Pekka Puuko Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rhiney

Pekka Puuko Question

Post by Rhiney »

Hey guys,

Can someone clarify for me if the Pekka Puuko is going to be a production or a fixed-number run? I need to balance my purchases, and if I have more time for the puuko, or less, I will need to balance my priorities (or mug someone).

Thanks for any info.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

It looks like it will be regular production. It is not listed as a sprint run in either the online catalog or the PDF catalog. "Fixed number" run might be misleading though as how many will be made will depend on sales. I'm not sure what first-production run quantities are for the Taiwan plant or what it was specifically for the Puuko.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

You should have plenty of time to get a Puukko. Go ahead and put your ski mask away.
:bug-red-white
jossta

Post by jossta »

gbelleh wrote:Go ahead and put your ski mask away.
lol
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

FWIW, no brand new Spyderco model is ever planned as a single or fixed quantity run. That's only done with variants of existing models. However, some new models work out that way due to poor sales, and collaborations work out that way more often than in-house designs. There's no telling how well the Puukko will sell but sales, rather than planning, will be what determines how many are made.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Rhiney

Post by Rhiney »

Thanks guys, much appreciated. It's hard to save up for a wedding AND survive the number of very pretty Spydies that seem to be coming out every second day! Deacon -- thanks for the clarification; as always, your generously shared knowledge adds tremendously to these fora.