Michael Janich endura mod

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iyn

Michael Janich endura mod

Post by iyn »

with the polularity of the yojimo 2 any chance of Mike's modified endura going into production? anyone have this knife?
araneae

Post by araneae »

They were (are?) available from somebody as aftermarket mods by M. Janich. Do a forum search and I'm sure it will pop up. You could also have anyone with the tools and skill do it for you. It's not the most complicated mod. I highly doubt they will ever come into production.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
SpydieFan

Post by SpydieFan »

Can someone enlighten me on said mods?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:spyder:|Spyderco Bug|Spyderco Kiwi3|Spyderco H1 Salt|Spyderco Para Military 2 Black Blade DigiCam + STR Pocket Clip| :spyder:

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's a wharnied Endura. I recall 3.5" or so and a signed box.

Yea I'd agree with Aranae. The Yo2 is kinda the production version. Still find a custom maker locally; some forumites have made similar knives in their garage.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Here's a link to a old thread about it http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ael+janich

My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I don't use mine too much these days, but it's still my favorite Endura. I really like the blade shape, but sometimes I do miss the jimping.
:bug-red-white
iyn

Post by iyn »

This mod looks cool based on Mike J's concept should be effective. Anyone did this mod?
fifthprofession47

Post by fifthprofession47 »

Mike modifies each one of these Endura's by hand as time allows. They are sold exclusively through Stay Safe Media. It's been a while since a batch was available. I picked up two of them last year. The other day, one of Mike's personal students posted a photo of his new modified Gen 4 Gray handle Endura on Facebook.

Here's a link to the Stay Safe Media page:

http://www.staysafemedia.com/product.ph ... e=SPYDERCO ENDURA BLACK PLAIN EDGE - MODIFIED
"One is none and two is one"

Martial Blade Concepts - Certified Instructor

http://www.martialbladeconcepts.com/
iyn

Post by iyn »

fifthprofession47 wrote:Mike modifies each one of these Endura's by hand as time allows. They are sold exclusively through Stay Safe Media. It's been a while since a batch was available. I picked up two of them last year. The other day, one of Mike's personal students posted a photo of his new modified Gen 4 Gray handle Endura on Facebook.

Here's a link to the Stay Safe Media page:

http://www.staysafemedia.com/product.ph ... e=SPYDERCO ENDURA BLACK PLAIN EDGE - MODIFIED
Thanks for the info. I wrote to stay safe media to let me know when the knife is available. A 3.5" endura with frn handles and vg-10 blade is a knife I've been looking for.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

iyn wrote:This mod looks cool based on Mike J's concept should be effective. Anyone did this mod?
i pretty much copied Mike's endura and added a wave. it is my off duty knife.

WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Truckie453

Post by Truckie453 »

Nice work, did you take pics of the process?
tonydahose wrote:i pretty much copied Mike's endura and added a wave. it is my off duty knife.

-Vinny

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.

:spyder: endura (lost)
:spyder: dragonfly
:spyder: Gayle Bradley
:spyder: Para 2
:spyder: Purple Delica 4 (lost)
:spyder: Yojimbo 2
:spyder: Orange Delica 4
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

no in progress pics, sorry...all i did was mark it with a sharpie, grind it down (dipping it in water alot to keep from losing the temper) and then used some diamond bits on a dremel to create the hook. after that i buffed it, thats it :)
My knives
iyn

Post by iyn »

tonydahose wrote:no in progress pics, sorry...all i did was mark it with a sharpie, grind it down (dipping it in water alot to keep from losing the temper) and then used some diamond bits on a dremel to create the hook. after that i buffed it, thats it :)
So you did this mod with just a dremel tool? Can you tell us what bit you used? Sorry I'm a rookie dremel owner. My only mod was grinding of my fen clip from my old dragonfly.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

you can use a dremel tool to do the entire mod but it would take awhile. i have an industrial size buffer at the firehouse. i grinded most of the steel off with that. then i used a dremel with some diamond bits to make the hook. check out harbor freight tools for the bits.
My knives
iyn

Post by iyn »

tonydahose wrote:you can use a dremel tool to do the entire mod but it would take awhile. i have an industrial size buffer at the firehouse. i grinded most of the steel off with that. then i used a dremel with some diamond bits to make the hook. check out harbor freight tools for the bits.
Thanks!