PE Hawkbill Ladybug

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
RJNC
Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: Santa Fe, NM

PE Hawkbill Ladybug

Postby RJNC » Tue May 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Would anyone else want a PE Hawkbill Ladybug?

User avatar
Rutgrr
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Postby Rutgrr » Tue May 01, 2012 4:45 pm

I be more interested in a PE Hawkbill Manbug. But I'd buy a ladybug PE also :)
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22327
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Tue May 01, 2012 4:47 pm

So ironic, i almost made this thread about an hour ago. I love the idea. I'll take one in VG10 or H1.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

Enkidude
Member
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:02 am
Location: The Great State of Texas

Postby Enkidude » Tue May 01, 2012 4:53 pm

I would buy one. Ladybug or manbug. H1 or Vg-10.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.

User avatar
Blerv
Member
Posts: 11695
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:24 am

Postby Blerv » Tue May 01, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm still having dreams of a FFG PE hawkbill in ZDP-189. :D
:spyder: Blake :spyder:

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22327
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Tue May 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Blerv wrote:I'm still having dreams of a FFG PE hawkbill in ZDP-189. :D
I just cried a little. That's beautiful :o

WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE!

EVERYBODY NOW!

WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE!
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 20239
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

What advantages? What viable uses?

Postby JD Spydo » Tue May 01, 2012 5:14 pm

This is a real tough one for me :rolleyes: As much of a Hawkbill fan as I am I really just don't see what advantage a "Ladybug" sized knife would do me at all :(

The Harpy, Tasman, Merlin are probably as small as I would ever want to go with a Hawkbill blade. Because truly folks I just don't see any pragmatic uses for a knife or even a hawkbill knife for that matter which is that small. Now for collector purposes that's a whole different story. But I've never even liked those tiny knives even for collecting.

First and foremost a knife to me is an important tool. And I want a tool that I can actually work with and get something done with.

Hey if the Ladybugs, Jesters and manbugs fill your needs then more power to you. But to me a knife that size is nothing more than a novelty>> I'm just being painfully honest :(
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!

User avatar
C.L.L 97
Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 pm
Location: wisconsin

Postby C.L.L 97 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Evil D wrote:I just cried a little. That's beautiful :o

WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE!

EVERYBODY NOW!

WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE!
WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE! :D

Ill take 1 with XHP and navy blue FRN :) plz

Or m390....
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar

User avatar
Jay_Ev
Member
Posts: 3048
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: South Bay, CA

Postby Jay_Ev » Tue May 01, 2012 5:30 pm

When it comes to hawkbill blades, my preference is always serrated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22327
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Tue May 01, 2012 6:29 pm

JD Spydo wrote:This is a real tough one for me :rolleyes: As much of a Hawkbill fan as I am I really just don't see what advantage a "Ladybug" sized knife would do me at all :(

The Harpy, Tasman, Merlin are probably as small as I would ever want to go with a Hawkbill blade. Because truly folks I just don't see any pragmatic uses for a knife or even a hawkbill knife for that matter which is that small. Now for collector purposes that's a whole different story. But I've never even liked those tiny knives even for collecting.

First and foremost a knife to me is an important tool. And I want a tool that I can actually work with and get something done with.

Hey if the Ladybugs, Jesters and manbugs fill your needs then more power to you. But to me a knife that size is nothing more than a novelty>> I'm just being painfully honest :(
For me they're keychain and backup knives. Plus i use them when i'm around NKP. Anyone who's intimidated by a Ladybug has serious anxiety issues.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22327
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Jay_Ev wrote:When it comes to hawkbill blades, my preference is always serrated.

True, they're awesome combined, but a hawkbill is essentially one big serration so you get at least some of the qualities of A serration.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
Blerv
Member
Posts: 11695
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:24 am

Postby Blerv » Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 pm

I'd be down for both :) .

PE in a super steel would be awesome. The tip gets a ton of use with a hawk (or wharnie) so being able to get a thin edge and hold it is ideal.

The nice thing about a small PE hawk would be envelopes and other snag-able light duties. Teeth are great but not always ideal. IMHO
:spyder: Blake :spyder:

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8587
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Tue May 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Rutgrr wrote:I be more interested in a PE Hawkbill Manbug. But I'd buy a ladybug PE also :)
Sign me up for one of each!
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

krislacy
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Union County Indiana

Postby krislacy » Tue May 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Manbug or ladybug WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE! WHARNIE i am in.

JT
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:10 pm
Location: Finland

Postby JT » Thu May 03, 2012 5:22 pm

PE hawkbill yes please!
I'm in, so I don't have to mod one of my SE ones. I admit I've been thinking about it for a while now... so we'll see what happens.

and to brother JD, a small hawkie is just the tool for opening boxes and envelopes when NKP are around... not to mention the last ditch SD use, you can cut deep and severe with that claw, even if it is so small.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.

User avatar
Drahkis
Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 am
Location: Oklahoma City

Postby Drahkis » Thu May 03, 2012 6:14 pm

pretty sure I personally would buy any and all models mentioned in this thread!! Im a big fan of Little knives!

User avatar
RJNC
Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: Santa Fe, NM

Postby RJNC » Fri May 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Just received my Manbug in the mail, awesome! Would def like a PE Hawkbill that size.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abbazaba, AHarbuck, Burton Knut, drewskeez1991, GarageBoy, Google [Bot], joeldworkin307, max power, p_atrick, Pig Iron, sonbear, Spydergirl88, TechnoSage and 46 guests