Ti Chaparral release?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JB3

Ti Chaparral release?

Post by JB3 »

Any news about how production is going on the Ti Chaparral and it's possible release date?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

JB3 wrote:Any news about how production is going on the Ti Chaparral and it's possible release date?
I emailed Spyderco about that and their reply was July, Aug, Sep timeframe. That's a pretty big window but was glad to get that. Whatever the reasons are they seem reluctant to give a more specific release date. Probable due to material availability and things like that. My concern was that it would be available to have as a Christmas present for someone very near and dear to my heart. ME!. :) Or possibly the knives are already made and ready to be shipped and the people at Spyderco are sitting around boxes of them in a warehouse. They sit their coffee on stacks of Chaparral Stealth knives and laughing about us waiting so impatiently. :mad: :) I'm sure that's not the case. :D

Jack
JB3

Post by JB3 »

"Inside sources" tell me there are boxes of Ti Chaparrals stacked up in the break room at Spyderco ... and the poor little knives are being used as stir sticks for employees coffee ... so cruel.

Thanks for the 411 Jack. I hope Spyderco hurries, 'cause we all know the world is going to end by December of this year .... I at least wanna die with a Ti Chaparral in my hand!
[ATTACH]20006[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Mayan Calendar.jpg
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

It's now August (tomorrow), and I'm curious if anybody has heard anything new about time frame for release of the Ti Chaparral?
MsbS

Post by MsbS »

I just came across the Amsterdam 2012 Meet thread and I fell in love with the Ti Chaparral. A must-have for me. I am planning to get a gent's folder to carry to the office where I work - this Chaparral will be perfect for this purpose.

(In the meantime, I will get a Stainless Delica, which is affordable but heavy - looking forward to the upgrade).

Has any MSRP estimate been publshed?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

MsbS wrote:I just came across the Amsterdam 2012 Meet thread and I fell in love with the Ti Chaparral. A must-have for me. I am planning to get a gent's folder to carry to the office where I work - this Chaparral will be perfect for this purpose.

(In the meantime, I will get a Stainless Delica, which is affordable but heavy - looking forward to the upgrade).

Has any MSRP estimate been publshed?
Howe's has them for pre-order for $190 I think. Cost for pre-order is $10 if you pre-order one.

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I just looked at Howe's and the pre-order Ti Chaparral is not there any more. I pre-ordered one but now I don't know if I will be able to get it when they are first released. :( Very sad. The price for the knife was $190 or $195 so just figure approx. $200 for a Ti Chaparral when they are available. This was the only knife I had on a wish list. Then Spyderco released the Manbug w/ZDP. You can't see it but I can feel the pistol being held to my head.

Jack
MsbS

Post by MsbS »

Thanks, Jack. 200 USD + shipping to Europe might be quite steep, but if the build quality is 'Spyderco-ish', I'll give it a spin. I just love the looks on this cutie.
The Fluted Native Ti is also nice, but a tad too large for a business suit EDC.

For now, I'm torn between Des Horn and SS Delica (I know thay are totally different, but they both appeal to me).
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

MsbS wrote:Thanks, Jack. 200 USD + shipping to Europe might be quite steep, but if the build quality is 'Spyderco-ish', I'll give it a spin. I just love the looks on this cutie.
The Fluted Native Ti is also nice, but a tad too large for a business suit EDC.

For now, I'm torn between Des Horn and SS Delica (I know thay are totally different, but they both appeal to me).
I have the CF Chaparral and it is the PERFECT size for office/suit EDC IMO. It's about half the price of the Ti Chaparral. Do you have the CF model? I am hoping to get every Chaparral as they are released (or soon after). Personally, I'd recommend the CF Chaparral instead of a Delica but that's me. I prefer the choils on the Chaparral and S30V to VG-10. And just in case you don't need the clip on the Chaparral, take it off and you have one sleak knife. The Des Horn is nice. I've handled one but don't own one. Talk about pointy. :)

I remember when if you need a knife you go to the store, spend 5 minutes shopping, spend up to $20 and you are done. Those were the days. :)

Jack