Ti Delica at Oregon Knife Show!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rutgrr

Postby Rutgrr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Slash wrote:Have a Ti chap coming out. No need for Ti delica.
Nonsense. There's always room for a Ti Delica :D
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Falco

Postby Falco » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:50 am

In terms of what I would consider to be the most awesome thing Spyderco could ever release, it would be a beefed up Delica. Delica is the perfect edc knife IMO... so just make whats already great, better.

Whether it gets the sebenza treatment with Ti, pivot bushings and a framelock OR the Para 2 treatment with g10/CF, pivot bushings, and a compression lock... I would definitely be buying a couple.

(I'm not a big damascus guy though...)

jackknifeh

Postby jackknifeh » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 am

Jazz wrote:A titanium Delica would be great, but with a VG10 blade. Plain handle. A lot of us like to do our own embellishing, and a plain handle like the Sage 3 would just look great. VG10 so it can be used.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Why can't a damascus blade be used? Because you wouldn't want to scratch it? I know very little about damascus steel. Is it the same steel all the way through or is it laminated with a core and damascus on the sides? See, told you I was dumb. I don't know anything about the steel like edge retention, rolling, chipping, etc. I wanted a blue damascus Delica a few years ago but never got one. If I had gotten it I was planning on using it as an EDC knife. I'd use it responsibly of course. No construction sites or mud puddles. :)

I'm also on the fence about titanium as a handle material. The best testimony I have in it's favor is no one complains about it. Sage2 seems to be a knife that no one has complained about. Scratches are my concern. My Sage4 bolster is getting scratched very easily but that's ok. That is an EDC knife for me that normal wear and tear scratches don't bother me. They seem to add to the character of the knife. I want the next Chaparral in a bad way and am wondering about the scratches on that handle. It starts out beautiful instead of plain so I may not want scratches at all. If that's the case I wouldn't want the knife. It will be a EDC knife. If it gets scratched and it shows character (so to speak) I'll love it. I don't want any display knives, only knives I want to use. Anyway, the damascus was my question but as usual I got sidetracked.

Jack

kbuzbee

Postby kbuzbee » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:02 am

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Sadly I am still disappointed by the use of the wire clip on this one. The original and somewhat typical Ti clip suited the knife a heck of a lot more. the blue backspacer I could live with...or have replaced. But that wire clip...to be honest I hate it, seriously hate it.
And I feel just the opposite. I like a lot of things about the Techno but the fact it comes with a wire clip pushed me over the top on it. Since my first Spydies, a clip and a hole have been two features that define my EDC.

Over the last five years or so, I began to notice, no matter how much I liked other knives, the one in my pocket had a wire clip. I was even passing on knives that had "features" I "thought" I cared about more (locks, steels, scales etc) to carry one that had a deep carry wire clip. (that realization was a cross between an "ah ha!" moment and saying to myself "seriously? I care THAT much about it?" ;) ) Well, whatever, it is what it is.

So I started replacing non wire clips with wires on those few knives I really like but didn't come that way OEM.

For quite a while, my two most carried were ones that I'd modded.... GB and Phoenix. Then I swapped out the Phoenix as an EDC for a Caly 3.5 SB which came with one stock.

I can't say at this point if the Techno will knock either out of my pocket. Honestly, I have my doubts. But it could. We'll see. It'll have to be one heck of a knife to do it.

As always, YMMV and all that.

Ken
玉鋼

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”