Most Wanted Sprint Runs: Which ones do you all want?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

jabba359 wrote:I'd like to see:

*Super Blue Dialex Junior with dark grey G-10
I'd love that, the junior is the top on my want list...

I'd like to see a Damascus para2 with some really nice handle scales,idk what though :confused:
DIGITAL CAMO G10 ON ALL SPYDERS PLEASE :)
And there's so many more that I want but I can't think of them right now :o
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
tea

Post by tea »

Urban Leaf- H1 with FRN

Urban Leaf- Thin G10 and metal liners... maybe a lock....? Not exactly an 'Urban' anymore, but I love the ergonomics of the knife.

Really anything to justify buying another Urban...
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

The more I think about it I'd like to see a FFG Bushcraft in some fancy steel (3v, Super Blue, or 10v, s90v...).

I'd also like to see a SB Stretch, and maybe a model in H-1 as well.
JD Spydo

Bushcraft with super-steel: Excellent idea!

Post by JD Spydo »

MachSchnell wrote:The more I think about it I'd like to see a FFG Bushcraft in some fancy steel (3v, Super Blue, or 10v, s90v...).
Yeah now you're talking :cool: To have that Bushcraft model with a Super-Steel blade would truly be one of the better ideas for a Sprint of a fixed blade. I think that Carpenter XHP steel like what I got on the Military model would be great for a fixed blade as well.

But I still can't believe that no one besides myself wants a G-10 Harpy to be resurrected. A colored G-10 handle and a VG-10 blade or a blade made from one of the Super-steels. or maybe just maybe have a G-10 Harpy made in Golden CO USA with one of Crucible's or Carpenter's steels. The G-10 Harpy just has to be done>> it's that high on my list anyway and I know I'm not alone.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
DM11

Post by DM11 »

Native 5 with XHP and coyote brown G-10.
Hold Fast

David
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

JD Spydo wrote:But I still can't believe that no one besides myself wants a G-10 Harpy to be resurrected. A colored G-10 handle and a VG-10 blade or a blade made from one of the Super-steels. or maybe just maybe have a G-10 Harpy made in Golden CO USA with one of Crucible's or Carpenter's steels. The G-10 Harpy just has to be done>> it's that high on my list anyway and I know I'm not alone.
I had always wanted a G-10 Harpy ever since I first heard about them (as I don't like normal SS handles), but then I got a Superhawk and it filled that VG-10 hawkbill void. I'd still be interested in one, but the must-have factor for me has been satiated for the time being. Sorry :(
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Elmax PPT with corrugated CF scales..... And a radiused tang if possible :p
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

Just got this like epiphany... What is one reason why people like sprint runs? It allows us the customer to take a peak into a "custom/semi custom" world. With variety in scales and steels. So what if we push the envelope further? The knife that came to mind is this -[and you heard the idea from me! lol - yes I was excited when I started to think about it - well unless someone else wrote it before me anywho, then I will change this] -

Is what if they did a sprint of the upcoming Terzoula knife in a high grade steel, and used LS CF [not asking for anything other special either like filed backspacer or a different blade design either, just steel choice + handle is plenty] !!

Isn't that almost as close to a custom terzoula as you can get? Can you just imagine how amazing that would be? that 2012 Terzoula that Mr.Blonde allowed us to peak is somethin real clean, slick, and kind of a tough elegance. If that makes sense, it makes me think what a "cool gangster" would have in the movies, if that helps picture it lol. I'll try to do a photoshop within a few days before I go into surgery on Fri. [btw the above knife was just an example anywho of the paradigm difference vs the previous paradigm for sprints. Its not that I shifted paradigms persay, just added a new one, and count them all as valid :p was just excited about this particular idea lol].

Although I must say, for MANY knives, a titanium frame-lock variant, or a lightening strike carbon fiber variant, is simply aces. Albeit it would add quite a bit [besides the steel as well] to the price.
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

Here is the photoshop I did for the Terzoula starmate 2012 spyderco with lightening strike CF, and a more "custom" looking pivot.

jezabel

Post by jezabel »

For me everything that's on Jd's list, the SE G10 Ayoob, C44 Dyad! & G10 harpy, I'll also add a Micarta Lum Chinese with Super Blue and obviously an SE Millie in S90V.

J
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
ReGZ_93

Post by ReGZ_93 »

I would like to another G10 Harpy, as well. I would also like to see another Micarta Calypso Jr.
MCM

Post by MCM »

CF & S90v Manix XL.
CF & S90v Ti Military. (Think M4 Mili here)
Were my summer 2011 picks anyway. :o
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Mick

Post by Mick »

Wegner Jr. with VG-10 and carbon fiber. A titanium framelock Wegner Jr. would also be really cool.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

MachSchnell wrote:The more I think about it I'd like to see a FFG Bushcraft in some fancy steel (3v, Super Blue, or 10v, s90v...).
The bushcraft crowd would regard FFG and "bushcraft" as a serious contradiction in terms. :D
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

JNewell wrote:The bushcraft crowd would regard FFG and "bushcraft" as a serious contradiction in terms. :D
Yea, but Blind Horse and Koster Knives offer their Bushcraft style blades in FFG; FFG is just as capable in woodworking, and more versatile when it comes to performing other tasks.
osodavis

Post by osodavis »

A G-10 Stretch, a G-10 Stretch, & a G-10 Stretch, please! Any color (well, almost any color!), & any good steel will do! A super steel would be nice(like M390, CTS-XHP, M4, Elmax, etc.), but I will take any Stretch in G-10, seriously, Sal, i mean it! Please? Pleeeeeease??!?! Don't make me beg! Oh wait, I think I already did! :D
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

ReGZ_93 wrote:I would like to another G10 Harpy, as well.
Me too
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

osodavis wrote:A G-10 Stretch, a G-10 Stretch, & a G-10 Stretch, please! Any color (well, almost any color!), & any good steel will do! A super steel would be nice(like M390, CTS-XHP, M4, Elmax, etc.), but I will take any Stretch in G-10, seriously, Sal, i mean it! Please? Pleeeeeease??!?! Don't make me beg! Oh wait, I think I already did! :D
It may not be G10, but the CF version of the stretch uses that Twill-woven carbon fiber that is pretty grippy, and some folks would consider the ZDP-189 to be a super steel, if you can find one. Mine is fantastic :D . KSF still has some of them.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Papa_K

Post by Papa_K »

An ideal situation to me would be a Custom Spyderco Department.
For specific models, a variety of steels and handle materials/colors would be available.
Pick one steel from Column A and one set of handles from Column B.

That example leaves out other alterations, but those could be available as well... for a price.

This falls under Dreamland ideas, but that seems to be what the thread's all about.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Seeing how well serrated H-1 performs, how 'bout a folding or fixed H-1 saw?
If too expensive, maybe just reintroduce a sprint of the SpyderSaw.

I like how Swiss Army Knives offer models with a saw, but their handles are just cumbersome and awkward and not very ergonomic.