Manix 2 XL

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RanCoWeAla

Manix 2 XL

Post by RanCoWeAla »

My dealer finally got a Manix 2 XL in for me yesterday and what an awesome knife. He said everyone who has seen it had a fit over this knife. I don't think I have ever held a knife comparable to the Manix Xl because I don't think there is one out there. His Nephew was home on leave from the Marines and said after seeing the Manix XL 2 his Uncle had gotten for me that he was going to just put his Benchmade Presidio auto up at home and carry the Manix that it was the baddest knife he had ever seen.
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

I agree, It's one of Spyderco's best, before, my favorite three models were the PM2, Military, and Manix 2 in that order, as soon as I got the M2XL it joined those four, and after about 3 weeks or so of carrying it It's definitely passed the Manix 2, probably the Military and is in contention for the top spot, a Sprint run could help to push it over as my favorite model (it is afterall a regular M2XL competeing with S90V, M390 and 20CP PM2's, not very fair). This will most likely be a model I have to collect all the sprint runs of like my PM2 Sprint collection (soon to be 5 total).
dem0n1k

Post by dem0n1k »

I also agree :) The M2XL fits my hand so well & has a great pivot to spydie-hole distance that makes opening & closing so easy. I like the weight of it even though that moves it out of my pocket onto my belt usually. I would also be keen for a Sprint run of the M2XL with bolsters & polished G10 :D S30V :cool:
:spyder: australian spyderco fan :spyder:
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Yep. It's one tank of a knife. Love the way those metal ridges dig into my palm when i hold it tight.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Wildernest Survivor

Top Performer, Great Value

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

The Manix XL is a substantial knife, and for the money, is one of the best values in Spyderco's lineup. :DI am a huge fan of the Para2, but the Manix 2 has not found that same place within my knife collection. I enjoy my XHP Manix 2, but given the choice, I will always chose one of my many Para2s. The Manix XL, on the other hand, is what I think the Manix 2 should of been IMHO. :spyder: :confused: :spyder: The ergos of the handle, along with the grippy G10, perfectly fit my large hands. The extra blade length and full flat grind make this knife an excellent single-carry option: it is tough enough to do the work of a larger knife, but the blade geometry allows it to perform fine cutting tasks with aplomb. Finally, I love the solid feel of the knife and actually prefer the weight - it builds confidence in the knife, and a knife that I am confident in using performs more safely without added mental strain. :cool:
I believe that the Manix XL would be the perfect platform for an extended series of Sprint Runs - like the Para2 and its little brother, the Manix 2 before it. The hard-working super steels like ELMAX and M390 would be excellent choices and synergistically improve performance and user enjoyment.
I cannot recommend the Manix XL highly enough. Along with the ParaMilitary 2, the XL epitomizes the superior design philosophy of Sal and Eric Glesser, along with the whole Spyderco crew. :D
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

cckw

Post by cckw »

The Manix2 XL is what the Manix2 should have been all along. And the perfect platform for some sprint models!
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I predict the Manix 2 XL is going to be one of the hottest selling knives of all time. I was back at my dealers place on Saturday and he was telling that his Nephew whom I had mentioned earlier that was in the Marine Corps had sent word from abroad to send four more for guys in his unit.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

It's great to see a thread on the Manix2 XL. Mine is still holding safe queen status since I have been giving more pocket time to my Millie and Para2.

There was also another thread where an improved mid lock version was discussed. I guess the C95 is going places.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

About the only Spyderco knife truly comparable to the new Spyderco Manix2 XL is the original Spyderco C95 Manix.

With the exception of the locking mechanism and a few other differences, the C95 Manix and Manix2 XL are pretty close to being the same... and, I like that!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Just received a Manix 2 XL as a gift from my girlfriend and I have to say that I'm totally blown away by the fit and finish of this knife. Completely flawless in every respect, in a winning design that fits my hand perfectly. I really don't understand how this combination of workmanship and materials is available for under $100, and US made to boot! I respectfully request that no sprint runs be made of the XL, as I will feel compelled to snap them all up.
cckw

Post by cckw »

I am not much of a fan of regular Manix 2, but the XL is truly the missing link to make that knife come alive
Clip

Post by Clip »

This thread is extremely interesting to me, as I'm perfectly happy with my Manix 2 and wouldn't make any changes. I'll have to look into this.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
bonesmalones

Post by bonesmalones »

My Manix2 XL "fits like a glove". Awesome knife. Great feel in the hand. BIG blade. And the price is right.
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I got a NIB one recently for $80 shipped, **** of a knife for that price. I like that the blade stock is thinner too, makes for quite the huge slicer.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Received an XL as a gift in March, couldn't be happier. At first I thought it was a no-go due to size. As I started to EDC it, I started to realize just how much I like it. Fit is perfect as mentioned by previous posters. And it is a sweet chunk of s30v, pretty impressive blade to play with. Food prep has been my XL's main tasks, and it has performed admirably. If I could complain about anything with the knife, is that it does take up a lot of pocket real estate, but I'm not really a big guy so might be different in your pocket. If you are on the fence about this knife, pull the trigger, you will not be disappointed! Thanks for reading.

Davy