How about a Centofante3 ZDP-189 (or a different steel) run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blerv

How about a Centofante3 ZDP-189 (or a different steel) run?

Post by Blerv »

It's a popular knife with Nutnfancy's vid having 80k views; Cutlerylover has 20k views.

Besides those reviewers I think the overall package is one that people of all backgrounds love. Also great for an AFI steel since it has a terrific slicing profile. The only change I could see is a different color FRN to differentiate it.

Thoughts on a limited run with a bit more spice?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm in with both feet. The Centofantes are some of my favorite knives. I think they're one of the most well kept secrets of the Spyderco lineup. I can't tell you how happy i would be with a Centofante 4 in ZDP.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

A Centofante 4 in CPM-M4 would be a dream come true. Sprint?

Gordon
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I would also prefer the Centofante 4. I sold mine a year or two ago and kick myself all the time for doing so. What a stupid mistake.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Love that idea.

Perhaps, a screw construction could be done instead of pinned for the next Cento3.

I don't even mind a Titanium handled version in a super steel although that might hike up the price.

And here I was telling Travis the other day that the Tuff would be my last Spyderco. LOL.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'd sure as heck buy one. I wouldn't want anything fancy - keep the same lightweight scales - just add a nice ZDP blade. This would probably rival the ZDP Caly Jrs for the "Slicing King" award...

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

KardinalSyn wrote:Love that idea.

Perhaps, a screw construction could be done instead of pinned for the next Cento3.

I don't even mind a Titanium handled version in a super steel although that might hike up the price.

And here I was telling Travis the other day that the Tuff would be my last Spyderco. LOL.

I would love to see a Cento 4 in Ti with ZDP or Super Blue...man what a sweet knife that would be. Laser etch the spyder into the handle!
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm all for something really exotic but some of the charm from the Cento3/4 is having a FRN mold and a thin blade ready to go. That makes it affordable and appealing to a broad audience.

Being able to snag something special for $60-80 would be slick. Say a dark red, green, blue? Maybe even a black bug in the handle? Don't know if that would be an eyesore for shiny rivets tho.

Anyways, great ideas! I love the platform and would adore variety at any price structure.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

+ 1 for screw construction instead of pinned and different steel. Love looks of that knife and definitelly on my wishlist.
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
araneae

Post by araneae »

Seems like a sensible idea for a classic design. BRG would seem the obvious choice if ZDP was the steel, but a sprint in any color would be cool.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Sht

Post by Sht »

I'd say keep it as cheap as possible with just zdp & a nice really dark color.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Instead of ZDP-189, how about some of that new "freakin amazing" steel? :)

Jack
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think leave the scale design the way it is but make it BRG, give it ZDP, and leave the palladium spyder in the handle. That's the setup. I just don't see them doing a sprint of the Cento 4 since that model already got discontinued...i'm betting it would be the more widely popular Cento 3 that gets the sprint :(
~David