Buy Sprints, then Flip Them at a Profit?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you ever buy a Spyderco just to flip it?

I routinely flip my spydies
8%
I have flipped a spydie
20%
I would flip a spydie
33%
I wouldn't flip a spydie, and will explain why
39%

Total votes: 169

FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

You are insulted? I'm sorry my words are too strong for you. I thought you'd be able to take it since you know full and well how this topic always ends up. This is why I'm urging you to just read your necrothreads. You will get your fill. They are all there for you, just a few clicks away.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Strong-Dog wrote:You're very good at making assumptions.
Why so up in arms to defend flipping then? Out of nowhere? No one said anything...no one insulted you. This is from 2011.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Ok, you really have no interest in discussing anything remotely related to the topic, do you?

Are you the thread police? Why did you even click on this thread in the first place? Do you often click on threads you know full well you will have nothing to contribute to?

I'm defending flippers because I cannot say that I support the free market if I condemn them. You either support the free market as it is, good and "bad", or you don't. Supporting the free market, except people that flip knives is a double standard.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

It's not a double standard. There are many things that are perfectly legal in the free market that is frowned upon for other reasons. Some moral, ethical... It doesn't mean they are against free market. No one is claiming that it is illegal. But since the free market is the only thing you cling to, so what if someone is against it? Are you the free market police?
-Leonard Nimoy
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

FCM415 wrote:It's not a double standard. There are many things that are perfectly legal in the free market that is frowned upon for other reasons. Some moral, ethical... It doesn't mean they are against free market. No one is claiming that it is illegal. But since the free market is the only thing you cling to, so what if someone is against it? Are you the free market police?
No, of course I'm not. I would just like to hear their positions and why they are against it.

I don't really see how someone having a voluntary transaction with Spyderco, than another voluntary transaction with another buyer can be considered morally or ethically wrong though. Since morals and ethics are subjective however, maybe some people actually believe that. I guess I just prefer to stick to finding logical contradictions then saying something is wrong because my personal morals and ethics say it is. Thoughts?
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Perhaps the bulk of the recent argument should take place via private messages instead of a 2 year old thread. Thread closed.
There is nothing more important than this one day.