sprint runs of the Tenacious?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdblue

sprint runs of the Tenacious?

Post by bdblue »

I've seen these announced on the exclusives page, but the release dates have already passed. The dealer selling the blue one has said "mid-April", but that too has passed and they even took it completely off of their website. The dealer for the other version is playing it safer and saying "soon in 2012". Does anybody know any more information on release dates?
BAL

Post by BAL »

I haven't seen anything, but I will look around. Welcome to the forum
bdblue, don't be a stranger.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

BAL wrote:Welcome to the forum bdblue, don't be a stranger.
Now I have to dig out my older Spyderco knives and get some new photos to post.
setldown

Post by setldown »

Ah yes, the Tenacious. The one that started me down the slippery slope......Bahahaha
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi BDBlue,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

First I should say that there are no "Exclusives" on "Sprints". A Sprint is a short run made by and sold by Spyderco. Sprints are planned to be short runs, they are different from previous runs, and they won't be made again using the same materials.

"Exclusives" are a model that are sold exclusively to a distributor for their own distribution, but they may make the model over and over again so it isn'e a sprint.

Secondly, Spyderco rarely gives delivery dates to anyone in advance. We may tell a distributor that it is scheduled for a certain date, but that means little as any glitch will delay the delviery date.

sal
rnbtexas

Post by rnbtexas »

I know I didn't post the question or even realize that I didn't know the answer, but thank you for the clarifaction Sal.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

You might contact JB Distributing (the place listed on the exclusives page). You might be able to go down the dealer list for that product and find someone willing to take a preorder.

While preorders are never guaranteed IF you could secure one I would be inclined to buy another at a reasonable price. If you end up with 2 it's not a bad situation to be in.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Blerv wrote:You might contact JB Distributing (the place listed on the exclusives page). You might be able to go down the dealer list for that product and find someone willing to take a preorder.

While preorders are never guaranteed IF you could secure one I would be inclined to buy another at a reasonable price. If you end up with 2 it's not a bad situation to be in.

I've found some retailers that mention the knives, but just a few so far. Maybe when the product is available it will show up in more places.

I am trying to get 2 because I want one and my daughter will want one, so there won't be any extras for me to stash away or sell.

Long ago I had a rule about increasing hard drive space, and now that appears to apply to Spyderco knives. First I had 3, then I had 5, and with my current wish list next I think I'll look up and I'll have 10. If they double each time I could be in for serious trouble.
BAL

Post by BAL »

bdblue wrote:I've found some retailers that mention the knives, but just a few so far. Maybe when the product is available it will show up in more places.

I am trying to get 2 because I want one and my daughter will want one, so there won't be any extras for me to stash away or sell.

Long ago I had a rule about increasing hard drive space, and now that appears to apply to Spyderco knives. First I had 3, then I had 5, and with my current wish list next I think I'll look up and I'll have 10. If they double each time I could be in for serious trouble.
I believe that it was Karen Carpenter who once said
"We've only just begun......" :)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I just saw over on Howes that their collector's club Blue Tenacious has been shipped to them and will arrive there on 5/8. Besides the Blue Tenacious, Howes also shows the Green Tenacious as arriving on the same dates. It also appears the Green Tenacious will be available in both plain and partially serrated versions.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com