Ti Delica at Oregon Knife Show!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JB3

Ti Delica at Oregon Knife Show!

Post by JB3 »

I just got back from the OKCA show in Eugene OR today.

Eric and Sal had a table of prototype Spyderco knives out.

Amazing. I got to actually see and hold a Techno, and I was most happy to see a prototype for a Titanium handled FFG Damascus Delica.

I couldn't take a picture of the Delica as it's not really in production yet.

Sal said he wanted to hear feedback from us Spyderco fanatics as to whether or not a Ti Delica FFG Dammy was something we would want or not ... I thought he had to be kidding ... I really WANT one! I wanted that one ... I had to behave myself :)

Be sure and chime in on this thread if a Ti Dammy Delica might be something that interests you!

Thanks,
JB3

P.S. I'll put some pics of the Techno in here also.

sorry 'bout the poor pic quality ...
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

That Techno is superb. Only wish that the spacer is the same color as Mr Gs shirt.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
JB3

Post by JB3 »

KardinalSyn wrote:That Techno is superb. Only wish that the spacer is the same color as Mr Gs shirt.
I had previously thought the Techno might be a tad small for me, but the egronomics were great, and it's size seemed larger than what I had imagined.

I thought I'd skip getting one and wait for the Ti Chaparral, but I will be ordering a Techno now also.

I'd can't see any problem with having one as a main rotation EDC.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

JB3 wrote:I had previously thought the Techno might be a tad small for me, but the egronomics were great, and it's size seemed larger than what I had imagined.

I thought I'd skip getting one and wait for the Ti Chaparral, but I will be ordering a Techno now also.

I'd can't see any problem with having one as a main rotation EDC.
How did it feel in the hand? Was it solid. Noting that the two Ti scales are held together at one end by the blade and the other end with the spacer. Being a Spyderco I know it will be good but just curious as to how it felt in hand.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

A titanium Delica would be great, but with a VG10 blade. Plain handle. A lot of us like to do our own embellishing, and a plain handle like the Sage 3 would just look great. VG10 so it can be used.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

JB3, this is why we need a Spyderco.com patch. I sat right across from you at Mike Turner's grinding demonstration. If you are at the show today I'll say hello.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
JB3

Post by JB3 »

Sequimite wrote:JB3, this is why we need a Spyderco.com patch. I sat right across from you at Mike Turner's grinding demonstration. If you are at the show today I'll say hello.
I had to head home Saturday evening. My feet were fried and Sunday was "Motorcycle ride to Vernonia, OR" day.

I totally agree with you on the patches. That's a big reason for me going to the show ... to meet other people from online, put faces to names, etc. I said hello to, and met, other Oregon/Washington members of a certain Toxic Green website from the patches and other paraphernalia they were wearing.
I should have thought to put my Spyderco shirt on for the day, but a Spyderco.com patch with our Forum name on it would be a really nice way to meet and greet at shows.
I wonder if this is a product Sal or Eric might be interested in offering to Forum members?
jasonp1

Post by jasonp1 »

I'd definately pick a Ti (preferably frame lock) delica but prefer any other steel than damascus. ZDP-189 or VG-10 would be great. Definate purchase..
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Sadly I am still disappointed by the use of the wire clip on this one. The original and somewhat typical Ti clip suited the knife a heck of a lot more. the blue backspacer I could live with...or have replaced. But that wire clip...to be honest I hate it, seriously hate it.

I am glad that they are letting a few pics to slip here and there though. Gives us all little bits to drool over or discuss.
On the hunt for...
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I would be in for a Ti/Delica. I have missed a few rare opportunities to get oine of the original Ti's on the bay by only a few dollars worth of bids. I would assume this would / could be a 2013 model if the feedback is good? I wouldn't expect to see it in the 2013 catalog though. Either way should be a great combination.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Can't say titanium is high on my list of desirable handle materials and have yet to see any Japanese damascus I'd rate as attractive enough that I'd consider paying a premium for it. Passed on both the damascus Delica Sprints for just that reason. Besides which, I already have a "Japanese market" Ti/ATS-34 Delica 2 if the urge to carry a Ti Delica ever strikes me, so count me out.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

The Delica is a great knife and loved by many (including me), but many people see it as a high performing "budget" Spyderco so I'm not sure many would be willing to pay significantly more for a high-end delica with titanium and damascus steel. I don't think I would shell out the extra cash for such a knife.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Interesting to note that there was no Millie 2 or perhaps it was not the correct time/place for an unveiling.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

KardinalSyn wrote:Interesting to note that there was no Millie 2 or perhaps it was not the correct time/place for an unveiling.
Saving it for Blade maybe?

I'd like a damascus ti Delica, I liked everything about the sprints, except the jigged bone.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Rossi wrote:Saving it for Blade maybe?
That's a possibility.
cbb

Post by cbb »

I would buy a plain titanium Delica. Lovely!!
ceya

Post by ceya »

I have a Ti Delica ( which I can't find).
Original owner.

Love to see a new one.

S/F,
CEYA!
"Stay in the fight because we are Marines and the mission will be complete regardless of degree of difficulty."

by CEYA!
nwjavahead

Post by nwjavahead »

If it was with out a Damascus blade, I would. I love Ti knives, and blacked-out knives, and Foilage Green...

Just not Abigail fan of FRN...

Djordje aka nwjavahead
My :spyder:'s; Centofante3, FRN Delica (Black), FRN DragonFly2 (Black), G10 DragonFly (2x, Foliage Green!), FRN Endura4 (Black), FRN Streach2 (Black), FRN Native4 (Black), G10 Native5, G10 Manix2 (BlackedOut), G10 Manix2XL (BlackedOut), FRN ManBug, G10 ManBug (Bolsterd, Grey), FRN LadyBug (3x, SE), G10 Jester (Grey), G10 Military (BlackedOut), G10 ParaMilitary2 (2x BlackedOut), Sage 1, Sage2, Sage3, Leafstorm...

Continuing the quest for a Ti ParaMiltary2, and, 'FullSize' Jester (Ti or G10)...
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

I'd interesting in a Ti Delica with Damascus for sure. BRING IT ON!
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Slash

Post by Slash »

Have a Ti chap coming out. No need for Ti delica.