Paramilitary 2 OOS "Everywhere"?...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Benny90

Paramilitary 2 OOS "Everywhere"?...

Post by Benny90 »

I've been looking to pick up a Paramilitary 2. Seems like everyone else is doing the same as everywhere I check, they are out of stock. At least at the places with decent prices.

I decided to take a look at SFO and even they are OOS! Any clue on when we'll be getting some in to the market?

I'm not that in a hurry to pick one up, I have a backorder in, just stinks having to wait. :o

Edit: Found one! :D

Hint: They are gone :)
mr_anderson

Post by mr_anderson »

What model do you want?
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I bet that their factory capacity is pretty tight with all the Sprint versions being produced right now. Maybe they just can't squeeze in the regular production models as quickly as they'd like...

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
acertainman

Post by acertainman »

There are brown ones at KnifeWorks.
Former: Delica plain, Dragonfly serrated
Current: Terzuola Slipit, Paramilitary, Paramilitary 2 Camo, Shabaria CF, Tenacious
Soon: Para2 Brown, Native 5, Gayle Bradley, Delica 4 plain / Pacific Salt plain
Would Love: Orginal Terzuola Clipit
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

acertainman wrote:There are brown ones at KnifeWorks.
New Graham shows 4 in stock as well.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

M390 Para2 also available.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

I'm actually looking at the DLC black bladed version. I was also thinking that the sprints might be affecting some of the capacity at the factory, makes sense to me. A M390 or like super steel version would be very cool but not something I necessarily need right now. For some reason I just really like the DLC coated version, not necessarily for its 'mall ninja' appeal but the fact that if I do go somewhere dressy, it will blend right in with what I am wearing.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I've been waiting for CS to get either / both of the camo versions in stock for a month or two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Howe's is showing the DLC Camo version in stock and on-sale!

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

phillipsted wrote:Howe's is showing the DLC Camo version in stock and on-sale!

TedP
Nice, great price too! I bought a few things from Howe's a few years ago, great store, and recently couldn't remember the dang name for the life of me, thanks for the heads up! Holding out for the black on black, but that is one awesome knife, love the digi camo! Unfortunately have too many sheeple where I live and don't think they would appreciate the camo as much as I would. ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Spyderco has this little troll they captured in the mountains of Colorado that exudes pure awesomeness. After making so many awesome knives using his awesomeness, he gets tired and runs out of awesomeness and has to focus his mana to rebuild awesomeness. If they're out of stock, the troll is out of awesomeness. If you're brave you can go to Colorado and try to force more awesomeness out of the troll, but that would be ill advised.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
dball

Post by dball »

I received my new all black PM2 from nationalknives.com today, ordered it Friday. Price was $108 + shipping. He had 1 left as of yesterday.

D
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

phillipsted wrote:I bet that their factory capacity is pretty tight with all the Sprint versions being produced right now. Maybe they just can't squeeze in the regular production models as quickly as they'd like...

TedP
Ditto.

Last year everyone was complaining about not enough sprints. And what a number of us said is that sprints take away from production. So this yer we have lots of sprints and those cheaper production knives are a little harder to get. Spyderco has limited production and can't meet everyone's needs. But that's also what makes their products special to allot of us.
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

dball wrote:I received my new all black PM2 from nationalknives.com today, ordered it Friday. Price was $108 + shipping. He had 1 left as of yesterday.

D
Hehe checked, OOS from what I can tell, can't find the Para on the site now.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Evil D wrote:Spyderco has this little troll they captured in the mountains of Colorado that exudes pure awesomeness. After making so many awesome knives using his awesomeness, he gets tired and runs out of awesomeness and has to focus his mana to rebuild awesomeness. If they're out of stock, the troll is out of awesomeness. If you're brave you can go to Colorado and try to force more awesomeness out of the troll, but that would be ill advised.
D, we should collab on a kids book :D
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Evil D wrote:Spyderco has this little troll they captured in the mountains of Colorado that exudes pure awesomeness. After making so many awesome knives using his awesomeness, he gets tired and runs out of awesomeness and has to focus his mana to rebuild awesomeness. If they're out of stock, the troll is out of awesomeness. If you're brave you can go to Colorado and try to force more awesomeness out of the troll, but that would be ill advised.
Man, I thought they were little green men on loan from Roswell.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

phillipsted wrote:I bet that their factory capacity is pretty tight with all the Sprint versions being produced right now. Maybe they just can't squeeze in the regular production models as quickly as they'd like...

TedP
I'm sure it's a balancing act trying to get the sprints out while keeping up with demand for the 'regular' versions. Hopefully we will see them hit the market very soon, especially the black bladed black version *hint hint* ;)
B. Baer

Post by B. Baer »

Just got my A.G. Russell catalog in the mail today, they're showing camo versions avail in this catalog.

All the best,

Baer
Slash

Post by Slash »

It's nutnfancy's fault. He recently did a review on a camo para 2. So, of course all the tnp following had to go buy one.
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

Stop this! You guys are making me want a Camo/DLC Para2 :( I already have enough Para2's. And still more to come (sprint runs).
:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

Green Para 2 on pre order