Manix 2 Translucent Blue and Nutnfancy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eitenbuffalo34

Manix 2 Translucent Blue and Nutnfancy

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

I was curious and wanted to see who else bought a Translucent Blue manix after seeing Nutnfancy's review. If you haven't seen it check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9751H0NmnC0

Its an awesome review and will make you want to get the manix 2 lightweight for sure!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

You mean 15 minutes of talking without even opening the knife? :p

I trust Spyderco to make a nice knife even without nutn saying so. ;)
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

If he opens his knife or starts the review before 5 mnutes, and if he doesnt have a 3 minute section on jimping, ill watch it :p
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I watched the entire review and it did get me interested in the knife. Nutnfancy makes a convincing case for buying it. I'll look forward to your experience with it Eitenbuffalo. It looks like a very sweet knife. Interested in hearing more experiences with the BD1 steel.

I think the review was pretty good. Lots of enthusiam and information were presented. Sometimes Nut'n can be annoying, if that's the case I just turn him off, always an option ;) In this case I enjoyed the review. good for him :)

Enjoy the Manix and report back :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I still wish Spyderco had brought this one out with a clear, rather than blue, plastic! What can I say...I grew up in the 60s with models like the Visible Man, the Phantom Mustang and the Visible V8. :D

Half Sack
Location: Alberta, undisclosed location of the Weapon Plus Program

Post by Half Sack »

How about a review from one of our local heros instead? I always get a kick out of his videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wzFNIKjTXM
Welcome to our newest member, Half Sack
:spyder: Endura4 wave, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Byrd Hawkbill, PM2 digi camo, Sharpmaker *Sprints: Dodo Orange, MeerKat Burgundy, "R" Nishijin *Discontinued: Caspian H1 :spyder: #ByrdWeek Winner :cool:
No one likes the dark - Robin Sherbatsky
*Signature not updated, purchases missing...*
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

JNewell wrote:I still wish Spyderco had brought this one out with a clear, rather than blue, plastic! What can I say...I grew up in the 60s with models like the Visible Man, the Phantom Mustang and the Visible V8. :D

That would look great... love it!!

I'm patiently waiting for the black FRN manix 2.

Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Just watched it and a bit long, IMHO. I do like his video footage and the knife is definitely a winner :) .

Really tho, 11? Instead of thinking of Spinal Tap now I'll think of him. Sigh.
angusW

Post by angusW »

razorsharp wrote:If he opens his knife or starts the review before 5 mnutes, and if he doesnt have a 3 minute section on jimping, ill watch it :p
He does partially open it in the first 30 seconds :D

Only watched about a quarter of the review as it's time for bed but enjoyed it nonetheless.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
hawaiihunter

Post by hawaiihunter »

his review was like this... Hey dudes..... Omg look at this jimping, the POU is so awesome and look at this jimping. Spyderco did it right this time, i highly endorse spydercos jimping designers because this jimping is rad. Can you donate to my dog, because it's sick and i made enough money on those crappy duracoated persistances.
Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

hawaiihunter wrote:his review was like this... Hey dudes..... Omg look at this jimping, the POU is so awesome and look at this jimping. Spyderco did it right this time, i highly endorse spydercos jimping designers because this jimping is rad. Can you donate to my dog, because it's sick and i made enough money on those crappy duracoated persistances.
Hahaha.
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

It's an awesome knife. you don't need nutn to tell you that but it does help make an educated decision, although since this knife is coming from Spyderco should be enough :)
Half Sack
Location: Alberta, undisclosed location of the Weapon Plus Program

Post by Half Sack »

The Manix has jimping? I don't remember hearing that in Nutn's review... I'll have to rewatch it. :rolleyes:
Welcome to our newest member, Half Sack
:spyder: Endura4 wave, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Byrd Hawkbill, PM2 digi camo, Sharpmaker *Sprints: Dodo Orange, MeerKat Burgundy, "R" Nishijin *Discontinued: Caspian H1 :spyder: #ByrdWeek Winner :cool:
No one likes the dark - Robin Sherbatsky
*Signature not updated, purchases missing...*
waterford

Post by waterford »

NutnFancy certainly is a knowledgeable guy with knives, but his reviews are a bit over the top and kind of immature sometimes. I mean, he is a grown
man and he talks more like a 14 year old boy. Hes a hard watch, sometimes.
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

dbcad wrote:I watched the entire review and it did get me interested in the knife. Nutnfancy makes a convincing case for buying it. I'll look forward to your experience with it Eitenbuffalo. It looks like a very sweet knife. Interested in hearing more experiences with the BD1 steel.

I think the review was pretty good. Lots of enthusiam and information were presented. Sometimes Nut'n can be annoying, if that's the case I just turn him off, always an option ;) In this case I enjoyed the review. good for him :)

Enjoy the Manix and report back :)
I agree... he can be annoying, but that's just who he is. His vids are very informative and like it or not, he does know what he is talking about.
My :spyder:'s>> Fluited Titanium Millie, M390 Millie, Brad Southard, Gayle Bradley, Junior, Bushcraft UK, Translucent Blue Manix 2, G10 UKPK, Sage 1, Sage 2, Ti Damascus Delica 4, Orange FFG Endura 4, Gray FFG Endura 4,Native, Blk Dragonfly, H1 Dragonfly 2, Blue Tenacious, Tenacious, H1 Ladybug, White Ladybug, Grasshopper, Honeybee and Bug
waterford

Post by waterford »

Absolutely hes knows what he is talking about.....but come on, act your age and STOP with all the grammer school nonsense.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Anybody out ther own one of the blue translucent lightweights :confused:

I'm much more interested in how the BD1 acts and how solid the knife feels, I feel the OP is too :) Any single review is inconsequential without corrobarating opinions. We don't want to judge a reviewer, we want different opinions about the knife :)

After watching the review I am interested in this blade (Do I really need another knife?). However I do want to hear more opinions before I decide to buy it :) Like the OP I'm looking for thoughts on the knife, not the reviewer mentioned.

Try not to get hung up on the small stuff :o I've been guilty myself and it leads nowhere.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I just sold mine, it's a well made knife and all that, but it just didn't feel right. I guess there's such thing as too light, while I like light knives its minuscule weight doesn't corroborate with its large size. Plus the cost is almost the same as regular manix yet has inferior steel and cheaper handle.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Nutnfancy annoys me, but I'm glad he's doing reviews. He at least has a method for evaluating each knife and for those that have similar criteria the reviews are very valuable. There are some members of this forum whose reviews I pay very close attention to because I know that they usually speaks to a number of issues that are important to me. I don't watch many NF reviews, but I often do watch his reviews for knives I'm thinking about buying.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
vic

Post by vic »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:You mean 15 minutes of talking without even opening the knife? :p

I trust Spyderco to make a nice knife even without nutn saying so. ;)

is it really still the cool thing to do to slag off this guy's videos? even when he highly praises something you like you still have to do the in thing don't you?

anyone else makes this exact same video you would advocate it i am certain