Is throwing your Spyderco at a Dartboard abuse that could void your warranty?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Onionman

Is throwing your Spyderco at a Dartboard abuse that could void your warranty?

Post by Onionman »

If it is, I would suggest to Spyderco that they remove the large picture they posted on their Facebook page showing the Native and Endura sticking to a dartboard.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

You mean that if I rode my Jhoth Singh Kalsa in the sea with dolphins, it would void my warranty too O.o

Darn :(
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Sticking in a dartboard, no. Throwing into a dartboard, yes
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

KardinalSyn wrote:You mean that if I rode my Jhoth Singh Kalsa in the sea with dolphins, it would void my warranty too O.o

Darn :(
Ok this answer is the best!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D incredibly hillarious :-D

And my personal opinion is - when using your knife use your head man :-) Hope you are not type of person who will put cat into microvawe oven because somebody did not warn you not to do it.
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm gonna say yes, but it's just a picture. No different than any other "stuck into something" pic out there.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

[CENTER]Warning!

Do not try this at home! Flying your Jot Singh Khalsa through the New York City airspace may result in fines and confiscation of your knife by Führer Vance. Only trained professionals should attempt to commute via flying cutlery. Spyderco assumes no liability in the event of unsuccessful aviation attempts while using their products. User discretion is advised.[/CENTER]
Attachments
Jot Singh Khalsa.jpg
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

jabba359 wrote:[CENTER]Warning!

Do not try this at home! Flying your Jot Singh Khalsa through the New York City airspace may result in fines and confiscation of your knife by Führer Vance. Only trained professionals should attempt to commute via flying cutlery. Spyderco assumes no liability in the event of unsuccessful aviation attempts while using their products. User discretion is advised.[/CENTER]
This is exactly what I was afraid of! lol
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

While I am sure most people on this forum know not to throw any folding knife, I know a few newbies that did it. I'm just saying that to put a knife into the bullseye of a dartboard (on a public forum such as facebook) is just asking for someone to try it.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Maybe we need Spyderco throwing knives???? (hint hint)
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
Clip

Post by Clip »

I saw Morgan Freeman do it in Seven, although it wasn't a Spyderco, or a folder for that matter.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

"If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough" Not a good way to treat blade tips unless you are a trained professional and never make mistakes :eek:
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I usually just stab them. Well, that's what the police report says when I wake up in jail with a headache.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I can see how a dart board would seem more suggestive than a tree stump. Then again, i think if a person is foolish enough to throw a folder, they probably didn't need the pic as motivation ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I wouldn't recommend doing it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i have friends that chuck POS knices at dart boards and would never even think of doing it with my spyderco.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

jabba359 wrote:[CENTER]Warning!

Do not try this at home! Flying your Jot Singh Khalsa through the New York City airspace may result in fines and BEING EXPLODED TO DEATH BY STINGER MISSILES AND/OR SOME COMBINATION OF USAF FIGHTERS. Only trained professionals should attempt to commute via flying cutlery. Spyderco assumes no liability in the event of unsuccessful aviation attempts while using their products. User discretion is advised.[/CENTER]
I fixed it for ya. ;)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

That picture with the dart board is on the back of the 2012 product guide. It's just a marketing graphic. Anyone who mindlessly does anything they see in print or on TV, etc., probably shouldn't have a functional knife anyway.
:bug-red-white
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I used to throw my delica III all the time. I got pretty good at sticking it into just about anything. I hit a nail one time and took about 1/4" off of the tip. I still throw the thing. I also throw my D4. It's not hard. ****, Michael Janich throws random barbecue skewers and stuff.

It's not that all delicas are beaters, but some of my delicas are my beaters so I treat them as such.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

I've got off work tomorrow, so I'll probably set up the :spyder: dartboard. Keep an eye out for that thread. Should be good.
Clip

Post by Clip »

SolidState wrote:****, Michael Janich throws random barbecue skewers and stuff.
Just because your friends do it...doesn't mean you should.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris