paramilitary 2 green G-10 CTS-204P

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
thelonewanderer

paramilitary 2 green G-10 CTS-204P

Post by thelonewanderer »

Hey guys, I'm a new spyderco forum user, and I had a question. I'm sorry if it's been covered already. I was wondering where I would be able to procure a paramilitary 2 with green G-10 handle and CTS-204P steel. I looked at knifeworks, and they said on their website said they were all sold out, and I couldn't seem to figure out how to shop online at blue ridge knives or if I had to pay for their catalog or if they would charge me a monthly fee for it. I would really love to own one of these knives, and would really appreciate any help. Thank you!
Slash

Post by Slash »

wait till they get delivered and.try to snag one off ebay.
hawaiihunter

Post by hawaiihunter »

you currently cannot get one, as stated above, you'll have to wait for the secondary market.
Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

And Blue Ridge Knives is a wholesale shop - you'll need a reseller tax ID to order from them.

TedP
Donut

Post by Donut »

There are one or two dealers who have collector's club memberships and sell those. I know Howe's has one or two, so maybe sending them an email to see if they can give one up.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Those knives have not been delivered yet and most if not all have already been bought during the pre-order stage. In fact I read that this knife sold out in record time. There will be a few people that ordered them that will decide to sell them, and there are lots of people that bought them with the sole intention of selling them of insane profit. Once the knives are delivered there will be some available for purchase on secondary outlets such as other forums and online auctions. It is unlikely that you will be able to find one for very close to the original price but that depends on if you are in the right place at the right time.

The sprint run of the Tenacious with green scales is just now coming out and those are easy to find and much cheaper than a Para 2. In some ways this knife is the closest thing to a Paramilitary. IMO It looks almost identical, it is similar size and length but a bit heavier, but its blade steel isn't as good. You can buy one for probably 1/4 of what you will have to pay for a green Para 2.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:There are one or two dealers who have collector's club memberships and sell those. I know Howe's has one or two, so maybe sending them an email to see if they can give one up.
New Graham will be another dealer, who has CC membership, most likely few more.
Also send e-mail or call KW and ask to put your name on waiting list. As always, somebody will cancel orders.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The 700 available for pre-order sold out in 6 days. When they ship (June?) KW may receive more than 700 and have some additional available. You'll have to be quick to get one, or one of the numbered CC from other dealers. Plus, some dealers will offer these at ebay prices removing any advantage over ebay.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Zencowboy

Post by Zencowboy »

I had to search my gmail to find knifeworks deposit receipt for $20 on Feb 20th. How much is total price after deposit...I forgot??
Thanks!

...found it by putting in part # from my receipt on their website:
SC81GPGR2
Retail $189.95
Our Price $139.95
Balance Due $119.95 + $7.95 Shipping For USA after Deposit
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

This thread is worthless without pictures...

bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I found some actual photos of the Sprint run Tenacious and its green G10 looks to be a little bit lighter than that. I wonder if the PM2 green will be that dark.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Zencowboy wrote:Our Price $139.95
And they will hit ebay at something like $200-240 at the lowest?
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Well if they hit E-bay at $200 the seller will have to pay ebay $30 of that, so they'd make like 30 bucks...what a huge evil profit!
bdblue wrote:And they will hit ebay at something like $200-240 at the lowest?
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

CF M390 Millie's weren't much more than original cost when they first hit the secondary market. Don't know what they are going for now.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Man, I sure am glad I lack the opportunity to be a PM2 collector. A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon you're talking real money.
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." — Kingsley Amis
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

Spook410 wrote:CF M390 Millie's weren't much more than original cost when they first hit the secondary market. Don't know what they are going for now.
It depends on what exactly you mean - I am not sure what they were going for on other fora, but on the 'bay they started out in the $290 to $320 range: about $100 over initial offer price. (not counting CC# knives - which sell for more). This is roughly 50% mark-up: the recent standard for hot knives. I follow these knives closely, and the prices have been all over the place. Just yesterday, a BNIB M390 Millie sold for $245 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/190677019621?ss ... 1438.l2649.

The M390 Para2, even though it was still available at BBS, started in the $250 to $290 range. This is within the 50% mark-up range as well. The prices plateaued and started to drop, but now that they are sold out at the dealer, the prices have started to rise again. Just last week, a BNIB M390 Para2 brought $295 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/130687229398?ss ... 1438.l2649.

If prior performance is indicative of future gains, the 204P Para2 will likely open in the $200 to $230 price range. If this model is as popular as everyone thinks it will be, the prices could start out higher, or stay at the $200 level longer than usual until the market has been satiated.
I follow this market very closely, and with the exception of the M4 Manix2, people who have missed out on the initial offer price feel that the 50% mark-up is worth it for an excellent knife, limited in number, that they really want. It is either the best time to be a Spyderco fan, or the worst time: it all depends on how you personally feel about secondary market dynamics.
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

Wildernest Survivor wrote:It depends on what exactly you mean
I mean.. there were a lot of Millie M390's in the $225-$250 on Ebay right after they came out. Still several selling in that price range apparently. Buyers with any sense won't be paying 50% mark ups even months after their release.
Donut

Post by Donut »

bh49 wrote:New Graham will be another dealer, who has CC membership, most likely few more.
Also send e-mail or call KW and ask to put your name on waiting list. As always, somebody will cancel orders.
Roman, thanks for this comment.

Usually I am the first to think/do that, but for some reason I forgot it.

That is BY FAR the best option.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Man I am glad I got onto the pre-order list. Seems everyone wants this knife.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Spook410 wrote:I mean.. there were a lot of Millie M390's in the $225-$250 on Ebay right after they came out. Still several selling in that price range apparently. Buyers with any sense won't be paying 50% mark ups even months after their release.
I don't think it's a question of whether buyers have "any sense" or not, just supply and demand. The prices that the S90V Military brings, for example, I personally think are crazy, but people do pay those prices and the reason is because they want the knife badly enough to pay it.

I'm surprised that the CF M390 isn't selling for more, but I think you will see prices rise over time. A year from now I'd bet mid-300s will be the going rate - but that's just a WAG. A lot could happen between now and then, both in the knife world and in the economy overall.