viele
phoenix
that's all i have off of the top of my head. again congrats!!! :D
Tony,
I love your taste. BTW, des horn is on clearance at Howes
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Gratz EvilD, as for the knife I have no suggestions.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Jack its cool...I should be able to get pretty much anything within reason once I start getting paid. I still want a Yo 2 and I think if they were available that's what I'd end up with despite wanting a wire clip. I might have to check out a Chaparral too. The job isn't real formal and I'm still carrying a Military but I'm more hesitant about using it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

SB caly 3.5 is my vote for sure. I carry it almost daily an the gray G10 blends with khaki very well even though almost the entire knife is below the pocket line. I also find wire clips much more forgiving on lighter weight casual/dress pants
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'd wait and get the damascus caly sprint. Its small and very dressy most people would see it as a piece of pocket art and not a knife so few eyebrows would be raised
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

I really like the Kopa idea. They certainly aren't getting any cheaper. If this is your chance to splurge I wouldn't get a regular production knife. I'd go with something discontinued.
rnbtexas

Post by rnbtexas »

Congrats on the Promotion.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Congrats D. I know what you mean as far as finally getting back to where you were years ago. I will say get a Yojimbo 2. I am almost positive you'll see some show up in stock here in the next 2 weeks. I just have a REAL good feeling. ;)

If you can't get a Yo2 or you don't want to wait, I would say try out a Caly 3.5 (can't go wrong with VG-10 and you can then always get the ZDP version when it comes out). I also think that the Dodo is great and I might even pay the premium on eBay just to get one if I were you. :) Lastly........if you can swing it....Sage 4 would be cool too. :D

Enjoy bro!
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Ravana

Post by Ravana »

Yojimbo 2 once it becomes available!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm so torn between logic and lust lol. I'm trying to lean towards something smallish and less intimidating, but i already know i WILL buy a Yojimbo 2 when they're available and i know i'm going to carry it and most likely obsess over it so i wonder if i should bother with anything else..

Then again, i've also had my eye on a Junior for some time now, and still have this idea of modding one into a wharnie...Hmmmm. Maybe this is the time to make that happen.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David