Cuz boyz just wanna have fun...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

tr4022 wrote:Hey, Jack, thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I have a Sage 1. I like it, but don't carry it often. I don't know why, it's great. The way you go on about the Sage 4, though, you almost make me wanna fork over $200 for one. :D

You know what? I gonna go get my Sage 1 right now and see what I've been missing!

Tod
Howe's had the Sage4 on a "hot deal" and I think I paid $155 for it. I had it on my wish list (for someday) but when I saw that price I bit the hook.

I have a 36° inclusive edge on my Sage4 and had to cut a piece of vinyl siding for something. I have some left over from siding our house a few years ago. Normally I grab tin snips but they were in a different room. I used the Sage4. That FFG blade went through it like butter. I felt I had to check the sharpness. It still sliced through phone book paper just like it does when I'm done touching it up. I've used Spyderco knives on the siding before but don't remember which ones. The Sage4 did better than any knife I've used before. This is more because of the blade grind, sharpness and steel than the knife model. I just thought I'd mention it and twist the "buy Sage4" knife a little. :D

Jack
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Chokwe, one of the smoothest knifes I own, also looks pretty funky while maintaining very good ergos.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

tr4022 wrote:I have the Caly 3.5 and was considering the Native 5. I assume you recommend that as well?

Tod
Absolutely. Native5 is "must have"
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Have you considered a Manix 2 lightweight? It's a cool fun knife, each time I pull it from my pocket I'm amazed. It's a NKP-pleaser too, they're puzzled and some think it's a toy - and they're right. ;)
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Mr Blonde wrote:Have you considered a Manix 2 lightweight? It's a cool fun knife, each time I pull it from my pocket I'm amazed. It's a NKP-pleaser too, they're puzzled and some think it's a toy - and they're right. ;)
Just ordered it. Thanks, everyone for your suggestions. I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to my query.

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I'd get a civilian. It's just one of those knives I've always wanted, but can't justify.

If not, than probably something more gentlemany, like one of the sages.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Civilian
Junior (though this one could easily become an edc utility blade)
Persian (especially in red, though it's a bit heavy)
Meerkat (the lock is actually really cool once you get used to it. Wish it were a bit slimmer, and with a reverse-s blade, but otherwise a neat knife.)
Des Horn (looks a bit 'prissy' at first glance, but it's as sharp as all get-out.)
—Daniel Jackson
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

tr4022 wrote:Just ordered it. Thanks, everyone for your suggestions. I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to my query.

Tod
Good choice with the Manix 2 FRCP!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*