Any K390 folders planned?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kbuzbee

Any K390 folders planned?

Post by kbuzbee »

Sal? Anyone? Inquiring minds and all that.

Ken
玉鋼
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

You mean, anything other than the Military sprint that was talked about on the Bladeforums thread?

Edit: I guess Sal only mentions a Mule in the thread.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Joshua J. wrote:You mean, anything other than the Military sprint that was talked about on the Bladeforums thread?

Edit: I guess Sal only mentions a Mule in the thread.
Mili? Okay, where's the preorder? ;) Para? Even better! More EDC for me.....

I like the concept of the Mule program but after the first few, I understood I just wasn't using them (sorry Sal, I tried!)

Any others?

Ken
玉鋼
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ken,

Not at this time.

sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

sal wrote:Hi Ken,

Not at this time.

sal
Thanks Sal, I appreciate your putting out the fire before it consumed me ;)

But you're thinking on it, right? ;)

Ken
玉鋼
sal

Post by sal »

Depends on what we learn from the Mules and the lab tests and what our customers say they want.

sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

sal wrote:Depends on what we learn from the Mules and the lab tests and what our customers say they want.

sal
Cool, I'll be waiting patiently (okay, not so much ;) )

Ken
玉鋼
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

sal wrote:Depends on what we learn from the Mules and the lab tests and what our customers say they want.

sal
I'd definitely buy a K390 Military (and PM2 and Manix 2 XL) :D
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

Talking about new steels for Military model, what is the next upcoming Military Sprint? What steel?

Will
invisiblemonster

Post by invisiblemonster »

I really hope a K390 Military happens. Sal, please consider making it. I would buy 3 regardless of handle color or material.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

That would be interesting to see, although steels like 10V/K294 and K390 aren't exactly easy to work with as in the very high end of difficulty due to the extreme wear resistance.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'll chime in here. I'm with Ken wanting a folder if possible, as well as the mule of course. I know it would be difficult to produce but it would be fantastic, especially at a hardness of rc 61-63 for the folder , and rc 64 for the mule. This is likely not a project the Spyderco team would be real enthusiastic about but one can dream. :)

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
dschur

Post by dschur »

Sign me up for a K390 military, that would be a dream.
My current Spydercos: Military CF S90V, (2) Military CF M390, Navaja CF S30V, Superleaf CF VG-10, Manix 2 CF CTS-XHP, Manix 2 CF S90V, Paramilitary 2 CF S90V, Stretch 2 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1 CF S30V, Lum Chinese CF VG-10, Caly 3 CF ZDP-189, Chaparral CF S30V, Kiwi CF VG-10, Chicago CF S30V, Cat CF S30V, Schempp Rock VG-10, Temperance 2 VG-10 :spyder:
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

Yep, I'll take at least 2 x PM2 in K390.

....with lovely carbon fibre scales.....

My K390 mule is simply amazing!!

Come on guys.....let's call for it to happen?

Regards.

Rookie.

:)
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I'm in for the motherload of K294 and K390 folders!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

The Mastiff wrote:I'll chime in here. I'm with Ken wanting a folder if possible, as well as the mule of course. I know it would be difficult to produce but it would be fantastic, especially at a hardness of rc 61-63 for the folder , and rc 64 for the mule. This is likely not a project the Spyderco team would be real enthusiastic about but one can dream. :)

Joe
Now that youve got your cruwear millie you need another 20 year backorder!
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Now that youve got your cruwear millie you need another 20 year backorder!
I'm almost out of old ideas waiting to come to life. Many of the steel/knife combinations I want would be pretty tame after the ones Sal came through with. It'll be difficult to ever top the mules already made, as well as the folders that were produced already including S90V, S110V, Cruwear, and Super Blue. The last two are my favorites for different reasons and they would be pretty difficult to top in my eyes.

In other words I feel I've asked more than enough.

I'll gladly keep grabbing up Spyderco's though. There's always something new I haven't tried yet.

And , since this is about K390 I'll say I was very impressed with the steel and think a folder is a great idea. I'd sure want it. :)

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

K390 military. Titanium handles. Or just black G10. Keep the heat treat the same. This stuff just keeps cutting and cutting. It also sharpens fairly easily if you're just touching up. Takes a nice polish too. But it deserves a model that can be worked with. Even a manix XL would do it justice.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I'd buy any of the standard folders with this steel. I was unfortunately unable to pick up a mule for it so I needs me something to satisfy my curiosity.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Any reasonably priced Paramilitary2 sprint or Military sprint is going to sell out instantaneously as we have seen with recent releases unless we are talking about 4,000? 5,000? piece runs. I don't even know if that would be enough to satisfy everyone who wants one. The market is certainly primed for as many sprints as Spyderco can produce. This specific sprint would be awesome in a PM2 or Military and I would certainly add one to the knife drawer. It would also make for an interesting fixed blade steel in a knife like the Enuff with a blade length of 3.5" - 3.75". Heck after seeing how well the K390 mule sold, I think you could make a K390 toe nail clipper and have it sell out quickly. I sure hope we see a future knife in K390, even better if it is a production knife so we don't have to deal with the sprint hysteria.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10